PDA

View Full Version : CZ-82

alant
December 10, 2011, 13:06
This is a very well designed service pistol using 9x18mm or 9mm Makarov.

I got mine from AIM Surplus a while back and found it to be a very accurate weapon with good handling qualities. Better than the original Makarov design and Warsaw Pact knockoffs. AIM doesn't have them in stock at the moment.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a6/CZ_82_IMG_1785.JPG/774px-CZ_82_IMG_1785.JPG

Texgunner
December 10, 2011, 14:44
Originally posted by alant
This is a very well designed service pistol using 9x18mm or 9mm Makarov.

I got mine from AIM Surplus a while back and found it to be a very accurate weapon with good handling qualities. Better than the original Makarov design and Warsaw Pact knockoffs. AIM doesn't have them in stock at the moment.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/eos/images/product/cz82a.jpg

+1 My CZ-82 is a very accurate pistol with Fiocchi hollow point 9x18. They are a great gun for the money.

GW870
December 11, 2011, 09:55
:beer:
My wife claimed the first one - only semi she'll shoot without
bitchin' and complainin'.
I had to get a second one so I could call it 'MIME!'

I like the round a lot too - wish there was more U S made.

GW

Wildcat
December 11, 2011, 14:43
Are the sights on yours straight black or do they have white (line/dot) on them?

In the summertime our local range has a weekly steel plate pistol match. The format is lenient enough that people can and do show up with a variety of handguns.

One gent showed up several times with a CZ-82 and impressed some of us with the accuracy he was able to wring out of that comparatively little pistol.

Toward the end of the season, the match would be finishing up at dusk, and we also noticed that the Russian ammo (The powder had that distinctive odor) he was using was interesting: The bullets made sparks when they struck the targets. There were also yellow sparks visible in his muzzle flash.

The gun seemed to hold up well, although at one point it started to sputter. The slide also became tough to rack. When we examined it to try to understand why it wasn't resetting properly, it looked like the disconnector is designed with a steep ramp where it engages the slide to reconnect the lockwork. It wasn't sliding smoothly in the frame. He didn't have much visible lube on the pistol so that might have been part of the the problem.

Its a neat item though.

GW870
December 12, 2011, 09:36
Ours are one dot front, two dot rear.
We've shot mostly Silver Bear, but not under
low light conditions, so I've never noticed any sparks.

Yeah, they are accurate little pistols. I think one of the
reasons my wife likes hers is because she hits what she's
shooting at.

GW

Clyde the Pointer
December 12, 2011, 10:57
I did my ccw pistola course with mine. Nice heavy gun, tracks well, and manageable recoil.

The instructor was impressed with my little eastern european gem.

12 rounds gives a feeling of confidence.

An A+ gat given it's limitations.

1gewehr
December 12, 2011, 11:08
I went ahead and bought two 'cause I knew my wife was going to claim one just like she took my CZ-75 when she first got to shoot it.

JohnnyReb
December 12, 2011, 18:00
A CZ-82 is my carry piece. Great little pistol.

mashed68
December 14, 2011, 00:46
Carried one for many years. Bought a 'hand picked' one from J&G when they got their first batch. Loved it and would have kept it if Kahr PM9's weren't so dam exspensive and I wasen't so dam broke.

alant
December 15, 2011, 05:27
White dot sights here as well. I found Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot works well.

Led
December 16, 2011, 01:09
I have two and love them. They are my most shot pistols. Do your pistol a favor and get an XP recoil spring from wolf. I'm running the heaviest recoil spring wolf offers in both of my 82's and I haven't found any ammo that won't reliably cycle the actions.

Later,
Stephen

Insider
December 16, 2011, 12:37
Originally posted by GW870
:beer:
My wife claimed the first one - only semi she'll shoot without
bitchin' and complainin'.
I had to get a second one so I could call it 'MIME!'

I like the round a lot too - wish there was more U S made.

GW
My wife claimed mine too! What is it with that pistol women like?:eek:

alant
December 16, 2011, 19:54
Originally posted by Insider

My wife claimed mine too! What is it with that pistol women like?:eek: It fits smaller hands well. Plus it's European, and most women have a thing for Europeans.

douglas
January 15, 2012, 12:06
The CZ-82 is my daily carry piece. It is accurate, all steel, hi-cap, reliable, has a good trigger and sights , plus it didn't cost an arm and a leg.
Ammo wise,the 12 rd mag does better that my 5 shot S@W model 49 J-frame that I used to carry around town.
I have been carrying and shooting the CZ for the past year and half without any issues. It
is simple to field strip for a cleaning like my Russian Makarov and my H@K P-7.
Is it perfect...no. Shot placement is criticial due to it's caliber, plus there is no de-cocker and you have to lower the hammer on a loaded chamber which is no biggie.
All in all, it is an excellent off duty weapon that works for me which is the reason that I will always have it on me and not left in the safe with the rest of the toys.

M62/M76
January 22, 2012, 15:40
I want to get one, but all the ones I find, look beat to hell!
I'll keep looking.

kmurphy
January 22, 2012, 19:33
The only thing that I do not like on mine is the mag release button has a lot of play and rattles if you shake the pistol. Not that I bought it for shaking, I understand it is not a maraca. Everything else is great.

Weaseldbw
January 31, 2012, 17:24
I owned a CZ83 for years and loved it. I bought it before they started making them here. Then it was stolen out of my truck at the boat ramp. The dirty little bastards. I recently bought a CZ82 after I got my C&R license. Not being familiar with this model, I didn't keep it long after I shot it. It had the worst trigger slap I've ever felt. I'm talking painful slap. And it was hard to fire double action. Is this common for the 82 or did I get a worn out pistol? I own several makarov models and I love them all. But this one left my sight in a hurry.

