PDA

View Full Version : How do you get on the Sig forums? Sheesh

dominus
January 29, 2012, 16:36
I'm buying a Sig 556, so I'm doing my customary ton of research on the rifle. I find both the Sig forum and the Sig 556 forum and register to be a member. The Sig Forum sends me the email confirmation link, but when I try to sign in it says I have to be "approved" still. The Sig 556 forum hasn't even sent an email confirmation link and it's been about a week and a half. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with those forums? Do they have so many members that they don't want any new ones? Are their ad mins that bad? This may not be the place to gripe about those forums, but since they are currently unavailable to me, I have to gripe somewhere. Thanks for listening, now carry on.

neilemore
January 29, 2012, 20:44
I once tried to register using a Hotmail account for my email address. Hotmail and some other free accounts are not acceptable to the good people at the Sig forum for some reason.

dominus
January 29, 2012, 20:54
I used my ATT&T email. I just don't get it, I've never had a forum do me like that before.

GM4spd
January 30, 2012, 08:34
I used my ATT&T email. I just don't get it, I've never had a forum do me like that before.

I don't understand the problem but I recall it took me a couple of weeks
or longer and I have a verizon account. If you have a specific question
the few people posting on here appear to have a pretty good working
knowledge about the 556/551 series. HTH Pete

Wolf1952
February 27, 2012, 01:23
I just filled out their info page. They said they sent an email, havenít received that yet. Letís see how long the Email takes to get to me.

scubadad
February 27, 2012, 19:07
i tried several times before i got on.

big44man
March 18, 2012, 14:42
Jeeez, I thought I had a long wait, but only been waiting five days to be "approved". They don't like my gmail address, either.
Missed out on a good deal to buy some Mecgar mags for my 226 in .40 cal.
Will give them another week or so, then to he11 with them.

big44man
March 27, 2012, 14:01
Finally got "approved" to be a member of the SIG files, only took a little over two weeks. I feel like I have been accepted into membership of an exclusive country club. :tongue:

Insider
March 29, 2012, 10:54
Finally got "approved" to be a member of the SIG files, only took a little over two weeks. I feel like I have been accepted into membership of an exclusive country club. :tongue:

You have been accepted to the SIG country club. Good thing you didn't try getting on the HK forums.