PDA

View Full Version : Former Swiss Police P228s

Ssarge
November 19, 2011, 13:33
Does anyone here know the kit of condition the recent import of all German built Swiss P228 are in on average? Are the springs standard or like the P6?

moses
November 21, 2011, 14:29
Not sure about the springs but most of them are carried alot and shot a little.
I wouldn't pay more than $500 for one myself.
I think I got mine for $475 in the first batch that came in.

Buster H
November 28, 2011, 22:42
Who has them?

Ssarge
November 28, 2011, 23:05
Do a search for P228 on gunsamerica.com and they have a bunch in different grades.

W.E.G.
November 29, 2011, 00:10
Bunches of them on Gunbroker.

At those prices the sellers must be real proud of them.

I can think of a lot of used 9mm guns I would rather have for that kind of money.

Don't know how you feel about Smith and Wesson guns.
The used 915's are a real bargain right now.
If I weren't in the do-not-hoard-guns mode, I'd be all over this one.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262052051

evan price
November 29, 2011, 04:02
Originally posted by W.E.G.
Bunches of them on Gunbroker.

At those prices the sellers must be real proud of them.

I can think of a lot of used 9mm guns I would rather have for that kind of money.

Don't know how you feel about Smith and Wesson guns.
The used 915's are a real bargain right now.
If I weren't in the do-not-hoard-guns mode, I'd be all over this one.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262052051

Meh, S&W semis leave me cold. I'm sure they go bang and all but they never did anything to make me want one.

The $250 P6s were a great time for having cash. Wish I had bought more than six of them when Dan's had them.

JohnnyV1966
December 27, 2011, 18:07
Got an email from Wiedeners having SIG P228s in stock at $465. I to think the price is a little high, given it is a likely a Police Trade in and the Economy being in the dumps.

I would also love to have one. I only want one in VG to Excellent condition and don't want to over pay. What do SIG 228s go for on the normal second hand market?

SIGS are nice guns but even so I would hate to over pay given that Money is more valuable than ever.

phillyray
December 28, 2011, 20:01
Originally posted by JohnnyV1966
Got an email from Wiedeners having SIG P228s in stock at $465. I to think the price is a little high, given it is a likely a Police Trade in and the Economy being in the dumps.

I would also love to have one. I only want one in VG to Excellent condition and don't want to over pay. What do SIG 228s go for on the normal second hand market?

SIGS are nice guns but even so I would hate to over pay given that Money is more valuable than ever.

I have a like new German made P228 I bought for $900 w/8 German zipperback mags and a safariland holster. I think new they were around the same price but with only 2 mags.

JohnnyV1966
January 14, 2012, 21:13
Earlier today I was at the Gun Club range and watched a fellow member firing a P228. The gun was a a former Swiss Police Pistol as indicated by a coat of arms on the slides left side. The gun was reliable and fired without a jam, although I was not watching that closely. While I did not shoot the pistol, I was able to handle it and noticed that the slide appeared to have a loose fit. Holster wear on the slide appeared to be somewhat heavy despite the claims by Wideners. Wear on the barrel was indicative of a SIG having fired approximately 5,000-7,000 rounds, judging with my SIG 226 as a example. The P228 was equipped with tritium night sights of unknown manufacturer that glowed brightly . While I did not fire the pistol, the owner found the pistol accurate and thought the pistol to be of SIG quality. She purchased the pistol from Wideners.