PDA

View Full Version : SIG Mosquito Feeding Progam

fjnida
January 13, 2012, 09:18
I have an 18 year old daughter that showed an interest in learning to shoot.I bought her a Pink Mosquito that she thinks is really cool. This thing just will not feed properly. Customer service said that it needed to go through a breakin period of about 500 rounds and to use only CCI mini-mags. I have put cose to 1000 rounds trough this thing and I am still having a problem. I changed out the spring. I bought new magizines and still having feeding problems. I like the feel of this pistol and wanted to start my daughter of with a 22 and then move up to a bigger caliber. Do any of you SIG guys have any advice? This is my first SIG and might be my last. By the way the customer service flks where not very helpful and said that it is probally the type of ammo I am using. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.The worst thing is now my daughter is frustratng and starting to loose interest.

ftierson
January 13, 2012, 13:04
The Mosquitos are known to have problems.

I really like the look and the feel of the gun too, but not it's realiability.

As far as I can tell (speaking from some experience), the chances are pretty good that you'll never get it to be really dependable.

I'm not trying to be flip when I recommend that you get rid of it and try something different.

Good luck...

Forrest

wascribner
January 27, 2012, 10:10
I've owned one of these for about 2 years now, and I found that what the folks at Sig told you was true. Mine started operating reliably after about 600 rounds and by using the cci mini-mags, either LR or HP.
I'm up to about 1000 rounds now and I don't have any problems as long as I keep the pistol clean and lubed.
My biggest disappointment with the gun was the cost of extra magazines, but I was able to find some good used ones on this and a few other forums.

The reason I opted for the Sig over the Walther was that my EDC gun is a Sig (SP2340, which is the most reliable pistol I've ever shot) and the Mosquito gave me a similar feel so I can shoot more and spend less.

Best of luck with your daughter. It's always good to see a young person become a responsible shooter.
Bill

fjnida
January 27, 2012, 21:25
Thank for the response. I will keep firing. It just sucks that SIG can't fix he problem or even admit that there is a problem.

dano03
February 01, 2012, 19:52
Hello, Ammunition, Clean and lube properly, and change grip. I am right handed, noticed my right thumb causes the slide stop "upward". Corrected grip and no other failures so far !

Good Luck

Dan