PDA

View Full Version : 22LR Ammo Sale- Sold Out

ephv
October 15, 2011, 21:51
Excellent price at Cabella's----- plus $5 shipping with $150 order.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Federal-Champion-22-LR-375-Round-Value-Pack-Ammunition/1257366.uts?WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

gunnut1
October 16, 2011, 03:46
Just ordered 6 boxes. If you choose in store pickup, there are no shipping charges!

ephv
October 16, 2011, 11:48
I ordered 16 to get the $5 shipping. I figure they will be great gifts. I have used Federal for years because of the copper coat on the bullet. It helps stop feeding jams like the plain lead bullet suffers at times.

Also, the slight nick the soft lead bullet receives as it enters the chamber causes impact drift. The copper stops the nick and gives me more consistent groups.

This price is much better than China-Mart. May as well stock up. Could be the currency of the 21st Century.

Sig220
October 16, 2011, 12:58
While these are a decent price app. 2.6 cents a round, Walmart has the 555 packs of Winchester for 15.97 or app. 2.8 cents a round. They are copper coated as well. No waiting or shipping... get them with your milk :)

A recent range session with them did not reveal any failure to fire and they shot very well in both a old Ranger 101 rifle and a HS revolver.

Don't forget to give a range report on the Federal as surely someone would be interested in it!! I am building up my supply of .22 after learning not to store them down low, unprotected in a flood. The new purchases will be in ammo cans with the gaskets!!!

gunnut1
October 16, 2011, 14:23
During the ammo shortage, I did not have but maybe 1 or 2 bricks of .22. I was talking to a friend and the subject of .22 rimfire came up. He asked if I was stocking up and I answered "No, why should I? .22 will always be around." he answered with this. "That is probably true but you can't reload .22". I started stocking up.

Sig220
October 16, 2011, 15:26
Yep, in the old days I would buy anytime I could get a brick of 500 for .02 or less best prices were usually $9.00 a brick and good prices were $10 a brick.

When I look at that way, .22 prices have not jumped in price near as much as..........well 7.62........by 39 or by 51mm!!!!

The best deal I got on .22 shells were when a "woolco" store closed its doors and I could get CCI Minimags for .01 each in the plastic treys. I still have a bunch of those....and they have always been stored in a military can. What I lost were bricks and bricks of the old Federal lightening and Remington thunderbolt I had stacked in a military footlocker :( I still have a few bricks to check...I open a box and try them....if they fail to fire....the whole brick goes in the trash can!!

gunnut1
October 16, 2011, 19:40
Actually, the best buy I ever got on .22 ammo was when I was a kid. Dad ran a neighborhood grocery store and stold ammo. My .22 was free! I still have the display case he kept it in! The winchester slide action rilfe I shot it with is being restored!

ephv
October 16, 2011, 19:41
OUCH!

Surely FEMA would help cover the cost-:p

Sig220
October 16, 2011, 20:00
Originally posted by ephv
OUCH!

Surely FEMA would help cover the cost-:p

Naaa, exceeded my coverage before I ever got to the ammo. But the claim was under my flood coverage!! :)

Blackmore
October 17, 2011, 07:56
Hmmm? I wonder if you order enough will they include some of their nifty plastic ammo cans that they usually include with bulk ammo purchases?

jugrunner
October 17, 2011, 15:49
I can't (wont) shoot the copped plated in my old High Standard 103 ... creates a jam O matic ... fouls the bore terribly ... also these are high velocity ... another no-no for some of the older target pistols ...

nice price ... may get some for my speedmaster ... :bow: ... thanks for the "heads up" ...