PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo K2, early model rear sight

Blain
December 31, 2011, 20:19
Most K2s I have seen have the rear sight with graduations in 2.5 (battle sight zero), 4, 5, and 6. I think this is a perfect combat sighting system, sort of like an improved A1 sight.

However, interestingly enough I just saw what looks like an early model K2 (has the pinned op rod to the bolt carrier). Instead of the normal K2 rear sight graduations, it has the following increments.... 1.2, 3, 4, and 5.

Is anyone familiar with this rear sight? Why does it have such odd increments? Two sight settings for 0 - 300 meters??? Seems like a redundant and wasted design as one battle sight zero of 250, or even 200 would cover both.

And why 120 meters instead of just 100??? Very odd!

dawg180
January 20, 2012, 17:29
Most K2s I have seen have the rear sight with graduations in 2.5 (battle sight zero), 4, 5, and 6. I think this is a perfect combat sighting system, sort of like an improved A1 sight.

However, interestingly enough I just saw what looks like an early model K2 (has the pinned op rod to the bolt carrier). Instead of the normal K2 rear sight graduations, it has the following increments.... 1.2, 3, 4, and 5.

Is anyone familiar with this rear sight? Why does it have such odd increments? Two sight settings for 0 - 300 meters??? Seems like a redundant and wasted design as one battle sight zero of 250, or even 200 would cover both.

And why 120 meters instead of just 100??? Very odd!

1.2 is probably "100 and 200 meters"