PDA

View Full Version : The FIFTY Files forum dead?

Blaster
December 21, 2011, 12:31
Nope, I guess it's just that none of us are doing much with our .50's during the cold Winter months. Oh well, Spring is just around the corner and when the warmer temps return, we'll have to convince the spiders and their offspring to vacate the bores of our .50's. :sleep:

JohnnyReb
December 21, 2011, 19:30
Mine's still unfired, can't find anywhere to shoot it ....

Blaster
December 21, 2011, 19:56
Originally posted by JohnnyReb
Mine's still unfired, can't find anywhere to shoot it ....

JohnnyReb, that's a damn shame. Too bad you don't live as close as I do to the NRA Whittington Center (abt 30 miles from my home). This range is open every day from early AM to early PM, has a 1,000 yard range and welcomes the .50's. Hey, it's good to hear from a fellow .50BMG owner.
:beer:

jaykden
December 22, 2011, 09:04
I'll probably get ba k into loading for mine now that we've got all our deer

riffraff2
December 22, 2011, 18:41
I am lucky. Where I live the Game and Fish Comission shooting range(200yds) allows them.

gates
December 23, 2011, 00:21
Well... there are two problems, a place to shoot it and ammo cost - I reload it but even at $3 per it gets expensive quick - I'm saving what I have for now:-)

EBRfan
December 25, 2011, 13:22
Last fired mine in November at a friends mountain farm. I can shoot it at my local range but it's only 100yds...not all that much fun really. How I long for the days of living out West....

yarro
December 28, 2011, 18:42
Still waiting for enough money to stay in a large enough pile to buy a scope for mine. I have shot it with a set of AR backup sights on it. I got the mount for it at the LaRue range day so one piece left then I have to find somewhere to shoot it more than 100 yards. Also have to buy a press/dies since the one I used to load the handful of rounds I shot moved back to Phoenix with its owner.

-yarro

M2MG
December 28, 2011, 19:56
Originally posted by gates
Well... there are two problems, a place to shoot it and ammo cost - I reload it but even at $3 per it gets expensive quick - I'm saving what I have for now:-)

$3.00 a round? You melting down your silver coins to make projectiles?

I'm still about $.75 a stick, when I find time to roll a few.

Did just make a nice trade though, traded my M2HB and tripod for a Barrett 82 with glass. Not bad, I'm good with the trade, it's not easy finding someone to take a M2HB.

M2MG

one hand clapping
December 29, 2011, 21:55
Shot mine bout four months ago, we have a 300m range. I've just been quiet,cause I've been away and then busy gett'n ready for winter. [ and trying to save up the coin for new glass-nightforce ] so I haven't been by till now for awhile.
I need to spring for a reloader for mine this summer.
OHC