PDA

View Full Version : which FAL book?

bp77
November 01, 2011, 23:55
Is this the one to get? I saw alot of talk about a new book but I think this is the most comprehensive version? Correct?

The FAL Rifle
Deluxe Classic Edition, 1993
$149.95
848 pages, 844 illustrations

Pretty sad I have not picked this up after all these years.

Tat2
November 02, 2011, 15:24
Yeah that is the one! I never got one yet either. They used to be like $98 and I am having a hard time paying $149 now..............

But I hear it is a great book. I have many of the publishers other
books and they are well done.

T

MAINER
November 02, 2011, 17:39
It depends. If you want to know the history and development of the FAL, that's the one.

"More on the Fabled FAL" would be a greater asset to you for building, disassembly, variation of parts etc. Much more info on the various parts that go into the FAL than "The FAL Rifle". This is the one I wish I had when I started building from kits.

At $59 right now, I'd grab a copy of "More on the Fabled FAL" and keep a lookout for a deal on the "The FAL Rifle" later. A used copy will likely show up sometime or another.

Abominog
November 03, 2011, 13:46
The FAL Rifle is chock with great information, technical and historical.

More on Fabled FAL is for those who already own FAL Rifle, just a bunch of assorted new information.

If you want to understand how they work and how to assemble FALs get the DVD and book from Arizona Response Systems.

If you just want a cheap book about FALs, get Duncan Long's.

EVR
July 09, 2013, 15:30
Hello fellows.

First post here.

Buy the FAL Rifle.

I do not even own an FAL {lots of other guns, but no FAL} but it is really a superb book for the study of gun designs and history and you will not regret the $$ paid one bit.

MAINER
July 09, 2013, 19:12
www.gunthings.com is a good source for books and usually has the best price.

blackmatt
July 20, 2013, 22:32
There is not a particularly good book for the hobbyist FAL collector like so many of us are. The book that I would like to see--but has yet to be published--is something akin to what FAL FILE member Wayne Johnson wrote for the the FN-49: "The FN-49-- The last elegant old world military Rifle."

Highly recommend this book if you're interested in the FN-49.

Graize
August 20, 2013, 13:51
What is a good book to buy before purchasing an FAL?

One that discusses the basics, like difference between inch and metric.

jimmbob
August 26, 2013, 01:55
It depends. If you want to know the history and development of the FAL, that's the one.

"More on the Fabled FAL" would be a greater asset to you for building, disassembly, variation of parts etc. Much more info on the various parts that go into the FAL than "The FAL Rifle". This is the one I wish I had when I started building from kits.

At $59 right now, I'd grab a copy of "More on the Fabled FAL" and keep a lookout for a deal on the "The FAL Rifle" later. A used copy will likely show up sometime or another.

The FAL Rifle is chock with great information, technical and historical.

More on Fabled FAL is for those who already own FAL Rifle, just a bunch of assorted new information.

If you want to understand how they work and how to assemble FALs get the DVD and book from Arizona Response Systems.

If you just want a cheap book about FALs, get Duncan Long's.

www.gunthings.com is a good source for books and usually has the best price.

Heck, get them all, "More on the fabled FAL" as Mainer says is a good one to have and Brad at www.gunthings.com is the cheapest I've seen. He also has the ARS workbook and DVD (which are the best out there for the FAL) for I think the best price.

Brad don't rape you on shipping like some others:wink:

he he he

tubbgun
May 06, 2014, 19:05
The FAL Rifle
$149.95
Can anyone tell me where to find this book? I would like to have one.
Thanks tubbgun

SAFN49
May 06, 2014, 21:50
The FAL Rifle
$149.95
Can anyone tell me where to find this book? I would like to have one.
Thanks tubbgun

I saw some on Amazon for less than that.

Zach B.
June 14, 2015, 23:34
I have both titles and can say they are great. I like more on the fabled fal for some reason. I wish there was a really in depth book on every aspect of building different fals and sourcing parts. It would be helpful. Just saw a new book on amazon by Robert Cashner called "Fn Fal/SLR owners guide". Looks good.

12gaugemike
June 16, 2015, 08:05
No one word answer...

If you want to learn history of the FAL and learn about differences between
The 90 or so countries versions... The FAL Rifle.

For the "rest of the story" and all the stuff that didn't fit into The FAL Rifle
Then... More on the Fabled FAL

If you want to BUILD/TROUBLESHOOT/REPAIR/ACCURIZE then you must
Have ARIZONA RESPONSE SYSTEMS book the added plus here is it also
Comes on disc.

I must admit I open my copy of The FAL rifle almost weekly, it is the
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITAINICA of the FAL.

A good book will last a lifetime and will never CRASH/JAM

klaus486
June 21, 2016, 12:38
As far as I am concerned THIS is the most useful book for a beginning FAL/SLR owner

http://www.paladin-press.com/product/FN-FAL-SLR-Owners-Guide/Rifles

Chock full of actually useful information regarding all aspects of using our rifles.

Second choice would be "More on the Fabled FAL" from Collector Grade Publication as this has the official assembly/disassembly instructions for the rifles.

The FAL 3 in 1 book from Collector Grade is fantastic if you want to understand the history behind our rifles but is filled with boring dry test result tables. Not exciting reading AT ALL.

Ghost-1
July 10, 2016, 08:36
As far as I am concerned THIS is the most useful book for a beginning FAL/SLR owner

http://www.paladin-press.com/product/FN-FAL-SLR-Owners-Guide/Rifles

Chock full of actually useful information regarding all aspects of using our rifles.

Second choice would be "More on the Fabled FAL" from Collector Grade Publication as this has the official assembly/disassembly instructions for the rifles.

The FAL 3 in 1 book from Collector Grade is fantastic if you want to understand the history behind our rifles but is filled with boring dry test result tables. Not exciting reading AT ALL.

Thanks for that info I am new to the FAL and I just found this book brand new on Ebay for $20.00 shipped.