PDA

View Full Version : Can't Feel the Love Anymore...

Bug Tussell
January 15, 2012, 11:06
I like the glocks but I need a weapon that doesn't require the use of a holster when loaded because it will:
shoot me in the ass if I shove it in my back pocket;
shoot me in the groin if I shove it in my front belt;
shoot a hole in my pickup truck because its bouncing around in the glove compartment;
shoot a hole in my coat pocket or
go off like a pinwheel if I hang it on a coat hook when I go drop a deuce.

and what's with that "trigger safety"? Is it so the trigger won't pull if I happen to catch the edge of the trigger with my fingernail?

I need a pistol that I can trust with a round in the chamber that I can shove into my back pocket and glock ain't it.

So I went with the FNP.

Glock is so yesterday. Time for you tupperware lovers to step up into the new millenia. :tongue:

homelandprotector
January 16, 2012, 13:28
Well Bugs, I've been using the Blackhawk holster and have no worry of AD, I don't carry with chamber loaded just because I know that if I need to draw my weapon I can rack the slide in about .05 seconds.

But with these holsters you can safely carry with chamber loaded......:)

See >> http://www.reactgear.com/Blackhawk-Level-3-SERPA-Auto-Lock-Duty-Holster-p/44h11-p.htm

Most all Law enforcement guys use these, Keeps gun secure, push button release is excellent feature.

homelandprotector
January 16, 2012, 13:34
BTW, I had a FNP 45. tactical and it was a jambOmatic. Traded it for a Glock 35...:love:

STGThndr
January 16, 2012, 14:13
"Glock" is the reason for the invention of the XDm.

Bug Tussell
January 16, 2012, 20:44
I haven't had any problems with my glocks or FNPs. I like that I can reload ball for my FNP without it turning into a glockrenade because the polygonal rifling doesn't like cast bullets.

I think the Sds, FNPs, HK, Sigs, etc. are the next step in technological evolution. My FNP will hold 16 rounds of .45 and it has a positive hammer drop safety, goes DA and SA and I can slide it into my field expedient holster (rear pocket) if I have to investigate something untoward occurring on the farm which leaves my hands free for NVG, flashlight, shotgun, etc... We don't run around in condition one around here but we do have alternative dispute resolution readily available.

FNPs fit my need to not having to take the time to strap on a holster just cause your pistol gets nervous in your pocket. Anyways, that's my opinion. YMMV. ;)

W.E.G.
January 16, 2012, 21:58
Mine rides in a Fobus paddle holster when I'm shoving it here and there.

Can't help you much on the deuce-hook thing.
I generally stick in my pants-leg if I get caught out-and-about.
I better shut up about that though.
Last time I tried to discuss it on another board, I got afucking infraction.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/fobusG22.jpg

J. Armstrong
January 16, 2012, 22:07
1911. Cocked and locked. Training, practice, personal responsibilty. End of problem :biggrin:

Peconga
January 17, 2012, 01:35
Colt Single Action Army with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.

If you can't finish the job with 5 rounds of .45 Long Colt, you just aren't paying attention.

Plastic is for sandwich bags and blow-up dolls. :smile:

W.E.G.
January 17, 2012, 10:05
If you really hate the Glock, and you just have to have a you'd-have-to-be-a-moron-to-pull-by-accident trigger, you can get into some very serviceable S&W police trade-in 9mm's for cheap right now.

Wideners has a pretty sweet deal on the 5906.
http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000277&dir=700|1012|1026

http://wideners.com/images/fulls/FFSW5906.jpg

I'm a bit partial to the 915, and for less money.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269417166

homelandprotector
January 17, 2012, 11:13
My uncle had one of those S&W 9mm's......I tried it and couldn't hit a barn door with it at 30 yds. :confused::rofl:

jugrunner
January 17, 2012, 16:46
Glock ... can't feel the luv huh ... :wink: ... it evaporated just like the pistola is doing ... right before your very eyes ... :biggrin:

plastic ... ? ... who would'a thought it ... :rolleyes: ... NO SAFETY ... ? ... WoW ... I don't want to hear that "keep your finger off the trigger" chit and that's just what it is ... putting Cheap guns in the hands of idiots that probably should not own one in the first place ... that's what Glock is all about ... :wink:

I drop the thumb safety on my 1911 and .02 seconds later, BANG ... !!! ... :shades: ... cause I already got my finger on the trigger ... cause I got safeties on my pistola ...

J.Armstrong got it right ... Listen to the logic ... :bow:

hagar
January 17, 2012, 21:56
Been carrying messican for many years, never had an accident. Carried a Browning in South Africa, and then a Star Firestar in Arizona. The Star had a fancy triggerjob by Accuracy Speaks, it probably goes 3 pounds, and one day I removed it (actuallly from a holster, when I hunt I carry in a holster) and the safety was off, cocked and unlocked. That kind of scared me, so I went to a Glock 26, and lately a Kahr CW-9.

The one boo-boo I had with a handgun was actually with one with the longest pull of them all, a Sigma 380. Let's say when tripping over a chair with a gun in your hand, even without finger on trigger, that spontaneous muscle contraction is a fact. Nothing seriously got hurt, round did not make it out of my living room.

STGThndr
January 18, 2012, 02:18
I hate Glocks. I drop a .45 or a 9 down the back of my pants sometimes but I need a better method.. too easy for the pistol to wriggle out if one moves or jumps around.. Inside the beltway holster probably, the outside the belt are too obvious. I hate Glocks. The S&Ws work well, got a 4-11 before the mag was downsized to clinton 4-10. Want a Springfield XMd but undecided on the caliber, probably the last pistol I will buy.

skeeterbay
January 18, 2012, 08:20
I own a G36 and it's the only Glock I own. I like the durability of the finish and the size and weight of the gun. It's pretty easy to carry all day.

What I don't like is that it's the most inaccurate handgun I own. It may possibly be the most inaccurate handgun I have EVER owned.

Try as I might this thing just will not group worth a hoot past 25 yards and groups at that range are not impressive to say the least. To be honest I think there might be issues with mine. It's pretty loose when locked into battery. I bought it brand new and since day one it rattles worse when you shake it than an old issue 1911. At one time I had a model 17 issued to me and I don't recall that being as loose as this one.

The safety is also a concern of mine and I would never Mexican carry mine with a round in the chamber. I would also never let it bounce around in a glove box with one in the pipe.

vt34
January 19, 2012, 09:51
Just don't carry condition 1. The only time taking that extra half second to rack the gun would be detrimental is in an old west quick draw kinda scenario. And it goes without saying those guys weren't the smartest gunfighters, just standing in the open staring at each other. In a perfect world you really shouldn't carry loosely in your pants either, if you have to suddenly sprint it'd be very easy to have that gun fall out and wiggle this way and that.
Instead perhaps consider a coat pocket, it'd be a lot easier to maintain positive control of it whilst running, even with other things in your hands.

