PDA

View Full Version : Target Barrel

IslandTimes
February 16, 2012, 23:38
Just want to know what yalls thoughts are about putting a bull/target/precision barrel on a DR200 upper? I was thinking a good 20" chrome lined 1:7 twist heavy contor barrel could work great for some semi-long range fun with maybe a chance to try out some F-class shooting. Anyone know how much I should expect to pay to get something like that done? Is there anyone offering this service right now? And has anyone already tried this, is it worth it?

I don't know if this would change anything, but I would also want to have the barrel threaded for a hopeful suppressor down the road.

Thanks for the help!

s0b3
February 17, 2012, 02:40
Just want to know what yalls thoughts are about putting a bull/target/precision barrel on a DR200 upper? I was thinking a good 20" chrome lined 1:7 twist heavy contor barrel could work great for some semi-long range fun with maybe a chance to try out some F-class shooting. Anyone know how much I should expect to pay to get something like that done? Is there anyone offering this service right now? And has anyone already tried this, is it worth it?

I don't know if this would change anything, but I would also want to have the barrel threaded for a hopeful suppressor down the road.

Thanks for the help!

moses here has some experience converting ar15 barrels for the daewoo. you want to get one that's stripped w/o the gas port hole drilled if possible. the only challenge i see with a different contour barrel is the front sight block. the barrel would need to be turned down to reuse it.

the factory config isn't really well suited for a long range bench shooter but with a stormwerkz rail and free float railed handguard, you can have a stable scope mount and a railed handguard to mount a bipod on. also being free floated will increase accuracy.

IslandTimes
February 19, 2012, 20:20
Thanks for the info! I'll PM moses if he doesn't post here in the next couple days. And I've already picked up a stormwerkz handguard, so now I just need to find a good bipod.