PDA

View Full Version : Shot a glock today...

fnogger
May 18, 2012, 20:09
for the first time in 20 years. Last time was a 1st Gen 17... big handful for my small hands.

Today I shot a 3rd Gen 22 w/ Crimson Trace laser on it. Felt like holding on to a 2x4... Good guns, reliable, light to carry, decently accurate for a service type pistol, just not my cup-o-tea.

Ended up breaking out my 1911 w/ ultra slim grips, felt much better, much more controllable. To each his own.

garyd1961
May 18, 2012, 20:52
for the first time in 20 years. Last time was a 1st Gen 17... big handful for my small hands.

Today I shot a 3rd Gen 22 w/ Crimson Trace laser on it. Felt like holding on to a 2x4... Good guns, reliable, light to carry, decently accurate for a service type pistol, just not my cup-o-tea.

Ended up breaking out my 1911 w/ ultra slim grips, felt much better, much more controllable. To each his own.

I felt the same about my Glock 22 when I first got it, but after a few days I started to get use to it and now it's my everyday carry gun.

gobbler
May 18, 2012, 20:54
Didn't get "glock toe" did you????

gobbler

fnogger
May 19, 2012, 09:55
Didn't get "glock toe" did you????

gobbler

Nope... was shooting on a police academy range that is run by the college I work for (always fun to shoot other peoples guns with other peoples ammo), the chief training guy did mention more than a few ADs amongst the experienced officers coming back for CEU (continuing ed) credits...

garyd1961
May 20, 2012, 20:33
If you shoot yourself it's not the gun's fault.

MK ULTRA
May 21, 2012, 20:46
You have to have MAN HANDS to shoot a Glock.

You cant be NO GIRLY MAN. LOL

2thdoc
May 22, 2012, 09:03
never liked the grip on glock until i put small grips on gen 4 now i shoot it all the time

jugrunner
May 22, 2012, 20:47
Damn gobbler ... Beat me to it ... :rofl:

Actually I was just checking to see if he was still "intact" ... :bow:

jugrunner
May 22, 2012, 20:50
Nope... was shooting on a police academy range that is run by the college I work for (always fun to shoot other peoples guns with other peoples ammo), the chief training guy did mention more than a few ADs amongst the experienced officers coming back for CEU (continuing ed) credits...

AD = "accidental discharge" for all you Glock peeps ... :wink: ... might need a safety on those things ... !!

juanni
May 22, 2012, 23:29

I am the other end of the spectrum, a 1911 feels like the grip was designed for an sickly, underfed, 12 yo from the early 1900s. :)

...............juanni

jugrunner
May 23, 2012, 12:32
I am the other end of the spectrum, a 1911 feels like the grip was designed for an sickly, underfed, 12 yo from the early 1900s. :)

...............juanni

fits your hand well obviously, huh ... ???