PDA

View Full Version : Woo SBR for Sale

Bubacus
December 14, 2011, 19:52
Not mine, but stumbled upon it in a search. Impact guns has it listed at $1549. I'm just a bit puzzled about that break they have on it though...I'd like see how short the barrel looks at 12" without the brake..

http://www.impactguns.com/data/default/images/catalog/535/DSC_0028-1.jpg

Beautiful preban Daewoo with a 12" barrel and AK flash hider. Overall barrel length 15"". This gun is registered with the ATF as a SBR (short barreled rifle), with a one time tax of $200 and the standard NFA background check.

http://www.impactguns.com/daewoo-maxi-223-rifle-sbr.aspx

s0b3
December 14, 2011, 20:13
looks like an ak style brake.

that's gonna be a hard sell considering someone can buy a k1a1 for $1100-$1200 and get the barrel cut and threaded for not that much more and pay the $200 tax stamp vs paying $1749 for it.

SBRs are always a hard sell since you have to pay the stamp and usually the work to get it to a SBR status doesn't justify the $200 cost.

s0b3
December 14, 2011, 20:20

Ellis
December 14, 2011, 22:17
Am I the only one who thinks the whole SBR thing is a joke? You can't have a 10 inch barrel on an AR15 without registering it and getting a tax stamp, but you can have a 7 inch barrel (pistol) or a 16 inch barrel (carbine) or any combination of barrel and permanently attached flash hider that exceeds 16 inches.
What is so special about those magical middle inches? For that matter, how is it that a 7 inch barrel is ok - UNTIL - you put a forward pistol grip on it? The big objection to pistol caliber machine pistols is their accuracy, aka the "spray and pray", but if you try to improve the accuracy with a pistol grip, oh man you in big trouble. :rolleyes:

I have a pretty good understanding of the firearms laws sand their ridiculous twists and turns but the SBR rules just never make sense no matter how I look at them.

zombie hunter
December 15, 2011, 02:10
Originally posted by Ellis
I have a pretty good understanding of the firearms laws sand their ridiculous twists and turns but the SBR rules just never make sense no matter how I look at them.
My understanding is they originally wanted to ban anything concealable. The general handgun ban got removed, but SBR, SBS, and AOW language intended to punish people for making non-handguns concealable got left in.