1911s are fun but you only get 8 rounds a mag. And single action only is a real problem. Especially if you have one like mine that has a safety that can fall to the fire position simply by the forces of gravity, so condition 3 is my safety with that gun.
Glocks are great guns, "tupperware" is the future, the stuff is more durable then metal by a long shot. And glocks have been produced for a long time, so the design keeps getting refined and polished and spare parts abound. You can't go wrong with what cops all over the country carry.

Dummy proof gun, go with what the military uses. Beretta 92, it's a great, single and double action, 15 round mags, super easy field strip. The safety is a decocking lever too so after condition one you can safely let the hammer down, and if the need to fire arises you have about 12 pounds of pull for the double-action, seams like a lot but that just about guarantees no negligent discharge and in that situation you won't even notice the pull weight, trust me. It's really ambidextrous friendly from the get-go and is a reliable work horse. You can't go wrong with what the Army and Marines deemed better then the 1911.

NEWFNL1A1
January 19, 2012, 10:42
I have been shooting 1911's for 36 years. Beretta 92's point ok, but when I do point drills w/ a Glock, the different grip angle causes me to point high. The 1911's, Hi Powers and the Springfield XD's all point naturally for me....like pointing your finger. I would love to have a Glock but they are just too far out of my comfort zone. 1911 designs are second nature to me. I would have to use a Glock for a long, long time to get use to them...

Haven't the special forces gone back to 1911's in some cases?

1911's are an old design (like FAL's) but I'm a Luddite on most things anyway.....:biggrin:

Bug Tussell
January 19, 2012, 10:49
Dummy proof gun, go with what the military uses. Beretta 92, it's a great, single and double action, 15 round mags, super easy field strip. The safety is a decocking lever too so after condition one you can safely let the hammer down, and if the need to fire arises you have about 12 pounds of pull for the double-action, seams like a lot but that just about guarantees no negligent discharge and in that situation you won't even notice the pull weight, trust me. It's really ambidextrous friendly from the get-go and is a reliable work horse. You can't go wrong with what the Army and Marines deemed better then the 1911.

Same same with my FNP45.

Timber Wolf
January 19, 2012, 13:23
"Glock" is the reason for the invention of the XDm.

Yup, all my Glocks have gone in favor of XDms. Well, except for my G20, but as soon as Springfield comes out with a 10mm XDm (any day now) the G20 is history!:wink:

GSP228
January 19, 2012, 15:18
Get one of those orange plastic do-hickeys that snap between the rear of trigger and the trigger guard. That way, the trigger safety always works and all you have to do is pop the thing out with your trigger finger as you draw. You can use a holster, not use a holster, or hang it on a hook when you go 10-100 or 10-200, or whatever.

vt34
January 19, 2012, 18:52
I have been shooting 1911's for 36 years. Beretta 92's point ok, but when I do point drills w/ a Glock, the different grip angle causes me to point high. The 1911's, Hi Powers and the Springfield XD's all point naturally for me....like pointing your finger. I would love to have a Glock but they are just too far out of my comfort zone. 1911 designs are second nature to me. I would have to use a Glock for a long, long time to get use to them...

Haven't the special forces gone back to 1911's in some cases?

1911's are an old design (like FAL's) but I'm a Luddite on most things anyway.....:biggrin:

Well definitively that's the most important thing, being skilled with whatever you got, weather it's the newest most high speed piece of tech or some old archaic design everyone dismisses, and of course that's important for shooting, stoppage remediation, reloading and any other kind of manipulation of the gun. Personally the only pistol I've shot with enough volume to get muscle memory is the M9, so I'm pretty biased I admit.

Some unit's use 1911's, I don't know who in the Army uses them but in the Marines I know Recon and MARSOC use them. Generally Recon guys have good heads on their shoulders but MARSOC is the biggest flop since "WaterWorld" I'm sure they chose the 1911 out of arrogance because of it's threatening appearance and reputation.
It really doesn't make any sense to me personally, being a sidearm it's the last ditch weapon and is likely to have it's mag emptied on initial draw, and that's one place 15 rounds would help out monumentally since someone would only carry 2 or 3 mags. The single action only would really hurt too, IF it was carried in condition 1, because the large thumb safety would easily get manipulated from running from cover to cover going kneeling and prone and such, climbing through windows, searching bad guys, and generally getting gear to knock it. I guess condition 2 would be the thing to do.
I'm just thinking out loud, any recon guys that could throw in their 2cents for my peace of mind would be appreciated.:?

AndyC
January 19, 2012, 18:58
Just don't carry condition 1. The only time taking that extra half second to rack the gun would be detrimental is in an old west quick draw kinda scenario.
You mean Condition 3, surely? Condition 1 is cocked and locked - no racking required.

1911s are fun but you only get 8 rounds a mag.
I've never found having 8 or 9 rounds to be a problem in a SD pistol

And single action only is a real problem. Especially if you have one like mine that has a safety that can fall to the fire position simply by the forces of gravity, so condition 3 is my safety with that gun.
It's only a real problem on your pistol, apparently - don't blame the design for your failure to get it fixed.

Glocks are great guns, "tupperware" is the future, the stuff is more durable then metal by a long shot.
What exactly is more durable than metal? The plastic? What is great about the glock is its reliability - when it's not blowing itself up, that is, like I saw (yet again) just last weekend on the range..

And glocks have been produced for a long time, so the design keeps getting refined and polished and spare parts abound.
Ditto the 1911, except that it has been produced for longer than the glock.

You can't go wrong with what cops all over the country carry.
They carry it because 1. Glock gave them a price nobody could beat and 2. it's a simple design which is practically idiot-proof and less administrative training required, so nobody shoulda been able to shoot themselves. Oh, wait... I forgot that it's the one pistol that actually has a self-shoot phenomenon, "Glock Leg", named after it.

Dummy proof gun, go with what the military uses. Beretta 92...You can't go wrong with what the Army and Marines deemed better then the 1911.
Ah, the Beretta 92 selected because its magazines were cheaper than the Sig's and because they'd open a factory here in the US and there'd be a lot of horse-trading between us and the Italians?

Or maybe you mean the Beretta 92 where the slide had to be modified or replaced every 3,000 rounds?

vt34
January 19, 2012, 19:19
Of course I mean condition 1, read the quote again. You won't shoot yourself with no round in the chamber. which was the OP's issue.

Have you shot many people? because in a gunfight rounds go fast and wild.

Single action is always a problem when double action exists, it's a better technology, just like mag fed vs revolvers.

composites yes, more durable, it doesn't rust or tarnish. But neither of us are chemists.

Is simple design a bad thing? because in high stress situations the majority of people can't operate complex systems, and the only way to be ready is to train in high stress situations.

I'll stand by the M9, it is far Superior to the 1911 for combative purposes. The service life of military arms is short. But I can say for a fact the slide is not replaced every 3k rounds, or at least it is not necessary because mine hasn't been replaced and I've fired close to that number through it, not to mention it's a double issue pistol so I'm not the only one shooting it.

