PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experience Century's UFIXEM BM?

dirtshooter
March 28, 2002, 00:51
Does anyone have any experience with one of Century's UFIXEM Ballester Molina? It says 'Minor parts' on their web page and I was wondering if could say what they typically got?

I haven't contacted them to see how much they were. Thought I'd ask here first.

Century part #: (HG929-FI)

TIA,
Chuck

1gewehr
March 28, 2002, 08:08
It's a crapshoot. I got one that was in VG condition, no finish, and missing a grip panel. New grips and refinishing, and it's beautiful!
A friend ordered right after me and his was missing the trigger and sear, as well as a grip panel. Also had some deep rust pits under the grips. Even after he replaced the missing parts and prettied it up, it was still a good deal.
Generally, you get at least your money's worth.
The best deal they have going is the five M44's for $150. Cracked stocks are easily fixed with epoxy. All the ones I've seen have had excellent bores.
1gewehr

hsp223
March 28, 2002, 12:47
From the order number you get an idea what is wrong with the gun HG 929 FI, The HG stands for handgun then the number to identify which handgun they are talking about then the condition, in this case FI means Fair condition and incomplete (not all parts are there). In there add they say that it is missing minor parts which could mean sites or handgrips etc. At the very least, the barrel,frame and slide will be present and in worn condition. It is a U-FIXum in which case you can't return the gun anyway, even if it is missing something major. I don't know of anyone selling parts for the BM, maybe you could check Gunparts Corp.

dirtshooter
March 29, 2002, 23:08
Didn't see anything on gunpartscorp.com. Thanks though.

1gewehr: Do you know where your friend got the parts?
Where did you find your parts?

I understand the only parts that are interchangeable with the Colts are the barrel and the magazine.

TIA,
Chuck