PDA

View Full Version : Private Message Mailbox Size

s0b3
January 03, 2012, 23:20
Looks like with the board upgrade, the PM mailbox size got reduced as well. Any plans to restore them to the original sizes or will there be a lot of people deleting PMs to clear out the space?

Jen
January 03, 2012, 23:33
Looks like with the board upgrade, the PM mailbox size got reduced as well. Any plans to restore them to the original sizes or will there be a lot of people deleting PMs to clear out the space?

Bear with me, I haven't gone thru and re-configured everything because we'll be moving in another day or so.

Sig220
January 04, 2012, 00:19
I just took the time to get rid of old stuff and got all my boxes...sent/received/etc to less then 60 messages...from over 300 total!!

Maybe that will help down the road? LOL

s0b3
January 04, 2012, 02:18
Bear with me, I haven't gone thru and re-configured everything because we'll be moving in another day or so.

cool no worries. just wanted to bring it up in case you weren't aware of it.

thanks for the work on the upgrade. the facelift looks nice.

Story
January 05, 2012, 13:45
Jen,
FYI I just tried to clear the bilge out of my box and it won't *delete*.

Jaxxas
January 05, 2012, 14:10
But now that you have the option to back up your PM's, I don't have any need to save many PM's.:D

Story
January 13, 2012, 08:33
Still can't delete PMs. :?

Jen
January 13, 2012, 12:26
Select the checkbox at the right of the messages you want to delete. Go to the bottom of the page at the right and look at the Selected Messages: dropdown box. Change it to delete and then click GO. It should delete the selected messages.

jimmbob
February 09, 2012, 14:34
But now that you have the option to back up your PM's, I don't have any need to save many PM's.:D

Please tell, I'm pewter illiterate pretty much. I've heard you can save pm's on the hard drive but have NO idea where to start. Can't delete them because it's the only memory I have left since my brain started constantly deleting it's own memory. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks:beer:

Jen
February 09, 2012, 15:01
At the very bottom of your PM inbox you'll see the following on the right hand side:

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

This way you can download them in a format you can use - csv if you want to import into excel, text for straight text readable, etc..

jimmbob
February 09, 2012, 17:12
Thanks Jen, I'm making some progress - kinda

I was feeling like a real computer geek being able to download this stuff until I looked at what I downloaded. I downloaded it in XML, CSV and Text to see which is which. None of it is indexed or titles listed - just thousands and thousands of miles of scrolling.

I don't need to bother Jen with my pc illiteracy. I'm self taught and old which makes me an idiot when it comes to this stuff. If someone else could chime in to let me know where I'm screwing up it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:bow:

def90
February 10, 2012, 09:45
Thanks Jen, I'm making some progress - kinda

I was feeling like a real computer geek being able to download this stuff until I looked at what I downloaded. I downloaded it in XML, CSV and Text to see which is which. None of it is indexed or titles listed - just thousands and thousands of miles of scrolling.

I don't need to bother Jen with my pc illiteracy. I'm self taught and old which makes me an idiot when it comes to this stuff. If someone else could chime in to let me know where I'm screwing up it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:bow:

Yes, that is how it will be downloaded, as one big text file. In the text format each message is separated by a line like this:

===========================================

Downloading your messages is just a way to backup old messages that you may want to keep for whatever reason.