PDA

View Full Version : A few Special .38s

Timber Wolf
March 31, 2012, 11:32
I guess I am in a little rut with my gun buying/swapping lately, the last three have been .38s. But nice .38s mind you. Up top is a sweet S&W 14 (dash 2 I think) with aftermarket stocks that I think are Siles but are only marked “Italy” inside. Next is a Colt Officer’s Model Match with some target stocks that fit somebody with a thin hand (not me). I have some soft Houges on an Official Police that will soon be swapped over. I have a mid-60s Python and I would just as soon shoot my mid-50s Official Police and this Officer’s Model as the Python to be honest. On the bottom is a newer version (80ish) Colt Detective Special. I bought it with cracked original grips but had these Pacs in the “misc. grips” cabinet ready to go. http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/chevyoneton/100_1485.jpg
I bought a bunch of 158 grain semi-wadcutters recently and swapped some of them for 148 grain HBWC so have plenty of bullets to stuff in these. Also happen to have 5000 Federal SP Match primers ready to light off some .38 Special Target loads. I just need to find time to load for these Special .38s!

Edit: I forgot to mention as some will wonder, as the Colt and S&W were direct competitors on the bullseye line back in the day, which shoots better? I have not had them long enough or shot them enough to know but I know this; one feels better shooting it single action and the other in double action. I just can not remember which is which right now!

tdb59
March 31, 2012, 13:32
Definitely Sile grips on the 14, and I would bet that the thin target grips on the OMM are Herrett's.

Nice wheelguns all around ! :love:

W.E.G.
March 31, 2012, 15:00
This one is kind of special.

A re-creation of my first .38 SPL.

If anybody runs across D279229, I'd be much obliged if you could let me know.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/SW%2010/DSCN3018.jpg

FUUN063
March 31, 2012, 19:44
Nice .38 Specials there. You will really enjoy shooting them with target loads. Just like a .22 LR. Fun, too, and nearlly as cheap to shoot nowadays. I have a few just like them, but no pics right now, sorry.

Leland
:fal:

STGThndr
April 02, 2012, 20:23
Nice little prancing pony there.. I don't see a lot of Colts around here.

762x54R
April 20, 2012, 13:29
I kind of gave up on most Colt revolvers due to lack of parts and competent gunsmiths that understand how to work on them.