AndyC
January 19, 2012, 19:53
Have you shot many people?
Actually, I have - although I can't fathom why you think that's relevant. How about you?

The rest of your post is just mindless blather, full of opinion and very little objectivity - no offense.

vt34
January 19, 2012, 20:20
Don't believe you. Mainly because you think it's irrelevant, getting shot at is quite an experience.
Of course it's opinion, this whole thread is opinion. Anything can work, you can't mathematically say one gun is better for putting down people then another, I'm throwing in my opinion as to why I think the way I do. I'm sorry I'm not a robot, my real-world experience has brought me to these conclusions.
But thanks for showing a good degree of unprofessionalism. Classy.

L Haney
January 19, 2012, 20:22
Damn Andy. :rofl: You could have let him down a little easier.

vt, he's not kiddin'.

vt34
January 19, 2012, 21:02
oh well, I was just throwing my opinion out there and why my view is such.
I have no qualm with any of the guns mentioned in the thread, I have a 1911 and it's a fun, easy to use gun. I feel the m9 or glock is a better combat handgun though.
Clearly this andy fella is God's gift to tactics...
That's my last word on this thread.

AndyC
January 19, 2012, 22:02
getting shot at is quite an experience.
Is it really?

my real-world experience has brought me to these conclusions.
I'm sure I could have learned a lot - my loss :smile:

Damn Andy. :rofl: You could have let him down a little easier.
El, I woulda - if he'd been willing to discuss things objectively.

catmguy445
January 19, 2012, 22:31
A lot of really good points, AndyC. I'd like to add one more. Those wonderful plastic frames are still pretty new, relatively speaking. Most plastics are not completely chemically stable OR impervious to various outside factors, such as exposure to ultraviolet rays. A lot of plastics will deteriorate with continued exposure to ultraviolet. Glocks have been around about 30 years. I wonder how brittle that plastic will get in another 30 years?

There are also some fairly unpleasant chemicals floating around in the atmosphere. Ever heard of smog? Continued exposure to that isn't good for plastic either (or people, but let's not get into that ball of worms here).

There's also a certain amount, although very slow, of natural degrading of the molecules in ANY plastic over time. Plastics are not totally stable chemically, and I think that eventually, Glock and a lot of other plastic-framed firearms companies are going to find that out the hard way, along with the gun owners. All these wonder plastics are fine for the moment, but they do have a half-life.

The thing I dislike most about Glocks is that Glock has sold the public and a lot of law enforcement agencies on a basically unsafe gun. ANY firearm that doesn't have a mechanical safety is an AD waiting to happen. Safe trigger, my ass. There's nothing safe about that piece of junk, and a number of people have found that out the hard way.

Personally, I wouldn't own a Glock. All my guns have metal frames, which admittedly aren't perfect either, but in the long run, they'll outlast the plastic ones.

vt34
January 20, 2012, 09:16
Is it really?

I'm sure I could have learned a lot - my loss :smile:

wa wa wa, I'm a lier now, said I wouldn't post anymore but stumbled back in here to see who the fella was that said he was going to get rid of his G20 when the XDm10mm came out.

Civilians are so unrequitedly arrogant.
It's not like I come from the platoon that does more training than any other on the east coast, or have trained with militarys from all over the world like the aussies, geargians, brits, colombians or gautamalens.
Andy there wasn't a single thing you said that wasn't common wikipedia knowledge. You brought nothing of value to the table. Most people here are friendly or at least cordial but you'r really unprofessional
I wouldn't be a part of a firearms message board if I wanted robotic information.

@catmguy
i agree about the lifespan, it's a technology that is still developing, but polymers are the future.
As far as the safety goes, don't pull the trigger. NDs happen because the finger wasn't straight off the trigger, and with the firing pin block you pretty much guarantee it. Of course there are onsies and twosies every so often, but name one gun that has never slam fired or blown up. My own issued coltM4 slam fired bad for several months, come to find out the armory put a new hammer spring in it that was a lemon.
The stigma on Glocks exists for the same reason so much stigma is set on the AK, so much production and putting them in the hands of unprofessionals.

Last word for sure this time.

NEWFNL1A1
January 20, 2012, 09:32
Wait...don't start yet...I need more coffee.

added:

Ok, I'm good.....thanks!

L Haney
January 20, 2012, 09:49
But thanks for showing a good degree of unprofessionalism. Classy.

And then this. "My own issued coltM4 slam fired bad for several months, come to find out the armory put a new hammer spring in it that was a lemon."

Several MONTHS? You knowingly carried a malfunctioning weapon for several months?

vt34
January 20, 2012, 09:57
well I had no access to an armory, in the field. As soon as I got back I addressed the issue. But at the time I just got the shrug and "Do the best ya can with what ya got."

Anyway, I'd like to apologize Andy for flying off the handle myself. A buddy of mine just bit the dust over in afgahn a few days ago and I guess it's bothering me more than I thought.
Your points were very valid and I have a hard time accepting when people don't like my arguments, such is the way of the military.
So again, in front of God and everybody, sorry bro.

L Haney
January 20, 2012, 10:05
A buddy of mine just bit the dust over in afgahn a few days ago and I guess it's bothering me more than I thought.

It always does. Sorry that happened.

Timber Wolf
January 20, 2012, 12:51
wa wa wa, I'm a lier now, said I wouldn't post anymore but stumbled back in here to see who the fella was that said he was going to get rid of his G20 when the XDm10mm came out.

That was me, what do you want to know? Of course my comment was tougue-in-cheek as I doubt Springfield will ever come out with XDm 10. But a man has to have a dream. BTW, I am no hi-speed operator by any streach and don't claim to be (never shot anybody either) but "I knows what I likes" and Glock ain't it. I owned and shot several Glocks before getting into the XDms and the XDms suit me a lot better. I have taken one (XDm 3.8) to a few training clases and have been shooting them (first the 3.8 and recently a 5.25) in USPSA competition for several months and really like the platform.

Bug Tussell
January 20, 2012, 14:52
well I had no access to an armory, in the field. As soon as I got back I addressed the issue. But at the time I just got the shrug and "Do the best ya can with what ya got."

Anyway, I'd like to apologize Andy for flying off the handle myself. A buddy of mine just bit the dust over in afgahn a few days ago and I guess it's bothering me more than I thought.
Your points were very valid and I have a hard time accepting when people don't like my arguments, such is the way of the military.
So again, in front of God and everybody, sorry bro.

No worries. Sometimes we take the internet too seriously - I know I have. Regardless, if you met Andy you'd take a shine to him. He, like most folks on the files, is good people. and I'm sure you are too.

