PDA

View Full Version : Pre 2005 CZ 75 and clones magazines

secofun
May 20, 2012, 05:52
I chanced onto a pistol I really wanted about 6 weeks ago, traded a Colt Goverment 45 series 80 with upgraded sights to get it. An almost mint in the blue Springfield box with all the paperwork P 9, "IPSC approved" marked with a stainless frame and blued slide, 5.3 ported barrell, and interesting adjustable sights. It came with one added magazine. The weight of the pistol and porting makes shooting 9mm very nice. Looking for extra mags has been interesting, the best price being $24.95 at CDNN for EAA 15 round pre magazine well change. Tried the 17 round EAA and CZ 75 mags by MecGar but they didn't work. I happened onto a pair of Armalite A 24 fullsize mags for $20 for both. They fit well, hold the slide back, and when I get a chance, will report back on how well they work under fire. For any other old style CZ 75 style pistoleros, especially with the excellent P 9, it's worth a look at the Armalite mags.

gew98
May 20, 2012, 08:41
Got a link to "armalite" ?.

fnogger
May 20, 2012, 08:49
A P9 mag worked fine in my TA-90 (CZ75 w/ slide mounted decocker). Not sure about the TA-90 mags in a P-9, since I never had my paws on one...

The TA-90 mags would hold 16, the P-9 mag only 15.

MAINER
May 20, 2012, 13:04
Got a link to "armalite" ?.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=24-15

I really like the grips on these things.

armoredman
May 20, 2012, 14:56
I'd be surprised if an Armalite AR-24 mag didn't work in a P-9. They're practically the same gun. The P-9, TZ-75, TA-90 and Witness pistols are all the same gun, imported from Tanfgolio of Italy. Good solid pistols.
The AR-24 is imported from Sarsilmaz of Turkey, who was a Tanfoglio distributor until they decided to make their own Tanfolgio clones a few years ago, the Kliniq pistol. Ergo the two share an awful lot in common, even more so for the AR-24 and P-9 than the later Witness pistols, as Tanfoglio went to a "large frame" and "small frame" to accommodate the wide range of calibers available, and the AR-24 seems to be based on the older frame style of the Tanfolgio pistol.
Older Tanfoglio magazines will work as well, but avoid the older ProMags - pure junk.
Hope that helps.