PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 light rail

StoneyCreekMrMauser
January 24, 2012, 13:27
I know Glock made a proprietary rail for some of its pistols a few years back but then switched to a M1913-type rail later on. I've got a new to me G22C Gen 3 but don't have anything to throw on it for illumination. Will I need a Glock rail device or a M1913 rail?

BTW, kinda like something similar to Surefire's pistol offering, the X200 or somesuch.

TIA

Weaseldbw
January 31, 2012, 17:02
I know Glock made a proprietary rail for some of its pistols a few years back but then switched to a M1913-type rail later on. I've got a new to me G22C Gen 3 but don't have anything to throw on it for illumination. Will I need a Glock rail device or a M1913 rail?

BTW, kinda like something similar to Surefire's pistol offering, the X200 or somesuch.

TIA

I don't mean to sound stupid, although sometimes its hard for me not to sound stupid. :biggrin:
But you are talking about putting a light on the rail in the front, under the slide?

Tat2
January 31, 2012, 23:07
Be careful putting a light on a Gen3 22. Glock had issues with lights on these
guns and that was the supposed reason to change the recoil spring for the
Gen4 guns. Only seems to be an issue in 40S&W guns AFAIK.

T

StoneyCreekMrMauser
February 01, 2012, 00:28
I don't mean to sound stupid, although sometimes its hard for me not to sound stupid. :biggrin:
But you are talking about putting a light on the rail in the front, under the slide?

Yep.

emcroy
February 01, 2012, 00:49
The Surefire lights come with parts to adapt to either the glock rail or picatinny (1913 or whatever).

The G22C 3rd gen. has the Glock rail, not the mil. picatinny rail!

StoneyCreekMrMauser
February 10, 2012, 16:19
The Surefire lights come with parts to adapt to either the glock rail or picatinny (1913 or whatever).

The G22C 3rd gen. has the Glock rail, not the mil. picatinny rail!

Ah, thank you! Fingered that was the case.