:bow:

L Haney
January 20, 2012, 19:38
So, Bug. Do you need bigger pants to put that thing IWB? Or is it comfortable enough as is? I had to settle for a high ride belt slide, but it's wrapping a single stack PF-9 which don't print even on my narrow ass. Why I bought the damn plastic pistol to start with.

vt, that was eloquent as an apology. Hang around. Good company here abouts.

Lowell

vt34
January 20, 2012, 20:11
That was me, what do you want to know? Of course my comment was tougue-in-cheek as I doubt Springfield will ever come out with XDm 10. But a man has to have a dream. BTW, I am no hi-speed operator by any streach and don't claim to be (never shot anybody either) but "I knows what I likes" and Glock ain't it. I owned and shot several Glocks before getting into the XDms and the XDms suit me a lot better. I have taken one (XDm 3.8) to a few training clases and have been shooting them (first the 3.8 and recently a 5.25) in USPSA competition for several months and really like the platform.

Well I happen to LOVE Glocks(if that wasn't obvious already) and I don't have 10mm yet so if you ever get the inkling to get rid of it I'd be willing to throw an offer at ya. I can't seem to find many G20s around, not a single shop in my home town or in the Lejeune area had one.

Varangian
January 22, 2012, 05:33
These threads are like that Escher print of the monks in their monastery. Round and round we go, but get nowhere.

Every weapon has tradeoffs. Like 1911s? Deal with the weight and limited ammo, and the questionable reliability with hollowpoints. Like Glocks? Deal with no external safety and the possibility of a kB in calibers other than 9mm. Like the 92? Deal with the excess size and weight for a 9mm, the crappy finish that wears off on a holster, and barrels that rust when you concentrate on them and think "sweat".

Weapons are like underwear. Some can deal with the tradeoffs associated with boxers, some prefer the tradeoffs associated with briefs. Also like underwear, one's weapons are a personal choice shaped as much by personality and prejudices as objective evaluation.

In the end, it's all opinion, and which tradeoffs the individual prefers to deal with.

Bug Tussell
January 22, 2012, 10:37
So, Bug. Do you need bigger pants to put that thing IWB? Or is it comfortable enough as is?

Lowell

I just wore it in the small of my back since I was walking - didn't need bigger pants. I hardly noticed it was there.

kayakpirate
January 22, 2012, 12:41
"Glock Leg" really? Sounds like every other design that idots have fuged up with then blame the piece. Keep your sticky finger off the trigger.
That simple.Even the NRA gun rules say it.
Back when New Jersey was carrying the H&K P-13 they had toes and knees shot off left and right by guys who didnt take their fingers off the trigger.
Re-holstered the weapon and BANG...it was the guns fault...not mine,I'm perfect.
I've had a Glock 17 since 1986.It hasnt melted,it hasnt disolved into a cloud of black smoke dragging its soul to hell.It hasnt even faded....and I've shot the sheet outta that thing.
Carried it sans a holster,mex style too often to count.But you know what? I've been shooting for a long time and have three points in my I.Q. So guess what...no N.D.'s!
WOW! Zero negligent discharges due to owner competence.
Be aware of what youre wearing before you pack the piece.Is your Mu-Mu going to get extra material caught in the trigger guard?
Are your pants zipped and belt snug? Cant go low rider while carrying heat,not safe.
This continued rallying against the Glock has me wondering...is training and practice part of the supposed "Glock shot victims" life,or did they just buy a piece,
not bother to read the manual,(cause theyre so macho,they KNOW how to handle a pistol),stick the loaded weapon in their pants while touching the trigger and gave themselves a sex change?
This is nothing new.I've taken a couple hundred people diving over the years and sailing and fishing.Its in those situations that you really get to see the behavior I'm refering to.
Dont know squat...but they had the cash to buy it,so that makes them experts.Its hard not to laugh when theyre coughing the water outta their lungs.These are usually the kind of people that are
at the root of a devices bad reputation. Human negligence...its what shot the DEA agent in front of a class of school kids.Its also whats at the heart of almost every firearm accident.
Blaming the messenger isnt anything new either,unless its a devil loving commie plastic Glock...then the Glock did it...What a load.

homelandprotector
January 22, 2012, 12:48
Everyone loves Glocks......

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8940/glock22.jpg

crcksht
January 22, 2012, 12:57
If Glocks are safe enough for thousands of law enforcement agencies across the country, they are safe enough for me. Glock won a multi-million dollar law suite brought by the family of a deceased woman who was shot by a Knoxville, Tennessee police officer. Glock won the suite proving the weapon can not discharge without the trigger being pulled. The officer had claimed the weapon accidentally discharged while he was running with the pistol in his hand. Obviously he pulled the trigger, shooting the woman in the back of her neck and killing her.

If you pull the trigger, the weapon discharges. That's what a pistol is supposed to do, period.

Are Glocks my favorite pistols? No, but they are still a safe and reliable weapon. Certainly they are more reliable than most.

kayakpirate
January 22, 2012, 13:12
Everyone loves Glocks......

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8940/glock22.jpg

His trigger finger...my God the mans insane! He's not touching the trigger!
Has he lost his mind? Everyone knows you gotta keep your finger on the trigger at all times!
Other wise you might miss the chance to suffer a self inflicted Glock shot wound.
No ones gonna take him seriously...he obviously doesnt know what he's doing.

emcroy
January 24, 2012, 00:11
If I could only have one it would be 1911 hands down!

Glock is a fine weapon as well, just not for dumbasses!

Timber Wolf
January 24, 2012, 12:59
Glock is a fine weapon as well, just not for dumbasses!

Which guns are you advocating for dumbasses to have?:D

StoneyCreekMrMauser
January 24, 2012, 13:19
I'll admit, I didn't like Glocks for a LONG time but I recently got a 22C Gen 3 and I must say I like the way this thing works. Easy, just point and click, kinda like a revolver with its "no safety" kinda action (unsafe my ass!).

I have done my own railing against the gun for a number of years because I, like many others, went with what others told me or what "experts in pistolcraft" did in training (ie screw up and blame the gun, I wasn't shooting it so how was I to know?). In now owning and operating one, I can say it is a decent enough pistol to do the job. I won't be giving up my Beretta, Colt 1911, or Cz75/82 anytime soon over it, but I will give the gun credit where credit is due.

Now, on to holsters. Get several, find the one you like the best, use it. Enough with the Mexi-Carry, you'll put your eye (or worse!) out. If you can afford a pistol costing several hundred dollars, buy a friggin $50 holster so you don't drop or lose the gun or get your keys wedged in the TG and bust a nut, so to speak.

It's only quantum physics if you make it that way.

jerry704
January 24, 2012, 14:19
The GLOCK 23 was my first pistol purchase. It handles great in my teenage girl sized hands. Lol. I have used it in several idpa comp.'s and it has fired thousands of rounds down range without 1 single issue. Ive shot it several hundred times and then not cleaned it for a year before. Though i dont make a habit of that. I have a nice black paddle holster and an uncle mikes sock style holster for in the pants carry. I would not sell it!!! I love my 1911's as well as many of my other guns but i will always have a soft spot in my heart for my GLOCK!!! It is perfect for a poor man who dosent need all the bells and whistles nor wants to spend endless amounts of cash customizing his pistol. Ive carried it loaded with one in the chamber since day 1 Ive never questioned the safenes of my GLOCK because after all the safety is between your ears!!! My 115 lbs wife can knock over cans with it at 50 yards and i can reliably hit milk jugs at 100. So its all in what your used to i guess. Love them or hate them......... They will NOT let you down.

emcroy
January 24, 2012, 19:49
Which guns are you advocating for dumbasses to have?:D

Well, like I said my dumb ass likes the 1911:beer:

MK ULTRA
January 24, 2012, 20:59
[QUOTE=Bug Tussell;3268914]I like the glocks but I need a weapon that doesn't require the use of a holster when loaded because it will:
shoot a hole in my pickup truck because its bouncing around in the glove compartment;

You never had the love. I carry my glocks mexican carry all the time no problem. They won't go off unless u pull the trigger.

juanni
January 25, 2012, 11:05
I like thin women and beefy gripped Glocks. The G30 and the G21 are my favs.

If I had the hands of a underfed boy from the early 1900s, maybe I would like the grips of the 1911A1, still I doubt I would appreciate the jamming though.

Had two 1911A1s, including a brand new Colt Gold Cup that was a jammer right out of the box.

None of my fleet of Glocks has ever jammed.

..............juanni

Bug Tussell
January 25, 2012, 16:28
[QUOTE=MK ULTRA;3274824 You never had the love. I carry my glocks mexican carry all the time no problem. They won't go off unless u pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I like 'em that go DA, SA all the way ... and will also take reloads without causing an unnecessary scene!

SA all the time and not liking reloads doesn't work for me anymore. :uhoh:

dirtyrice
January 26, 2012, 03:04
I don't carry with chamber loaded just because I know that if I need to draw my weapon I can rack the slide in about .05 seconds.

That so? Have you tried to do it while someone is kicking your ass. Just a point. It is a lot harder to get that done when someone is pummeling you or has already drawn and possibly fired on you. Is your life worth half a second? What if one your hands is injured before you get there.

You have to remember you need that .05 - time you don't know what is going on while bad guy does. Reaction is always slower than action. And even slower when you don't have the upper hand.

NEWFNL1A1
January 26, 2012, 08:26
I had a buddy in the DPS training school back in 2002. He was out shooting with some other LEOs. My friend owned and shot 1911's all the time w/ me. He, had his Kimber, mexican carry while he shot one of the officer's Glocks. They told him a story of an agent who used to do the same thing but had been recently issued a new 9mm Glock......while at the range, the agent shot himself in the cheek of his butt and was off on leave 9 months while he recovered. I guess the guy was well trained but in a moment of doing a familiar thing.....luckily he was using ball ammo. Transitioning from one type of design to the other is tricky for some folks I guess.

Just adding to the knowledge base.

crcksht
January 26, 2012, 09:02
If you are unable to safely carry a loaded Glock without shooting yourself, then perhaps the gene pool is better off without you. In order to shoot yourself with a Glock, you would have to violate the first safety rule: never put your finger on the trigger unless you are willing to destroy what is in front of the weapon. As long as you aren't suicidal, you should be good to go.

NEWFNL1A1
January 26, 2012, 09:15
If you are unable to safely carry a loaded Glock without shooting yourself, then perhaps the gene pool is better off without you. In order to shoot yourself with a Glock, you would have to violate the first safety rule: never put your finger on the trigger unless you are willing to destroy what is in front of the weapon. As long as you aren't suicidal, you should be good to go.

The guy's belt snagged the trigger.....he had the mishap due to doing what he had always done....and not using his head....it was his fault....not the design of the gun. The going from one design to the other was my main point.

crcksht
January 26, 2012, 10:44
Snagged on his belt? I'm sure that's the story he told his buddies. And how does a belt get inside the trigger guard to pull a trigger? No way he could have had his finger inside that trigger guard when he shot himself....LMAO!

jcornss
January 26, 2012, 16:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

"Glock Leg" huh? Is there an "Uber Awesome Kustom 1911 Leg"? Apparently there is. Of course, this one is the holster's fault.

hagar
January 26, 2012, 17:23
There are only 2 ways to put a handgun in a holster, one is with the fingers BEHIND the trigger guard, the other is with fingers very stiffly outstretched in a V down the side of the slide, and you flare away from the slide as you meet resistance and push it in with the rear of your hand. Gripping the gun as for target practice makes your leg (or worse) the target..

kayakpirate
January 26, 2012, 19:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

"Glock Leg" huh? Is there an "Uber Awesome Kustom 1911 Leg"? Apparently there is. Of course, this one is the holster's fault.

Holster? No...Pistol? No...I blame the hat.

kayakpirate
January 26, 2012, 19:52
...and just because...here's your typical N.D.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S7ufT_6Kgy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

emcroy
January 26, 2012, 21:32
...and just because...here's your typical N.D.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S7ufT_6Kgy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the type of dumbass I was refering to!

vt34
January 27, 2012, 09:15
well now, I thought for a while there I was going to be the only person showing the love to Glock in this thread. I'm glad common sense showed up

jugrunner
January 27, 2012, 15:51
I'll post some pics of "common sense" when I get my internet up and running again ... :wink:

BTW: If it were not for peeps like me this "glock" file would be dead ... !

kayakpirate
January 27, 2012, 16:53
Its nonsense to blame the Glock or think that somehow its materials arent as sound as steel.In case many of you have forgotten,
the first real polymer piece to hit the market wasnt a Glock,it was the H&K VP70.They've been around since what,the 70's?
Saw one the other day that was working just fine and it hadnt melted or turned on ts owner.Lousy trigger,but hey,it was originally a
machine pistol design anyway.
Some people just dont get it.They want to blame everything but themselves.
Ft.Pierce had a cop a while ago that shot a guy he were covering.The Glock frenzy was amazing.Till the question,where was your finger resting at the time?
To which the answer was "on the trigger".Oops...wrong answer.
One thing I've learned is that there isnt anything thats as safe as the owner.if the owner is an idiot,well,idiotic crap will happen.Then they'll say,"not me, it was the gun".
"it s the cheeseburgers fault I'm fat.Not that I eat 10 at a time". "Its the cars fault the tires flat,not mine for running over anything in my way." And the BS goes on...
All these low drag high speed couch potatoes always have an excuse.
Its strange how myself,nor any of the other Glock owners I know havent had a problem like all the rookies and posers have...but maybe thats what makes them,them.
If you dont like it,then dont buy it.But perpetuating the myth that its a machines fault and not human error is just really stupid.
Keep your finger off the trigger and you wont look dumb and have to make up a stupid excuse.
Sounds like a bunch of t.v. educated Fudds bitching about high capacity magazines."We dont want no AR-47's on our range.My grnaddaddies single shot .22 is plenty gun for anyone".

homelandprotector
January 27, 2012, 17:34
"We dont want no AR-47's on our range.My grnaddaddies single shot .22 is plenty gun for anyone".

