PDA

View Full Version : A post from my Sis's FB page

Right Side Up
March 13, 2012, 03:04
This was made by one of her friends. She is having a tough time dealing with her inner *stuff* and doesn't blame it on her hubby. Wow...don't see that often. They usually blame everyone but themselves. Refreshing....very refreshing indeed.

I'd like to get the name of her counselor. I know a few women that need it. :cry:

The post:

well....im a bit difficult at times and im still training him lmao (not really) we have arguments like anyone but most of the time its either because of my depression or my insecurities. ive had to learn to live with the depression its not too bad any more . i stay away from stress and he is good to me and never yells at me and never treats me badly. i also go to a counselor on a regular basis. it really helps, just wish i didnt have to but because i have chronic depression its an ongoing need.

Nick H.
March 13, 2012, 08:27
Note that blaming yourself for things leads directly to depression. Blaming others can be a defense mechanism to avoid depression. Dealing with and correcting problems is the healthy way for the strong person, but a whole lot of our society is not strong enough or in a position to fix the problems they face.

RG Coburn
March 13, 2012, 20:25
Somebody write to the poor bastard and tell him...RUN!!!

moonbat60
March 13, 2012, 20:52
.........im still training him lmao ( not really ) ...... how come that she needs to train him ? I wonder......

Does he have poor manners so he needs to be trained ? Does she think that she is his trainer or instructor ?

Phrases like that make me wretch.

Depression is blame or shame turned inward. No need for that.

My wife dragged me to a counselor too, she is sold on that. I'm not.

Afterwards she just could not accept that the counselor saw me as a pretty normal human being. My wife suffered from depression, low self-esteem and a few other issues. I don't.

In a marriage........

a woman expects the man to change and he doesn't.

a man expects the woman not to change and she does.

It is all just messed up...........

:fal:

Pete

hkshooter
March 14, 2012, 09:45
Depression is blame or shame turned inward. No need for that.

My wife dragged me to a counselor too, she is sold on that. I'm not.

Afterwards she just could not accept that the counselor saw me as a pretty normal human being. My wife suffered from depression, low self-esteem and a few other issues. I don't.

In a marriage........

a woman expects the man to change and he doesn't.

a man expects the woman not to change and she does.

It is all just messed up...........

Pete

I agree. My own experience was nearly the same. When counseling pointed that out suddenly she "didn't give a shit what he, the counselor, says".
Males and females definately don't mesh in the way they think.

FAL freek
March 14, 2012, 11:56
This was made by one of her friends. She is having a tough time dealing with her inner *stuff* and doesn't blame it on her hubby. Wow...don't see that often. They usually blame everyone but themselves. Refreshing....very refreshing indeed.

Maybe she's from a third world country.

W.E.G.
March 14, 2012, 12:51
Thats what I like about this place.

Everybody has issues and are damn proud of them.

So not much "counseling" or hand holding needed.

moonbat60
March 14, 2012, 14:26
What a man needs is a woman with a 75% male / 25% female mind ( or brain ) , preferably without PMS and the other female issues.

A woman needs to be devoted, loving and caring for the man, and not trying to change his character.

Pete