PDA

View Full Version : CZ 550 American Stock

perdurabo
February 23, 2012, 19:27
CZ Gurus: I have a CZ 550 American rifle in .308 Win. I love the walnut stock it comes with but one of the kevlar stocks would be much more practical in the field. For some reason, the 550 American in .308 is not offered with a kevlar stock from the factory. Where can I get a replacement CZ kevlar stock for my 550 American?

When I asked on the CZ Facebook page, they pointed me to this, but this appears to be the kevlar stock for the varmint rifle, not for the American, plus they want $300(!) for it:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19927/Kevlar-Stock-For-550-Varmint.aspx

There price difference between the 550 American in 30-06 in walnut is only $150 less than the kevlar version, so I can't imagine why they'd sell just the stock for $300.

MAINER
February 24, 2012, 09:14
Near as I can tell, that kelvar stock will cost you $300 if you can get one away from CZ. I'd e-mail their Custom Shop or Cust. Service for ordering info. The only kelvars I see are the "varmit" varity.

McMillan makes a hunting style stock for CZ 550's also. Can't get any info right now, looks like I must've broken the Internet again or maybe the gubberments is practicing for the shutdown. Three different Search sites can't connect? hmmm!

Question; what floorplate does your rifle have? My 550 FS is plastic, not really happy about that.

MAINER
February 24, 2012, 09:39
Update; After a bit of clicking an poking about the CZ site, think this is what you are looking for;
http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19917/Stock-550-American-Kevlar-Fixed-Mag.aspx

It's "out of stock" now, but for $425.00, it can stay that way as far as I am concerned.

For less than $250, you can get a replacement wood stock for your 550.

ftierson
February 24, 2012, 15:44
Question; what floorplate does your rifle have? My 550 FS is plastic, not really happy about that.

I have two CZ550 American rifles in two great American cartridges (the 6.5x55mm and the 7x57mm Mauser :) ). Both of these rifles have the hinged floorplates (not the mags) and the bottom metal is all steel in these.

I'm assuming from your comment that the rifles with the detachable mags have plastic bottoms? Bummer...

Forrest

MAINER
February 24, 2012, 16:43
Nope, it's a fixed mag with removable floorplate ala 98 Mauser, Win M 70.
Mine is in 6.5x55 Mauser called the FS with full length stock on a 20" barrel.

Everything on this rifle is beautilully made except for the the floorplate that's just PLASTIC! :redface:
I'll have to check the Trigger Guard with a magnet, but it looks like alloy.

And on a $900.00 rifle no less. :tongue:

I bought it in 2010 and I don't think it's much older than that.