PDA

View Full Version : Kel-Tek KSG

riffraff2
January 30, 2012, 15:39
Anyone got one yet? Please tell us about it.

Michael64
January 30, 2012, 23:58
Have a really nice..... picture of one.

Havent heard or seen one that was actually for sale.

DYNOMIKE
January 31, 2012, 08:13
Don't have time to search for it right now but I posted PICS and a pretty detailed thread on several KelTec products last year sometime.

The KSG while interesting has what IMO are significant flaws.

Loading/Re-loading is VERY slow..
One must "select" the tube he wishes to load as well as the tube he wishes to shoot from. I see this as a prob.

It is VERY tough to clear the gun if one "short strokes" it, I saw with my own eyes the Boys from KelTec struggling with a jambed gun several times.. Actually having to "leave" a STAGE with a LOADED gun so it could be disassembled and cleared..

Also it is not practical to "top-off" a tube, nor is it to load a single round into the chamber.
The above makes this a less then ideal fighting gun unless your plans include running the gun empty and throwing it on the ground..

I understand these have been "released" but if it's like most everything else from KelTec that has very little meaning. These as well as the RFB, & PMR are allocated items and as such hit the market at a snails pace.. As an example we have had exactly ONE RFB, and 5 PBR's since we opened in Nov..

I would rather have a SAIGA 12, BENELLI M4, or maybe even an 870 then this BullPoop lookin thing... :rofl:

phillyray
January 31, 2012, 09:10
Local shop has one. This shop is known for it's HIGH prices. But they do rent NFA items for the range.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271428330

riffraff2
January 31, 2012, 17:33
Don't have time to search for it right now but I posted PICS and a pretty detailed thread on several KelTec products last year sometime.

The KSG while interesting has what IMO are significant flaws.

Loading/Re-loading is VERY slow..
One must "select" the tube he wishes to load as well as the tube he wishes to shoot from. I see this as a prob.

It is VERY tough to clear the gun if one "short strokes" it, I saw with my own eyes the Boys from KelTec struggling with a jambed gun several times.. Actually having to "leave" a STAGE with a LOADED gun so it could be disassembled and cleared..

Also it is not practical to "top-off" a tube, nor is it to load a single round into the chamber.
The above makes this a less then ideal fighting gun unless your plans include running the gun empty and throwing it on the ground..

I understand these have been "released" but if it's like most everything else from KelTec that has very little meaning. These as well as the RFB, & PMR are allocated items and as such hit the market at a snails pace.. As an example we have had exactly ONE RFB, and 5 PBR's since we opened in Nov..

I would rather have a SAIGA 12, BENELLI M4, or maybe even an 870 then this BullPoop lookin thing... :rofl:

I got an M4, I got a RFB. I just really like the extreme handiness of bullpups.

jerry
January 31, 2012, 19:51
handled one and talked to the rep at the shot show.

The rep mentioned they did some mods to "eliminate"
short stroking. Who knows

I did like the feel of the action, very smooth almost felt like it had a spring assist both open and closed.
I don't really like pump shotties but I would consider the KSG

Jerry

February 02, 2012, 18:14
there are some reviews on youtube, which is why i got the saiga 12

DYNOMIKE
February 06, 2012, 10:54
For anyone interested, while looking for something else I found these PICS:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/P6170002.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/P6170001.jpg