Got any pics of that AR-47?? :rofl::rofl:

kayakpirate
January 27, 2012, 18:34
I got it in the back of my gunsafe.Right next to my Remington Deerslayer.

homelandprotector
January 29, 2012, 12:26
I like the glocks but I need a weapon that doesn't require the use of a holster when loaded because it will:
I need a pistol that I can trust with a round in the chamber that I can shove into my back pocket and glock ain't it.
So I went with the FNP.
Glock is so yesterday. Time for you tupperware lovers to step up into the new millenia. :tongue:

Go back to teh Glock......just wear baggier shirts......:uhoh::rofl::tongue:

She could probably hide one in that cameltoe.....

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8510/glockgirl.jpg

kayakpirate
January 29, 2012, 13:04
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8510/glockgirl.jpg[/QUOTE]

Both those Glocks are saying the same thing...shoot me,shoot me please.

Bug Tussell
January 30, 2012, 16:21
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8510/glockgirl.jpg

Yep, typical glock lover. You boys must be in hog heaven. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

kayakpirate
January 30, 2012, 16:25
Yep, typical glock lover. You boys must be in hog heaven. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Okay...you asked for it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9ozU4KcvIZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bug Tussell
January 30, 2012, 17:01
Aye caramba! :eek:

jugrunner
January 30, 2012, 23:51
Common Sense ... :wink: ...

All I can say is "Ouch" ... missed the knee cap tho ... :wink:

http://i43.tinypic.com/dmtwzt.jpg

This proves most everything BAD that's ever been said about the Glock ...

http://i44.tinypic.com/qo7xpt.jpg

Don't forget about Waco ... 1 Fukin' Glock started the whole thing ... WoW ... common sense !!

Put a hammer on it or put a Real Safety on it and I might learn to like it ... "might" being the "key" word there ... :biggrin: ... change the thing you call a trigger ... !

I've shot the Long Slide and like it ... for some reason it seems a "cut above" ...

Seriously ... my main complaint is putting them in the hands of total nOObS ... It's a cocked revolver ... dangerous if carried with one in the chamber ... I have no need for a pistol that's not loaded ...

If all the levers and hammers and metal confuse you in any way ... I can recommend several books, written by Masters of the shooting world, that will give great insight into the many Virtues of the 1911 ... :bow:

MK ULTRA
January 31, 2012, 07:14
Jug My alabama friend, There's nothing wrong with a glock.

If you pull the trigger they go bang just like a 1911 or SIG.

You have to know rules of gun safety. And check the chamber every time and don't assume.

That is all.

jcornss
January 31, 2012, 13:21
Have you ever had a glock apart? It can not go off unless 1 of 2 things happen. Some knucklehead pulls the bang lever or it has a SERIOUS malfunction. There is a plunger made of solid steel that blocks the striker channel. This plunger only moves when the trigger is pulled. The most likely way this safety could malfunction would be for the plunger to be stuck in such a way as to not block the striker channel. I've never seen this happen and I've seen seen several miss treated glocks. It is possible...as malfunctions are possible with any mechanical device.

emcroy
February 01, 2012, 01:14
I love the 1911 but I have Glocks as well!

Agent Bob Marley got a foty in the leg :uhoh:, he's the only one professional enough in the room, f...ing duchbag!

emcroy
February 01, 2012, 01:23
By the way, did I spell that right, is it duchbag or duchebag?

jcornss
February 01, 2012, 09:12
I do believe the proper spelling is douchebag lol. And that is the only thing proven by that vid. John Moses Browning couldn't have saved that guy if he were standing in the room with him!

1911 Gunslinger
February 01, 2012, 11:18
Wow, I had best go put on my hip waders, the bullshit is getting pretty deep 'round these parts.

Let's see, what have we learned?

#1- a plastic GLOCK is stronger than a steel 1911

#2-A GLOCK functions all the time(unless it's a 40 or 45 or you feed it lead pills in which case it blows up) whereas a 1911 always jams

#3- being in a classroom with a thug-life fed who is armed could be detrimental to your health.

#4-vt34 is our resident re-incarnation of Chesty Puller

#5- Andy is a dumb, chairborne ranger, wanker, pussy whose only combat experience consists of beating up little kids so that he can be first to the ice cream truck.

Bug Tussell
February 01, 2012, 12:41
By the way, did I spell that right, is it duchbag or duchebag?

It's spelled duckbag.

kayakpirate
February 01, 2012, 15:14
Wow, I had best go put on my hip waders, the bullshit is getting pretty deep 'round these parts.

Let's see, what have we learned?

#1- a plastic GLOCK is stronger than a steel 1911

#2-A GLOCK functions all the time(unless it's a 40 or 45 or you feed it lead pills in which case it blows up) whereas a 1911 always jams

#3- being in a classroom with a thug-life fed who is armed could be detrimental to your health.

#4-vt34 is our resident re-incarnation of Chesty Puller

#5- Andy is a dumb, chairborne ranger, wanker, pussy whose only combat experience consists of beating up little kids so that he can be first to the ice cream truck.

Well,if we've learned anything I hope it would be,
1) Keep your finger off the trigger till youre ready to fire.
2) Repeat the above rule #1
3)That nothing is as safe as the person who possesses it.
4)Blaming the thing is usually a dodge..."My car started all by itself,ran over the neighbors dog and reparked itself...its a Dodge,they do that."
5)Never seen a Glock rust...and I've been watching. Have seen more than a few fugged-from-rust 1911's though.
If nothing else,lets learn to not place blame based on gossip,misinformation or personal bias, but instead call out the incompetent and brand
them with a big friggin "I"...so's people know what theyre looking at.

jugrunner
February 01, 2012, 19:10
I've learned to stay away from peeps wit Glocks ... :wink: ... they'll shoot your eye out ... or your foot off ... or a hole in the floorboard of your truck ... :rofl:

I've owned 10 or 12 Glocks ... made $$$$ on everyone of 'em ... they serve a purpose for me in that respect ... but get no respect from me ...

BTW: ... kayakpirate ... you DO know the slide and SOME of the Glock internals are made of steel ... ??? ... it WILL rust ... :rolleyes:

I luv it here ... I've heard 1000 different reasons the Glock has NO SAFETY ,,, not one of them makes sense ... :bow:

kayakpirate
February 01, 2012, 21:32
Some good 1911 points.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N_WTjjPyd2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dirtyrice
February 02, 2012, 08:05
Personally I think vt34 is either a 13yr old troll or just a fugging asshat. All your posts are pretty asinine at best. Which is what leads me to think your a 13yr old. You act like you're mr. been there done that, and talk crap to a guy that many here know for a fact has been there and done that.

