View Full Version : Good deal on kit

January 12, 2012, 21:30
Found a decent price on vz58 kits in various config for $179. Clearview investments has them. Ordered a folding kit with wood furniture. Came in about 1.5 weeks. Very happy with the condition. Looked unissued. Might have to pick up another one soon.

January 19, 2012, 09:28
Not a rifle builder, (as anyone following my FAL posts would know), but I have heard the vz-58 is classified a difficult build, and that the preferred receiver to work with is the Czechpoint/CSA version, as the ORF receivers can be out of spec, and the company is closed, making returns difficult.
Good luck - come over to czfirearms.us to the vz-58 forum if you want, lots of good info plus we have a few different companies with their own subforums.

January 19, 2012, 13:17
Thanks for the info. I've browesed over there before. Definitly some good info. I just bought the kit for spare parts and to get the wood furniture. I've got a Century VZ2008. Would love to get a Czechpoint someday. I've built FALs, Garands, and ARs. The VZ looks complicated with the barrel pressing and such. Don't have the equipment to do that build. Maybe someday though.

January 19, 2012, 15:08
I have a VZ58 kit I bought from Clearview and it's a fantastic kit. The parts look like they were never used. Paint is like it was just sprayed and the bolt looks brand spankin new. He has different types of wood stock sets I believe. Some of the wood/resin mix and some beech wood.
Nice kits for the money.
The receivers that Czechpoint have are about the best you can get.

January 19, 2012, 16:49
It's easier and faster to order an Sa vz.58 from Czechpoint. Unless you have all the tools and knowledge it's a little cheaper to order one as well.

By the time you buy a kit and receiver, then pay an gunsmith to put it together your most likely over the $799. shipped price from Czechpoint.
I received my New rifle in 7 days, it could be several months or more before a gunsmith assembles and ships your completed rifle.:beer:

January 21, 2012, 22:24
Shhh, not so loud, some people here screamed at me for saying the exact same thing. :)

If you like the vz-58, look into the Neit upgrades, as the extended ambi mag release and extended bolt release means you can manipulate all the controls from your trigger finger without even shifting your grip. Makes for fast mag changes.
As for any other vz-58 or vz-61 issues, CzechpointUSA is the bomb, Dan Brown is an awesome and very driven guy, great stuff. He donated some awesome stuff for our big Christmas giveaway, too. :)

January 22, 2012, 10:11
Recently had Czechpoint send me a Vz58, and am saving up for another; seems they are like the FAL in that you can't have just one! I think it's become my favorite rifle.

I've been eye-balling the kits, as I want the wood furniture. The extra parts would be nice too, but it's a shame there's not an outlet for the wood sets alone at sane prices. How nice is the wood stock sets in the kits, for those of you who've bought them?

January 22, 2012, 20:33
the wood i got on my kit was like new. The only issue was on the lower handguard. Looked like it was clamped in a vice when they cut the reciever or something. Nothing major though and looks a heck of a lot better than the bakelight stuff.