Is that a factory S&W stock?

Bug Tussell
April 02, 2012, 19:20
Sweet!

Yes it is.

garyd1961
April 02, 2012, 19:50
I never liked folding stocks and pistol grips on shotguns but that looks bad-a$$.

Bug Tussell
April 02, 2012, 20:04
I never liked folding stocks and pistol grips on shotguns but that looks bad-a$$.

This one locks up tight and the pistol grip is just plain natural. Good design.

JohnnyMac
April 02, 2012, 20:44
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
Sweet!

Yes it is.

Are you positive? It looks like the pistol-grip doesn't match up with the contours of the back of the receiver. Whether it came from the factory, or not, that appears to be a Butler Creek folding stock that was WECSOG'd to fit the S&W 3000, and has an added "cheek piece" for lack of a better description. Is the S&W 3000 a re-branded shotgun produced by another manufacturer (like there bolt-action rifles made by Howa)?

JMc

P.S. Not doubting you, but I'm wondering about the history of the stock.

Bug Tussell
April 02, 2012, 21:52
Are you positive? It looks like the pistol-grip doesn't match up with the contours of the back of the receiver. Whether it came from the factory, or not, that appears to be a Butler Creek folding stock that was WECSOG'd to fit the S&W 3000, and has an added "cheek piece" for lack of a better description. Is the S&W 3000 a re-branded shotgun produced by another manufacturer (like there bolt-action rifles made by Howa)?

JMc

P.S. Not doubting you, but I'm wondering about the history of the stock.

S&W logo on the PG and buttstock. Pretty unusual factory config. Fella I bought from had 3 police folders.

I think these were made by Howa for S&W.

garyd1961
April 03, 2012, 18:53
I guess what I like about it is it doesn't have the "ninja" look. Most folders I have seen look like a pimps car from the 70s.

762x54R
April 20, 2012, 13:35
I have two of them. Can be hard to find the accessories for them but there's some place in Texas that has them. Over last 10 years I've found various things at gun shows and gun shops like folding stocks, mag extensions, pistol grips, ect.

I may have a spare folding stock assembly in my junk pile I'm going to sell off eventually.