We have many current and former service members on this forum who have "been there and done that" and they don't act like ****wads. Even if you did serve which I highly doubt, you're still a fugging douchebag. I've never seen real combat vets come off like you just have.

vt34 said:

"Civilians are so unrequitedly arrogant. " Who da **** do you think trains a good chunk of the military and leos now. Civilians.

"Your points were very valid and I have a hard time accepting when people don't like my arguments, such is the way of the military." If you were in a combat zone i'd figure you'd get your ass kicked a lot. I don't see large amounts of combat hardened troops dealing with you for longer than 5 minutes.

"Single action is always a problem when double action exists, it's a better technology, just like mag fed vs revolvers." Are you retarded?? If this is so why are high powers still in use by british troops...

Pics or stfu troll.

jugrunner
February 02, 2012, 14:25
I'm glad I could add a little life to the Glock files once again ... haven't seen a 2 pg thread here in a long time ... :wink: ... :devil:

crcksht
February 02, 2012, 15:26
I've learned to stay away from peeps wit Glocks ... :wink: ... they'll shoot your eye out ... or your foot off ... or a hole in the floorboard of your truck ... :rofl:

I've owned 10 or 12 Glocks ... made $$$$ on everyone of 'em ... they serve a purpose for me in that respect ... but get no respect from me ...

BTW: ... kayakpirate ... you DO know the slide and SOME of the Glock internals are made of steel ... ??? ... it WILL rust ... :rolleyes:

I luv it here ... I've heard 1000 different reasons the Glock has NO SAFETY ,,, not one of them makes sense ... :bow:

The safety is built into the action of the pistol. That's the beauty of it! The striker CAN NOT move forward until the trigger is fully pulled, but I'm sure you already knew that.

There's no need to waste time flipping a safety switch.

Pull the trigger >> BANG!

I also have never seen even a spot of rust on a Glock. Might have something to do with the Tenifer coating applied to the steel.

jugrunner
February 02, 2012, 19:33
Now it's ... 1001 reasons that make no sense ... :biggrin:

PS: I know how they work ... I know you pull the trigger and they go bang ... that's actually a problem ... I saw a ATF agent climb a ladder one day and his Glock went BANG ... :rofl:

do you remember all the bullet holes that suddenly appeared from inside the house ... ? ... WoW ... major screw up ... Highly trained to keep his finger OFF the trigger I bet ...

I bet now, he wishes he'd had a safety (1911) ... :sad: ... really sad that the safety on the 1911 confuses so many ... :confused:

good luck ...

BTW: has Glock ever been able to build one that will safely fire the 100 yr old 45 ACP without self destructing ... ??? ... I don't keep up with their developments so bring me up to speed please ...

PS: What the hell is a safety switch ... ? ... sounds "electrical" ... :wink:

The safety is built into the action of the pistol. That's the beauty of it! The striker CAN NOT move forward until the trigger is fully pulled, but I'm sure you already knew that.

There's no need to waste time flipping a safety switch.

Pull the trigger >> BANG!

I also have never seen even a spot of rust on a Glock. Might have something to do with the Tenifer coating applied to the steel.

perryturner
February 02, 2012, 19:44
I drop the thumb safety on my 1911 and .02 seconds later, BANG ... !!! ... :shades: ... cause I already got my finger on the trigger ... cause I got safeties on my pistola ... I think I'm starting to understand your problem. You're using the safety for a trigger.

jugrunner
February 02, 2012, 19:51
you're correct MK ... It's people that are the problem ... but they also get a drivers license and drive cars ... !! ... pulling the triggers on Glocks seems to be a little too easy for some ... just MHO ...

Jug My alabama friend, There's nothing wrong with a glock.

If you pull the trigger they go bang just like a 1911 or SIG.

You have to know rules of gun safety. And check the chamber every time and don't assume.

That is all.

jugrunner
February 02, 2012, 19:56
I got all my toes and stuff ... don't have a problem ... I guess your problem is, I don't like Glocks ... :wink: ... and I've been handling 1911's longer than you've been alive probably ... don't hate me just 'cause we don't agree ... !!!

PS: and about that 100 yr old 45 ACP ... low pressure ... low velocity ... plastic can't handle it ... ? ... just asking

I think I'm starting to understand your problem. You're using the safety for a trigger.

kayakpirate
February 02, 2012, 20:45
Seems 1911's had problems with .38 super for a few decades.I always go with the cailber the weapon was originally designed.
Theres all kinds of great designs that had a hard time making a cailber transition.
The H&K P-7 that was made in .40 S&W didnt stay on the market all that long
You dont like Glocks? So what? I dont like beets...dont see me blaming 'em for food poisoning.
The fact that just because somebody has a badge does not get to exculde them from the idiot club...
people of all kinds make mistakes.If you watched the ND vid, you'd heard a coulpe 1911 ND stories.
Sorry,the design is old.I've got an old Springfield,love it,love shooting it as I have since '88 or so. But I carry a Glock.
I've flown on more than a couple DC-3's.Cool OLD plane.Would I willingly fly in one today? No.
Use to fly the Grumman Goose to St.Croix,Tortolla and down island.Cool old plane.Guy that owned the outfit,Capt.Blaire
died in one along with his passengers.Havent flown in one since.
The 1911 is old...sells a lot of comix and parts.Gets people all worked up and manly.But its an old design and theres a lot better ones out there.
The Glock is one.Dont like it? Too bad.But blaiming it for setting fire to the hen house and catching your hand in the car door doesnt change
that its a great piece.
Again...the hand holding the firearm makes it go bang..."Guns dont kill people,people kill people...unless its a Glock"...what a crock.

jugrunner
February 02, 2012, 20:52
now it's 1002 reasons ... :biggrin:

kayakpirate
February 02, 2012, 20:59
Yeah well...from what I've heard Lemmings are pretty stubborn as well. :beer:

perryturner
February 02, 2012, 22:25
I got all my toes and stuff ... don't have a problem ... I guess your problem is, I don't like Glocks ... :wink: ... and I've been handling 1911's longer than you've been alive probably ... don't hate me just 'cause we don't agree ... !!!

PS: and about that 100 yr old 45 ACP ... low pressure ... low velocity ... plastic can't handle it ... ? ... just askingI beleive the first 1911 I shot was about 1959. You?

I like 1911s. I've got a really good one. Fun to shoot. But when I want to carry a 45, my Glock 36 weighs about two thirds of the 1911, with one less round.

Hate you? If you're in Alabama, I'm probably related to you.

crcksht
February 03, 2012, 12:23
Now it's ... 1001 reasons that make no sense ... :biggrin:

PS: I know how they work ... I know you pull the trigger and they go bang ... that's actually a problem ... I saw a ATF agent climb a ladder one day and his Glock went BANG ... :rofl:

Someone's been watching too much Alex Jones....better put another layer on that tin-foil hat.

