PDA

View Full Version : Got a Woo on the way to it's new owner!

Dirt1042
April 27, 2012, 17:22
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=282545519

I'll post real pics when I get it next week. :)

palmettomoon
April 28, 2012, 03:37
I've inspected that rifle myself and I think you'll be pleased. The stock conversion is already done of course so I think you got a good deal and the owner of the shop is a straight shooter.

Dirt1042
April 28, 2012, 11:37
I've inspected that rifle myself and I think you'll be pleased. The stock conversion is already done of course so I think you got a good deal and the owner of the shop is a straight shooter.

Thanks Palmetto! He did seem pretty cool to deal with and the conversion being done already is what made me pull the trigger with the price. Butthole Daewoos are going for $750 to $800 on GB!

palmettomoon
April 29, 2012, 19:31
They are, in my humble opinion, the most undervalued gas piston 5.56mm's on the market. Even at $750. Great value for the money.

Dirt1042
May 05, 2012, 00:56
Just picked it up today, very cool rifle! I'll get some pics tomorrow.:)

moses
May 05, 2012, 17:01
Cool! I got it's cousin serial # 000762 probably made the next day!

Dirt1042
May 06, 2012, 19:33
Sweet! Here's a real pic of it. Now I need to do some more things. Got any recommendations? :biggrin:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj232/dirt1042/P5050139.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj232/dirt1042/P5050137.jpg

palmettomoon
May 06, 2012, 23:31
Just add mags and ammo.:)

henry37
May 26, 2012, 10:54
Hey sweet woo, was wondering how long is your stock is and was wondering the thickness of the butt pad. Thinking on ordering a stock. Yours looks awsome! Thanks, Henry.

SPEEDGUNNER
May 26, 2012, 12:00
Shoot it and enjoy!

Dirt1042
May 26, 2012, 15:13
Hey sweet woo, was wondering how long is your stock is and was wondering the thickness of the butt pad. Thinking on ordering a stock. Yours looks awsome! Thanks, Henry.

They are very nice stocks and easy to install. I do not like that I have to fold it on the left side though. The stock would interfere with the bolt handle if folded on the right like a para FAL.

It's the 9.5 inch stock with the .5 inch butt pad. I bought it that way. It's a little long, it fits ok if I raise my firing arm elbow up so I have a shoulder pocket.

I'm 5'10" if I were buying one I would get the 8.5 inch stock with the .5 inch pad. If you are over 6 feet, I would get the 9.5 stock and pick any butt pad. Do look through some of the other threads in the woo forum, I think the AR style folding mount with a Magpul CTR stock would take care of any length you might want. The ACE stock is pretty sweet though.

I just put on the Stormworkz 90 degree selector switch and low pro scope rail mount. I would definitely get the 90 selector for the woo. It is a great and easy improvement.

I also just got a Phantom flash hider and plan on cutting the barrel down to 16.1 inches. A lot of guys here have done that and I can imagine just from picking up this rifle, that it would have great handling and balance at that length.

henry37
May 27, 2012, 08:43
Hi, thanks for the reply, I thought about an adjustable stock but the ace skeleton look so good on that gun. I am 5'11" so I might order the 8.5" stock. The other mods on the gun you talked about only make it sweeter. I just like the gun because there's a million ar's out there these are a little more unique. Not that I don't like ar's, I haven't met a gun I did like. Thanks again, Henry.

henry37
May 27, 2012, 14:42
hey had one more question on your woo, sorry about bugging you. just want to make sure to order the right length stock. was wondering what is the measurement from the back of the reciever before the reciever block is installed to the end of the folding mechanism before the stock is installed. also was wondering if possible to get the measurement of the back of the reciever before the reciever block is installed to the end of the stock with butt pad installed (total length of stock assy.). an a2 stock on an ar-15 is a good length for me, the thumbhole stock on this woo is about the same currently. hoping to order the ace stock this tuesday. thanks again, Henry.

Dirt1042
May 27, 2012, 20:34
hey had one more question on your woo, sorry about bugging you. just want to make sure to order the right length stock. was wondering what is the measurement from the back of the reciever before the reciever block is installed to the end of the folding mechanism before the stock is installed. also was wondering if possible to get the measurement of the back of the reciever before the reciever block is installed to the end of the stock with butt pad installed (total length of stock assy.). an a2 stock on an ar-15 is a good length for me, the thumbhole stock on this woo is about the same currently. hoping to order the ace stock this tuesday. thanks again, Henry.

I'll go measure it for you. Wait one over....

Dirt1042
May 27, 2012, 21:05
Well now, my stock is the 8.5 one. 9 inches with the butt pad. The receiver to the end of stock folding adapter is 1.5 inches. So 10.5 inches total. From the trigger to end of buttstock is 14 3/8 inches.

I had the seller measure for me and he told me 10inches. I assumed that was just the stock and not the whole set up.

This length is ok for me. I could go even shorter as I am a nose to the charging handle shooter on an AR.

So I think for you the 8.5 stock with either butt pad. It should fit you pretty good.

henry37
May 27, 2012, 23:35
Thanks again, I really appreciate the measurements. I will order the 8.5 inch stock with the .5 inch butt pad. Have fun shooting the woo... Henry.

Dirt1042
March 22, 2013, 03:01
Well, I'm getting the barrel cut locally. Should only be another week or so and when I get it post a pic. It shot great before, hopefully I'm not buggering it up with this cut down.

dsertdog56
March 22, 2013, 07:36
Stock length...I asked this ? on another forum and was told to order the 7.5 length with a half inch pad.
That made sense because the rubber stock is around 10 inches long.

Dirt1042
March 26, 2013, 03:33
Barrel is done only took a couple weeks and I'll go pick it up thursday when I don't have to work. :biggrin:

Dirt1042
April 15, 2013, 11:12
I need a good pic in the sun but it's been more winter weather here in the spring than we had all winter.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj232/dirt1042/IMG_0103_zps7667b4c9.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/dirt1042/media/IMG_0103_zps7667b4c9.jpg.html)

Swapped out the selector, cut the barrel, added a phantom FH, swapped the ergo p grip with a SOB3 original style, stormworkz optics rail, and wrapped the stock with some para cord.

Just need to pick up another EoTech. I got a Vortex Strikefire the other day but it's going a different AR. I still want an Aimpoint, but I can get EoTech and Vortex at cost.