PDA

View Full Version : Sig 716 Patrol

G2
May 28, 2012, 11:11
Anyone have experience with the SIG 716???
I hear they are pretty good. Have not had a chance to see one in person. Wonder how they compare with say....the SCAR or a POF 308?

Scott V2
May 30, 2012, 19:57
I have picked up Saturday hours at the local fun shop. I have not seen the 716 yet, but will post when I handle it.

Scar 17....I am going to be selling off a bunch of fal parts to buy one. It grows on you, light, accurate.

POF....another work of art. The machine work and fit/finish is above top shelf.

I want to take everything home:biggrin:

FALRifle
May 30, 2012, 20:28
I was able to put about a hundred rounds through it. I thought it was excellent. Great accuracy, manageable recoil, not too heavy, mags are easy to find. The thing that bugged me the most was that SIG does not offer replacement parts. You can't call them and ask for spare parts or replacement parts. If something breaks and it is an easy fix, more than likely you will have to ship your rifle. Kinda sucks. I like having multiple pieces of anything that will break. Things may have changed since I asked them about it but I doubt it. Otherwise the rifle itself is awesome.

EBRfan
May 31, 2012, 07:01
I've handled one but not shot it. Fit and finish is very good. It seems very well put together. LGS has one at $2132.

G2
May 31, 2012, 08:01
I was able to put about a hundred rounds through it. I thought it was excellent. Great accuracy, manageable recoil, not too heavy, mags are easy to find. The thing that bugged me the most was that SIG does not offer replacement parts. You can't call them and ask for spare parts or replacement parts. If something breaks and it is an easy fix, more than likely you will have to ship your rifle. Kinda sucks. I like having multiple pieces of anything that will break. Things may have changed since I asked them about it but I doubt it. Otherwise the rifle itself is awesome.

That would definitely be an issue. I like to keep spares put aside.
Thanks guys, sounds like it is worth further investigation.

GOPOSTALMAIL
June 04, 2012, 19:21
This Sig716 sure has more felt recoil than SCAR17s because it has A2 FH, not a PWS brake like the SCAR, somehow I manage to get better grouping with it than my SCAR, using American Eagle 150g boat tail, I can stack holes within a nickel at about 50 yrds /10 shots, move out to 90 yards it still stacks 7-8 holes within 1 in. with 2-3 out of 2 in., knowing I'm NOT a good shooter, my hands & arms are shaky at best, plus eyes problem, I still believe this is not a flux, and WOW... the gun is GOOD, I do have a cheap 3x15x50 scope on it to help me put the crosshair on paper (and see holes too), a good shooter with match ammo sure can easily get 1 MOA or less with it.
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/GOPOSTALMAIL/c4cb294a.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/GOPOSTALMAIL/f1a0c1ab.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/GOPOSTALMAIL/20120524144757_5_.jpg

G2
June 05, 2012, 12:09
Thank you for the excellent info.
G2