PDA

View Full Version : My reputation has been ruined!

garyd1961
February 18, 2012, 19:49
(It really wasn't worth a d***n anyway,lol.) I went and done it I bought a Glock. It's a gen3 22 police trade-in. I thought I read that some of these had a barrel that was cut wrong and caused case failures. This one appears to have the original barrel, is it ok?

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff398/garya1961/glock-2.jpg

jugrunner
February 18, 2012, 20:40
... :cry: ... NO ... it's not Ok ... :cry: ... we've lost another one guys ...

what is that thing on the trigger ... :confused: ...

is it something to keep it from "going off" while it's laying on that towel ... ? ... :wink:

ETA: What kind of grips are you going to put on it Gary ... ???

garyd1961
February 18, 2012, 21:06
Well I haven't shot it yet. Maybe my rep can be saved lol. I would go and buy the model that seems to have a history of ka-booms. Do I need to buy an after market barrel for this gun?

Shootability
February 18, 2012, 21:09
Looks Gen 3 and the Gen 3s have a great reputation. I have been happy with the results of shooting lead in mine. After hating 40 for a long time now I am finally won over.

Shootability
February 18, 2012, 21:14
Get Talon grips - feel great and are very durable.

garyd1961
February 18, 2012, 21:33
How did I do for $375 ? It has the night sights that still glow but not really bright. No case just one mag but it looks like it has hardly ever been shot. Oh yeah it's stamped SUMPTER POLICE DEPARTMENT on the slide. I got a free box of ammo with it also.

MK ULTRA
February 19, 2012, 07:52
GREAT pistol Gary, it will serve you well.

Who has those??

Don't listen to the others they are just jealous.

VALMET
February 19, 2012, 11:23
I own a variety of different handguns and while Glocks may not have the same feel/look of a Colt 1911 or a Beretta they are my favorite pistols. They run 100% and in all of the rounds I've put thru them (10k+ over the past few years) I've had 2 stoppages. Personally I think the Gen 3s are the best as Gen 4s have reported some minor problems with recoil springs (mainly the 19s). At 375 I'd say you did fine, enjoy it.

JohnnyMac
February 19, 2012, 13:08
How did I do for $375 ? It has the night sights that still glow but not really bright. No case just one mag but it looks like it has hardly ever been shot. Oh yeah it's stamped SUMPTER POLICE DEPARTMENT on the slide. I got a free box of ammo with it also.

That's a pretty good price retail, since Aim Surplus has them for $369 (albeit w/ 2 mags). All the police trade-ins I have seen appeared to have been carried much, and shot very little.

For ammo versatility, look at the Lone Wolf Distributing conversion barrels to allow you to shoot 9mm. They occasionally need some tweeking to work 100%, but they do give you another option for ammo. LWD also makes replacement barrels that allow you to shoot cast lead bullets (considered a no-no in OEM barrels).

JMc

garyd1961
February 19, 2012, 14:39
Jason I did check the bullet in the chamber and it was a little loose. From what I've read as long as you don't reload the shot brass it would be ok. I don't care for lights or lasers so I'm not worried about that.

Who has those??

Sovereign guns in Fuquay Varina NC has them. I don't know if they have anymore gen3s but they have some gen2s with a little more holster wear. They may have some more gen3s as they are a large gunshop with a lot of surplus items but this was the only gen3 in the case.
They have Mosin M91/30s for $89.95 I picked up this one but the bores were from excellent like this one to swallow the bullet bad.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff398/garya1961/m91.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff398/garya1961/m91303-1.jpg

Story
February 20, 2012, 12:23
I thought this was going to be another thread about getting dates off of Craigslist. :biggrin:

W.E.G.
February 20, 2012, 12:30
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/glockkaboom1.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/glockkaboom2.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/WECSOG/wileecoyotekaboom.jpg

February 20, 2012, 17:19
surplus cop 22's going for $450 here, i want one, my 27 is lonely

spider991
February 24, 2012, 10:42
It's a fine gun..don't listen to the retards about guns blowing up, it's not true. Usually crap from glock haters. We( my dept) have been issuing glocks since The early 90s and have put literally thousands of rounds thru them. They are user friendly, reasonably priced, extremely reliable, well made handguns. And we got thousands of state/local and federal L/E as well as civilians that trust glocks to get them home every night safely and or protect their families every day. They are used so much by so many for a reason. Get your gun, shoot the crap out of it and have fun.

jugrunner
February 24, 2012, 19:41
It's a fine gun..don't listen to the retards about guns blowing up, it's not true. Usually crap from glock haters.

damn spider ... I can't believe you're calling W.E.G. a retard ... :eek:

actually, I think he really likes Glocks ...

I'm the "resident" Glock hater ... :wink:

BUT: Read this as you enter; ...

The Glock Files ...

Combat Tupper Ware - Love it or Hate it.

you need to learn how to "defend" the handgun of your choice without becoming "defensive" ... :beer:

fal fiend
February 24, 2012, 23:29
i wish i had another model 22 & model 27 , & a model 17,lol

LaConservationist
February 25, 2012, 08:59
I almost hate admitting this as well, BUT I do own 2 of the "G" one is a RTF Fish Gill 19 and the other is a RTF Fish Gill 22, both with Glockworx triggers and I guess disconnectors? Extended mag releases (slightly buffed down) and extended slide releases. 19 has Red Fiber front sight and the 22 has Dawson fiber adjustable sights.
I have one in each of my pickups and shoot them pretty often, actually BOTH are pretty damn nice pieces......BUT they are NOT my SIG P229 carry pieces ;)

Just my .02 is all!