Why don't all you haters spend some time over on the revolver forum and trash double-action revolvers for a while? You haters are funny. I'll give you that.

Where are all of the cries for S&W to put a safety on the 629?

charles isaac
February 03, 2012, 13:40
But when I want to carry a 45, my Glock 36 weighs about two thirds of the 1911, with one less round.

Yeah, that extra 17oz of all steel Colt 1911 was really kicking my ass! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NEWFNL1A1
February 03, 2012, 14:00
I remember the time when two of my uncles starting arguing about which were better...Fords or Chevys.....it eventully tuned into cussing and throwing chairs across the room.....

Ahhh, good times....good times!

jugrunner
February 03, 2012, 14:34
the 1911 I carry weighs 23 oz. ... empty mag ... I really like it and I think it will beat crcksht's Glock ... :tongue:

Yeah, that extra 17oz of all steel Colt 1911 was really kicking my ass! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jugrunner
February 03, 2012, 14:46
yeah ... pretty close to 1959 ... but why pick the Glock over the 1911 ... :confused: ... especially if you have a real nice 1911 ... ?

What can you ACTUALLY do with a Glock ... ? ... you can't go in and polish the HTS - slick up the rails - tighten the slide a hair - install match grade links and bushings - Barrels ??? ... and they're ugly ... :biggrin: ...

I mean ... you can put lipstick on a Pig but you've still got a Glock ... :wink:

ETA: Check the post above ... 23oz. ... :biggrin:

ETA #2: Man I'm getting my post count up wit this thread ... might break 3000 ... :whiskey:

I beleive the first 1911 I shot was about 1959. You?

I like 1911s. I've got a really good one. Fun to shoot. But when I want to carry a 45, my Glock 36 weighs about two thirds of the 1911, with one less round.

Hate you? If you're in Alabama, I'm probably related to you.

crcksht
February 03, 2012, 14:55
the 1911 I carry weighs 23 oz. ... empty mag ... I really like it and I think it will beat crcksht's Glock ... :tongue:

Beat someone is about all you can do with an empty 1911. Load that thing and it might be worth carrying.

kayakpirate
February 03, 2012, 14:59
...and if you spend a couple K on it...it might,
just might,work as well as a Glock.

jugrunner
February 03, 2012, 15:49
http://i41.tinypic.com/1565xrp.gif

If all the levers and hammers and metal confuse you in any way ... I can recommend several books, written by Masters of the shooting world, that will give great insight into the many Virtues of the 1911 ... :sleep:

ETA: I'll bet $100.00 that the 1911 has killed more Japs and Germans and NVA than all the Glocks in the world ... :wink:

Question: Will your Glock be here in 100 years ... :confused: ...

kayakpirate
February 03, 2012, 19:31
I get the impression that youre just ignoring the obvious and
just egging people on in order to get a high page count on your thread.
Just for the record...due to its popularity all over the world,the 9mm
has indeed killed far more people than the .45acp.You can send my dough to the FAL Files.:biggrin:

jugrunner
February 03, 2012, 19:41
it's not my thread ... you have thin skin if this really bothers you and you owe me $100.00 ... I'll take it in ammo please ... :biggrin:

I get the impression that youre just ignoring the obvious and
just egging people on in order to get a high page count on your thread.
Just for the record...due to its popularity all over the world,the 9mm
has indeed killed far more people than the .45acp.You can send my dough to the FAL Files.:biggrin:

kayakpirate
February 03, 2012, 20:00
it's not my thread ... you have thin skin if this really bothers you and you owe me $100.00 ... I'll take it in ammo please ... :biggrin:

Now,now you know I'm teasing...but dont be a welch,send my $ to contributions.:tongue:

perryturner
February 03, 2012, 20:22
the 1911 I carry weighs 23 oz. ... empty mag ... I really like it and I think it will beat crcksht's Glock ... :tongue:How many rounds do you think that 23 oz. 1911 is good for?

perryturner
February 03, 2012, 20:32
yeah ... pretty close to 1959 ... but why pick the Glock over the 1911 ... :confused: ... especially if you have a real nice 1911 ... ?

What can you ACTUALLY do with a Glock ... ? ... you can't go in and polish the HTS - slick up the rails - tighten the slide a hair - install match grade links and bushings - Barrels ??? ... and they're ugly ... :biggrin: ...

I mean ... you can put lipstick on a Pig but you've still got a Glock ... :wink:

ETA: Check the post above ... 23oz. ... :biggrin:

ETA #2: Man I'm getting my post count up wit this thread ... might break 3000 ... :whiskey:Let's see, I can fall out of a boat and not worry about rust, put thousands of rounds through it without cleaning it, drop it on concrete without losing half it's value, not lose a fortune if it's stolen. But the main thing is that I put 800 rounds through one in two and a half days at Thunder Ranch without a failure.

perryturner
February 03, 2012, 20:41
http://i41.tinypic.com/1565xrp.gif
Question: Will your Glock be here in 100 years ... :confused: ...At my age (or yours), what the hell does that have to do with anything?:rofl:

emcroy
February 12, 2012, 03:06
Hey Jugs, I love the 1911 as well, one rides on my hip at least 40hrs a week!

I also have love for the Austrian pistol, don't really care for any other auto pistols!

Kolat
February 12, 2012, 04:18
I carry a glock because if I wanted to only carry 7 shots I'd use a revolver.

Closest I got carrying a 1911 was a para P16-40 that I converted to 10mm

T

kayakpirate
February 12, 2012, 08:16
Seen that happen with some of the newer ones, never have seen one of the pre-rail ones rust though.

My old "grey ghost " 1986 Glock 17,as worn as it is,has yet to show any corrision.
My gen 3 Glock 19 has the darker tennifer finish.I was kinda wondering why they even bothered to change what works.
With your input,I'll be keeping a closer eye on the 19.Its the one I carry concealed and probably more likely to aquire rust.

Kyrottimus
February 18, 2012, 22:50
FN has a new striker pistol called the FNS. Feels nice and has very glock-like trigger with insanely short reset. It has a dingus, though. :rolleyes:

By the way, Glock has 3 safeties, not just one. Do the research, it's there.

And if you're feeling bold, chamber a round in a glock and toss it from 300 feet up. It wont discharge when it hits the asphalt. It certainly wont go bang from rattling around in your truck.

You don't have to like it, but don't be afraid of a boogie-man that's not there ;)

Story
June 17, 2012, 11:21

You forgot another target appendage.
http://www.freep.com/article/20120615/NEWS03/120615029/Man-shoots-himself-in-the-penis-in-Birmingham?odyssey=mod|mostview

STGThndr
June 17, 2012, 17:15
vt34 sez:
The stigma on Glocks exists for the same reason so much stigma is set on the AK, so much production and putting them in the hands of unprofessionals.

If Glock is in the same league as the AK, it is in good company indeed.