PDA

View Full Version : Prices Please...

feefifoFAL
March 12, 2012, 17:17
I'm looking to expand my rifle collection and have come across two Daewoo's for sale. They are at a local shop and probably won't last, nothing does anymore!! Anyway, I am not familiar with this rifle at all and will definitely start doing my homework but was wondering if I should grab one of these now.
The first one is an AR100 and is in very nice condition. Asking price is $1,200.
The second is a K1AR110C and it too is in very nice condition. Asking price is $1,299.
I could probably work with the price a little, but not much. Both of these rifles are in like new condition. Honestly it looks like they have never been fired.
Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

palmettomoon
March 12, 2012, 18:03
I've never owned a K1, only K2's. You will not regret buying the K2 (also called an AR-100), it is light weight, dependable and chambered in a commonly available cartridge and takes dirt cheap AR15 mags. Both rifles you mentioned take AR mags. See if you can can work a "two fer" deal and get both for 2K or 2,100. I've been willing to pay 1,000 dollars for a good condition K2.

feefifoFAL
March 12, 2012, 18:27
hmmm, never thought of buying both! Wonder how I can get that one past the wife. Actually I'm going to use some of the funds for another FAL so I'll only be buying one of these. In your opinion which would be the better buy?

bykerhd
March 12, 2012, 18:53
The prices seem a bit high on both unless they are "As New In Box" with paperwork, accessories, etc.
But, I have not priced them lately either.
Gunbroker.com, the rifles people are actually bidding on, might give you a hint whether the prices are in the ballpark.

K1 is gas impingement like an M-16.
K2 is a blend of M-16 and AK using a gas piston.

Both are good rifles.

palmettomoon
March 12, 2012, 20:25
hmmm, never thought of buying both! Wonder how I can get that one past the wife. Actually I'm going to use some of the funds for another FAL so I'll only be buying one of these. In your opinion which would be the better buy?

I'd get the AR100, but that's just me. I don't favor the wire push in stock over the side folder. I also like the AR100's running cooler and cleaner than the K1 because of the gas piston. My K2 has a 1 in 12 twist, so I have to keep a supply of 55 grain ball in addition to the more modern, heavier bullets favored by 1 in 7 twist Colts.

I just saw it at a show in Charlotte (PMC - Korean incidentally) for $320 per thousand and I'm sure you could find some for less money if you look.

I'd go up to $1,000 for the AR100 if in mint condition with no box or other papers. The AR100 also came with a particular type of sling too. Does the one in question have a scope mount or the original cap screws in place on the top of the receiver?

preston1026
March 12, 2012, 20:26
As said above, offer 2K for both and see what happens

feefifoFAL
March 12, 2012, 23:01
[QUOTE=palmettomoon;3306678]I'd get the AR100, but that's just me. I don't favor the wire push in stock over the side folder.

I am in 100% agreement with you concerning the stock.
The rifles are tagged as being used but you would never know it. There is not 1 blemish on the AR100 and the K1 is about the same. Neither come with a box. The K2 has a sling on it but it looks like an M1 sling (it is in perfect condition too). As for the scope mount, I don't remember seeing anything. I'm going to stop in there tomorrow and make an offer. Thanks for all the help and advice.

wayne in boca
March 13, 2012, 06:40
AS I recall,I paid 1200 for my like new K2 (AR100) several years ago,and it was worth every cent.

M62/M76
March 13, 2012, 08:55
I paid $899.00 for my K2, a couple years ago.

palmettomoon
March 13, 2012, 15:12
I paid $825 for mine I think at a show in ATL. But I got STOOPID lucky on a Sunday morning when a good guy REALLY wanted something else.

I fairly skipped out of the show like a little kid (which would be a sight to behold as I'm 6'2" and weigh 290 lbs.) due to my good fortune. I don't expect that to happen again anytime soon.

I still think a grand would be a fair price for a like new no box rifle.

Northwoods
March 14, 2012, 17:26
Buy the folder. I have one that shoots groups into one hole at 75 yards with open sights.. The most accurate and dependable 223 I have ever owned. Does not shoot as well with the heavier stuff due to twist rate?
Bruce

feefifoFAL
March 14, 2012, 23:17
Alright...I'm heading to the dealer tomorrow with cash in hand. I'm going to try for both but I at least want to come home with the K2. I'll let you know how I made out!!!!!!

preston1026
March 15, 2012, 12:41
Good man, do what you can to try and get'em both.... cash in hand always is hold to turn away