I have been looking at the "New" G21FS seems to be another decent pistole` in the .45 I just wish it too had the Fish Gill slides!

LaC

garyd1961
February 25, 2012, 15:09
I wasn't intending on using this Glock for a carry gun but now I think I would like to. I usually carry one of my KelTecs and never carried a gun this size, what would be a good holster to use? I prefer to carry at the 4 o'clock position.

LaConservationist
February 25, 2012, 18:04
I wasn't intending on using this Glock for a carry gun but now I think I would like to. I usually carry one of my KelTecs and never carried a gun this size, what would be a good holster to use? I prefer to carry at the 4 o'clock position.

Gary, I carry at 4 as well, I use this and like these A LOT!

http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/foto.php?src=imgproductos/opentopbrownbigch.jpg&x=400&y=564&r=0&c=1

Here is their website, your local firearm shops may have these......http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/open-top-leather-belt-holster-p21

spider991
February 25, 2012, 18:09
Jug,

I would never call W.E.G a tard on here, his post was funny. he brings a ton of knowledge and sense to this sometimes crazy board, after seeing his posts over the time I have bee here , i have nothing but respect for him. My issue was in the guys spouting rumors and lies about a pistol in which I imagine they have little experience with. The OP bought a glock and I imagine wanted serious advice not BS from those who do not like his choice. This is the glock forum after all, not the bag on my latest purchase forum. I didn't mean to Sound defensive as I am used to glock bashers. Just expressing some of my own opinions and experiance with this gun as I carry a glock 21sf and a 30 everyday. :)

jugrunner
February 25, 2012, 18:13
Jug,

I would never call W.E.G a tard on here, his post was funny. he brings a ton of knowledge and sense to this sometimes crazy board, after seeing his posts over the time I have bee here , i have nothing but respect for him. My issue was in the guys spouting rumors and lies about a pistol in which I imagine they have little experience with. The OP bought a glock and I imagine wanted serious advice not BS from those who do not like his choice. This is the glock forum after all, not the bag on my latest purchase forum. I didn't mean to Sound defensive as I am used to glock bashers. Just expressing some of my own opinions and experiance with this gun as I carry a glock 21sf and a 30 everyday. :)

I'm just fuggin' wit ya ... :biggrin:

jugrunner
February 25, 2012, 18:17
Hold on about Holsters guys ... !!!

I've met a dude that's GOOD ... I mean GOOD with leather ...

Very reasonable prices and will do "Custom" whatever you want for any pistol ...

I'm begging him to join here and peddle his "wares" ...

I'll post a review in the proper section tonight ... He's just finished my holster and mag pouch ... needs a whole hide to do my belt ... and NO ... I'm not that damn big ... !!! ... :wink:

Hold On ... !!!

preview:

http://i41.tinypic.com/fbdm5c.jpg

LaConservationist
February 25, 2012, 18:37
Hold on about Holsters guys ... !!!

I've met a dude that's GOOD ... I mean GOOD with leather ...

Very reasonable prices and will do "Custom" whatever you want for any pistol ...

I'm begging him to join here and peddle his "wares" ...

I'll post a review in the proper section tonight ... He's just finished my holster and mag pouch ... needs a whole hide to do my belt ... and NO ... I'm not that damn big ... !!! ... :wink:

Hold On ... !!!

preview:

http://i41.tinypic.com/fbdm5c.jpg

Hey I like!!!! Get some more info!
I would like info on one just like yours to fit a Sig P229 and maybe one for my Sig 1911 Nitron.....let me know what he can do!

jugrunner
February 25, 2012, 18:52
just posted his contact info in the review section Chris ...

perryturner
February 25, 2012, 20:27
Is that a stress crack in the frame about the middle of the grip safety?

:rofl:

jugrunner
February 25, 2012, 20:41
Is that a stress crack in the frame about the middle of the grip safety?

:rofl:

No ... it's a Aluminum Mold he uses to "wet mold" the holsters ... WoW ... :eek: ... not a real pistol ...

This a stress crack: on a Glock BTW ...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cdepm9.jpg

... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ...

perryturner
February 25, 2012, 20:59
I've seen that photo before. It's actually from Glock's testing to see just how much pressure the chamber can take. IIRC, it was about 500,000 PSIG. They replaced the barrel and slide stop. The pistol is now at two million rounds and counting.

:biggrin:

kev
February 25, 2012, 21:17
That probably stung!

Uh,...........not with the blown frame.

jugrunner
February 25, 2012, 21:56
I've seen that photo before. It's actually from Glock's testing to see just how much pressure the chamber can take. IIRC, it was about 500,000 PSIG. They replaced the barrel and slide stop. The pistol is now at two million rounds and counting.

:biggrin:

Really ... what about the busted frame ... Glock testing my ass ... !!!

perryturner
February 25, 2012, 22:01
That probably stung!

Uh,...........not with the blown frame.Just having a little fun with jug. He loves to badmouth plastic. Probably has an old G17 he takes out and fondles after making sure all the shades are drawn.:biggrin: