PDA

View Full Version : Mossburg 144 LSA

oleblu72
June 14, 2012, 18:54
I just bought A Mossburg 144 LSA on Proxibid can anyone tell me anything about it? I need to get a clip for it to any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

olgunner
June 14, 2012, 22:30
HavlinSales.com has 10rd mags for $28.
Not personally familiar with the 144, but understand it's similar to the model 44 used as a WWII trainer. (Could be completely wrong.)

oleblu72
June 15, 2012, 08:56
Thanks for the reply Olgunner I'll give them a look.

Mark

doubletap
June 15, 2012, 17:52
I used one of these for several years as my backyard trainer for over the course matches. It is similar to but not the same as the 44US models. Mags are not the same. They have a somewhat adjustable trigger, which you will see when you remove it from the stock. I believe they all had the Mosserg receiver sight (not Lyman) and had a Lyman 17a front sight. All in all they are a decent rifle and I'm glad I bought it years ago now. It will easily shoot possibles on the 25 yard targets so if it shoots like mine, no excuses!

Doubletap

oleblu72
June 15, 2012, 18:44
Thanks for the reply Doudletap there was 2 of them in the auction the other was a 144 LS with Lyman sites I bid on that one too but I was outbid.

Mark

Tiberius
June 15, 2012, 21:06
I just bought A Mossburg 144 LSA on Proxibid can anyone tell me anything about it? I need to get a clip for it to any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

The 144 is the post-WW2 version of the M44US training rifles from WW2. They came with either a Lyman 57 or a proprietary rear peep sight. As others have said, for mags or parts, contact Vic Havlin....he also runs the Mossberg Collector's Club which puts out a quite nice newsletter on Mossberg guns.

You'll find it's a excellent shooter....Mossberg made very nice barrels back in the day.

oleblu72
June 16, 2012, 18:29
Thanks for your input Tiberius appreciate it. Yeah I can't wait for it to get here.

Mark