PDA

View Full Version : StarPD sitrep?

martin35
March 08, 2012, 00:53
Sometimes I miss a posting how's George doing?

skeeterbay
March 08, 2012, 08:43
I was just wondering that myself. He's still in our thoughts and prayers.

gunplumber
March 08, 2012, 09:18
The surgery went well, but then he had a "small" heart attack. Neither Bob (Cav) nor I have heard anything new from Patsy since then. I've dreaded calling.

martin35
March 08, 2012, 10:15
Be well George.

gunner30
March 09, 2012, 08:06
thanks for the updates guys. Never met him, but he seems like a standup guy.

gunplumber
March 11, 2012, 15:32
Mark,

Forgive me for not getting to you sooner, but it's really been rough. George had the surgery on the pancreas, as I told you when I called. Since then he has had a small heart attack, the day after the surgery, a "blip" on his monitor that scared everyone but thank God was NOT another attack, Then he pulled out his catheter while it was still inflated completely! He didn't feel anything and there was no bleeding at the time so they left it out. However, a few days later he peed blood and we couldn't get it stopped right away. They flushed his bladder, and again thank God, there wasn't any blood in his urine. They put in a new catheter, which may or may not come out Monday when he sees his urologist.

He is at Life Care Center of Paradise Valley, but isn't seeing any visitors at all yet. He has been in and out of lucidity since the operation, but is much more alert and coherent now, although he still has some moments of disorientation or, more commonly, groping for words to express himself. We're hoping all this clears up as time goes by and as the anesthetic leaves his system. today was the first day he remembered to ask about our dog!

He isn't feeling very well; stomach upset, burping and coughing are all to be expected for a few weeks we're told. He can walk with a walker and assistance, but only for a short distance and time. Still, I can see a change for the better in the last day or two.

Please feel free to forward this to any and all. I don't recognize names and signatures too well.

Take care, and give our love to Kelly also.
Pats.

NEWFNL1A1
March 11, 2012, 15:49
More prayers sent for him and his family!

skeeterbay
March 11, 2012, 16:37
Our prayers are with him and his family!

gunner30
March 11, 2012, 17:45
Thank you Mark.

Jaxxas
March 11, 2012, 18:18
Our prayers are with him and his family!

+1

brunop
March 11, 2012, 21:07
Continued prayers for George and family from our household.

Cava3r4
March 11, 2012, 22:01
I just talked to Patsy (Sunday 3/11/2012 at 7.58 PM) and it is as above in the number 6 post by Gunplumber.
He is a bit more lucid then before and has asked his wife about how Mark and myself are doing. (a good sign... he must be thinking of hitting the range).
He is still NOT out of the woods yet and will still be in the re-hab place for a while yet.
He is walking, but with a walker. they REMOVED his pancreas totally. you can live as they now have enzymes and insulin. The enzymes are taken orally. (I didn't know this...it's new technology).
Bob

martin35
March 12, 2012, 02:17
George has one very good thing going for him,,, the courage to persevere.