GW870
February 01, 2012, 15:10
I dunno , Weasel. I've never before heard anyone yell about
trigger slap. Lots of guys and gals on this board own one or more
and seem to enjoy them a bunch. There's always at least one bad
apple in every crop and it sounds as if you were the unlucky person
to find it. Sorry, man.
I hope you give it another chance with a different specimen.

GW

jerrymrc
February 07, 2012, 21:16
Almost scared to get one. When the group buy (FWRA) mak's came the wife claimed one right off the bat. I know if I buy one I might as well buy two.:uhoh::whiskey:

DFWBob
March 07, 2012, 21:25
For anybody that is interested, AIM and Classic Frearms both have these back in stock.

crcksht
March 11, 2012, 09:46
For those who own both, which do you like better, the CZ-82 or Makarov and why(other than the obvious 4 extra rounds)?

1gewehr
March 11, 2012, 11:09
For those who own both, which do you like better, the CZ-82 or Makarov and why(other than the obvious 4 extra rounds)?

CZ-82. Much more ergonomic, better quality of manufacture (except the E. German Maks), and more pleasant to shoot. Makarovs tend to give me 'love bites' from the hammer.

Texgunner
March 11, 2012, 13:29

CZ-82 by far over my Bulgarian Mak. For the reasons stated above, as well as much more accurate in my hands. I can't hit the side of the barn with the Bulgy Mak; I was shooting holes in bottle caps, offhand, from 20 feet with my 82. That was with Fiocchi hollow-points, the most accurate I've tried in the CZ.

Shoots High
March 11, 2012, 18:22
What about holsters - what are you using for the CZ82?

newuser
March 11, 2012, 19:20
Mine came with an excellent condition Czech police style belt loop holster. Very well made of thick heavy duty leather. I haven't carried the gun in it. It's just a little smaller than a glock 19 so a soft nylon holster in that size should work. It' s a high quality gun and a bargain at just over $200. The Makarov is a good gun also. in both cases, 9mm Makarov is somewhere between 380 and 9mm in power and is little underpowered to be your primary carry gun imo, a lot better than nothing of course.

ROBBO
March 12, 2012, 07:53
I use a triple K holster from Cowboy and shooters supply for the makarov. these guns are about the same dimensions except for the grip, which isn't in the leather anyway. And, if you have a mak you don't need another holster.

Randall
March 12, 2012, 20:01
My .02

The CZ-82 is definitely more refined than a Makarov. Is it better? Well, I guess you have to ask your self "better for what?" Both firearms are great little plinkers. If you have use them in a life and death situation, you'll find them both very reliable.

The Mak has a couple advantages that the CZ-82 doesn't have. First, the Mak is slightly shorter and definitely thinner than the CZ-82. Which means if you're going to carry concealed, its easier to keep it concealed. Your less likely to print carrying a Mak. The Mak will also fit smaller hands better due to it being thinner. In addition. If you have a Bulgarian Mak, it has a decocker safety. A lot of folks really like these. Personally, they give me the whillys. But, a lot of folks really like them.

Now, that being said, the CZ-82's mag release is far superior to the Makarov's. The CZ-82 has an ambidextrous mag release button on the trigger housing. The Mak's magazine release is located at the bottom of the magazine well...directly behind the magazine. It's a simple design...A flat spring with a catch on it. Simple is good. But, not very ergronomic. The CZ-82's safety is also ambidextrous. Big plus for you lefties.

The trigger on my Mak gives me all kinds of slap (though, I only notice it when I'm dry firing). The CZ, on the other hand, is smooooth....with a capital SMOOO. Magazine capacity also goes to CZ.

As far as accuracy goes. I really can't judge much difference between the two. I seem to shoot both equally as well. But, loading the magaziines in a Bulgarian Makarov is a pain in my ass. I don't like it. The CZ...Not so bad.

Now, is the CZ better? Well, it's got nicer stuff. But, the Mak is every bit as rugged, simple, and reliable....Just not as refined. I like 'em both enough to own both.
Randy

alant
May 09, 2012, 17:06
Mine doesn't have any trigger slap.

douglas
May 09, 2012, 20:23
I have both, a Russian Makarov and the CZ-82. Both are in 9x18 Makarov caliber. The Makarov hasn't seen the light of day since I brought the Cz-82 home. I have actually thought of selling / trading off the Makarov, however I hate to sell / trade any of my firearms.

kev
August 20, 2012, 10:05
Recently dove back into these neat little pistola's. Have yet to venture into the 9x18 Makarov chambering, but I added two more .380's to the stable and started to realize how poor my magazine supply was. The .32 has to live with the single mag that came with it(not much of a problem,...............it's just a toy), but the .380's are borderline useful and 8 mags for 4 pistols seemed kinda thin. Good mags for these guns have always been the one sticking point in an otherwise outstanding bargain, but I finally have a decent source. Just got a shipment in from these guys and the mags are excellent and very nicely priced,..................

http://www.karrisguns.com/magazines/pistol-magazines

I've been picking up pretty nice surplus .380's from Coles on GunBroker. That's where my first three came from and my latest two are probably the best condition/cheapest price I've seen. Paid $335 delivered for the latest pair. I've been carefully selecting out the cheaper listings with the 'expectation' of needing a refinish, but so far I haven't gotten one bad enough to need a paint job.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=cz+83&IncludeSellers=979927