View Full Version : Mossberg bullpup complete and I hate it.

March 09, 2012, 11:37
Well I finally finished the ugly gun. I still have a little tweaking to do but it works great. Problem is , I remember why I hate bullpups. Aside from being left handed It just doesnt feel right. Well here is the ugly gun. I left off the lebel bayonet mount and rails.I also left the electrical tape on the hand guard becasue I didnt want to ruin a perfectly good pair of stg handguards by drilling holes in them.
Off to a new project!!!!!

March 09, 2012, 16:04
Thanx for posting pix, dix :D
While I could imagine it, much better to actually see it! ;)

Mebbe see if it will fit an Ithica, as they shuck 'em out the bottom?? Better for lefties thataways.

Conversely.. think outside the box... see if ya could turn the action upside down. Mag tube on top, bbl under. Top feed , left eject. Higher comb/butt-plate and much lower center of recoil. Ya'd hafta re-engineer the trigger transfer and grip; but that's no biggie ;) Then the StG guards would be in the right place ! LOL

March 09, 2012, 18:17
Thats actually an h&r copy of an 870. Got it new out the door for about $200. I'm actually very impressed with the shot gun. I decieded I like it better as a regular shotgun that a bullpup. Maybe a beater mossburg will fall in my lap one day and I'll put it back together.
For such a simple trigger it has the best transfer bar trigger I have ever seen on a bull pup shotgun.
I'm goingto shelve the project for now as I just found another thing to beat together but if anyone ever needs close ups for their own project just let me know.

March 10, 2012, 01:35
its not often i am left speechless

charles isaac
March 13, 2012, 16:51
That really is fugly!