PDA

View Full Version : I can't understand a word my kid says

W.E.G.
February 26, 2012, 15:16
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/trivia/nduelposterslide.jpg

martin35
February 26, 2012, 15:36
The Pythagorean Theorem is used for calculating the hypotenuse length of a right triangle. A right triangle with sides 6 and 8 will have a hypotenuse length of 10 because:
Hypotenuse = Square Root Of ( 6 + 8)
Hypotenuse = Square Root Of ( 36 + 64)
Hypotenuse = Square Root Of ( 100)
Hypotenuse = 10
Hope this helps,,,,, never got the hang of it myself.

Bwana John
February 27, 2012, 09:50
Here is the main idea, but El Kido will need to come up with a function that describes unloading one of the pistols though. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pmdAsL1n6q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bwana John
February 27, 2012, 10:15
I do not see any function that takes into account as the n-gon gets more sides the chance of missing the intended target but hitting another dueler increases.

Have you told him about the "Lies, damn lies, and statistics" thing yet?

KoKodog
February 27, 2012, 10:29
Have you told him about the "Lies, damn lies, and statistics" thing yet?

what about the three biggest lies in the world ?? (the David Allen Coe song)

that gives a whole new twist on education, from a real world point of view :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Abominog
February 27, 2012, 10:53
You should be rather proud of junior. And you know your money is being put to good use!

gunplumber
February 27, 2012, 10:55
the idea of the dueler dropping immediately after being hit and being unable to fire - it certainly makes the equation more simple. There is some chance of a hit dueler firing, although one must also factor a decreased probability. Only a good brain shot will drop immediately. so the chance of a hit preventing a return shot is proportional to the size of the target. The shooter can choose a large center mass shot, but risk a return shot even if faster than opponent. Or choose a smaller head shot that may be slower, but prevent a return shot.

FUUN063
February 27, 2012, 11:25
Actually, one must also take into acount the spinal shot, which will drop him/her immediately and the accuracy this shot must have. I have seen the spinal shot actually take place. It drops the target quickly and renders the target "out of the fight", so to speak.

3-4-5

Leland:biggrin:

FALonious
February 27, 2012, 12:15
Shouldn't we be more worried that WEG HAS kids? Really. :wink:

FUUN063
February 27, 2012, 16:06
:uhoh:

Infraction time!!:biggrin::biggrin::devil:

Leland
:fal:

Cava3r4
February 27, 2012, 16:43
just hit em with a "50 BMG" and if its in the head or torso, it won't matter :D

justashooter
February 27, 2012, 17:10
yeah, brad pit and some of those other hollyweird types made a movie about this a few years ago that was set in britain and involved a high society gambling ring. stupid flick, as i recall. each "champion" had a revolver with only one bullet and there was people spinning cylinders and this stupid light thing...crap.

martin35
February 27, 2012, 17:17
The gunny in post #3 has already lost part of his love making ability by trying to load brass cartridges into a cap and ball pistol.

SWOHFAL
February 27, 2012, 19:34
The gunny in post #3 has already lost part of his love making ability by trying to load brass cartridges into a cap and ball pistol.

Coulda been a cartridge conversion, but those were after the war between the states AFAIK - Italian dramatic license.

Mark IV
February 27, 2012, 22:18
The Pythagorean Theorem is used for calculating the hypotenuse length of a right triangle. A right triangle with sides 6 and 8 will have a hypotenuse length of 10 because:
Hypotenuse = Square Root Of ( 6 + 8)
Hypotenuse = Square Root Of ( 36 + 64)
Hypotenuse = Square Root Of ( 100)
Hypotenuse = 10
Hope this helps,,,,, never got the hang of it myself.

Arthur says "42"

gunplumber
February 27, 2012, 22:42
Arthur says "42"

Arthur is seeking the meaning of life, which is covered in chapter 27.

In this case, it is one of the few things I've found useful as an adult. I was building a block wall and wanted to make my base angle 90 degrees. A carpenter's square wasn't long enough. So I counted out 3 meters one way and 4 meters the other and moved my 5 meter line until it was 5 meters from the end of the 3 meter to the unmoving 4 meter line. Perfect right triangle. works on 3/4/5, 6/8/10, etc

Story
February 27, 2012, 22:47
Here is the main idea, but El Kido will need to come up with a function that describes unloading one of the pistols though. ;)

That's easy : use the Rule Of Two Kinds Of People In This World....