PDA

View Full Version : Would You Trust Your Woo With Your Life?

PARA FN FAL
January 25, 2012, 19:32
What experience have you guys had with parts breaking or wearing out on your Daewoos? Would you trust your Woo in a prolonged SHTF enviorment more or less than an M4 or M16a2.? Are there any weaknesses to the Daewoo side folder or DR200?

boomerdog1
January 25, 2012, 19:56
Would I trust my life to my 'woo? Absolutely. More importantly, I'de trust my off-springs life with it. Matter of fact, I do.

hagar
January 25, 2012, 19:59
As much as any other EBR. My K1A1 is the ONLY rifle I have that will consistently run Wolf steel cased ammo without the occasional jam/case stuck in chamber. Not that I will ever trust my life on wolf ammo that is..

IslandTimes
January 25, 2012, 20:01
What he said! Mine's been absolutely rock solid and is about perfect. I mean, it's like all the best parts of an AR, an AK, and an FAL all in one package!

moses
January 26, 2012, 02:09
Yes I would!

Daragoya
January 26, 2012, 16:23
Hmmm, lemme think, a firearm built by the same manufacturer that supplies that same firearm* to the S. Korean military?

Absolutely.
*minus a bit more machining and a happy switch.

gatsby
January 27, 2012, 00:29
Without a doubt, yes.

NCCavediver
January 27, 2012, 00:41
Absolutely best option for .223

Parts likely to break? Not likely in a Daewoo. Don't have the ability to field strip and clean? Don't worry, you have a Daewoo.

palmettomoon
January 29, 2012, 05:32
Woo go bang every time.

It's my favorite small carbine. I'd even pick it up over any other carbine.

chefbeef
January 29, 2012, 09:42
My first Woo DR200 serial number 513 loved all 55 grn ammo, she did not need as detailed of a cleaning and went bang every time. Compared to my Colt Blue label or my Armalite/eagle arms pre 94 that would be an ammo snob. I put 4-5000 rnd threw her and not one hick up accurate as hell with a cheep Tasco scope on top. I wish I did not sell her off, thou I have replaced her with another DR200, and yes I would not be afraid to use it to defend my life.

Peace,
Craig

mack7.62
January 30, 2012, 08:35
No. In an prolonged SHTF enviorment spare parts availability would be an issue.

jerry704
January 30, 2012, 14:29
No. In an prolonged SHTF enviorment spare parts availability would be an issue.

I would depend on my woo as much as any of my other rifles..... As to what mack7.62 said. I think that if you were in a shtf environment then you would have lots of ar15's laying around to pick up from defending your "position" or you would be out of commision long before the woo would break down!!! Im not saying you specificaly just a generalization. As in we or us. The parts being scarce dosent prevent me from shooting it now so i dont think i would worry too much about it then either. Just my .02.

kev
January 30, 2012, 14:54
Without a source of spare parts for either, I'd take the Woo over just about anything else,..................but I wouldn't take it with no spares compared to something else 'with' spares. That's where the problem in choosing lies.

But it'll probably never break.

M62/M76
January 30, 2012, 16:37
My K2 is Rock Solid!

jerry704
January 30, 2012, 20:01
shoot all of the collected firearms the zombies will be carrying, if you are worried about spare parts. by the time you break the woo you should have a nice pile of zombie corpsus for a wall and enough black rifles to shoot one every day of the month!!!! :rofl:

Blain
February 09, 2012, 13:26
The furniture is a bit fragile and can be prone to cracking / breaking.