PDA

View Full Version : Sig 245

smee78
February 16, 2012, 20:33
So I was just stopping by to pay a little on my Ruger 77/22mag that I have on lay-a-way when my "friend" behind the counter says "hey did you see the little sig was got in the used rack".....I go back there and find a Sig 245 You know how this goes, on lay-a-way it went. Now who has some info on the 245, I know it was not popular and was dropped from the line up and Sig replaced it with the 220 compact, other than that it's a shortened grip and barrel/slide 220. I like how it feels and it can use the same mags as my 220 if I want more rounds. I cant wait to shoot it. Anybody else have any other info? No pics until it comes out of lay-a-way.

abbynormal
February 19, 2012, 21:55
My P245 was the most accurate stock .45 I've ever shot. I could shoot tighter groups with it than a then new Series 70 Colt or my buddy's Kimber. I could even out shoot a lot of the tuned match .45's Ive shot.

My only gripe was that the mag only held 6 rounds + 1 in the pipe. After I got rid of it, mags with higher capacity with a finger extensions came out. I've regretted ever selling it.

nd502
February 28, 2012, 23:32
This pistol is a chopped down 220. Most of them were all German and they are a sweet shooting pistols out of the box.... If capacity is an issue....practice more and carry a spare 220 mag. Congrats on the classic Sig!

smee78
March 08, 2012, 20:05
Thanks guys, I cant wait to get it out of "jail"