PDA

View Full Version : AR15 FCG compatability

erikd65
September 29, 2011, 16:01
Since I am putting a new stock and PG on my new daewoo, I need to change out the FCG to comply with 922r. I was thinking of getting a DPMS FCG kit and using that. Will that work or do I need something else?

s0b3
September 29, 2011, 20:08
Originally posted by erikd65
Since I am putting a new stock and PG on my new daewoo, I need to change out the FCG to comply with 922r. I was thinking of getting a DPMS FCG kit and using that. Will that work or do I need something else?

most ar15 FCGs will work, not sure about the one piece drop ins like chip mccormick but any standard one or a rock river arms 2 stage will work.

dpms one would work, it won't be the best or give you noticeable difference over the factory one but it's cheap and will get you compliant. remember to reuse the daewoo axis pins as the ar15 ones are too short.

Ellis
November 10, 2011, 12:15
That RRA trigger setup is pretty pricey - $120 to $180 depending on which one we're talking about. Is there something a bit more reasonable?

s0b3
November 10, 2011, 12:31
Originally posted by Ellis
That RRA trigger setup is pretty pricey - $120 to $180 depending on which one we're talking about. Is there something a bit more reasonable?

you can get a standard single stage ar15 trigger group. those run around $45. but for a 2 stage, expect to spend over $100.

Ellis
November 10, 2011, 14:18
What is the difference between the two?

s0b3
November 10, 2011, 18:40
What is the difference between the two?

single stage is one consistent pull until it break. 2 stage is more for competition, the first stage is really light takeup, then the second stage will be where it breaks.

N4KVE
November 16, 2011, 00:24
Right now, US made AR mags are real cheap. Matter of fact aren't just about all AR mags US made? Just use them & forget having to change your FGC. GARY N4KVE

s0b3
November 16, 2011, 01:59
even with US mag magazines, you're still 2 parts short of 922r:

You would have these US made parts
(15) Buttstocks *
(16) Pistol grips *
(18) Magazine bodies *
(19) Followers *
(20) Floorplates *

But that still leaves 12 imported parts. you could change out the muzzle device but you'd still be 1 item short. i guess you could do with stormwerkz handguard and flash hider and that will get you compliant.

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings *
(2) Barrels *
(3) Barrel extensions*
(5) Muzzle attachments *
(6) Bolts *
(7) Bolt carriers *
(8) Operating rods*
(9) Gas pistons *
(11) Triggers *
(12) Hammers *
(14) Disconnectors *
(17) Forearms, handguards *

MK ULTRA
November 17, 2011, 06:22
Originally posted by erikd65

Why??

Wernt Dad Woo's imported before 1989??

I thought they were. Ive heard of them forever.

MK ULTRA
November 17, 2011, 06:28
What kind of barrel extension does a woo have??

If it don't have one you take off the list. That leaves 11 and you just need 6 parts.
Just sayin.

s0b3
November 17, 2011, 13:13
Originally posted by MK ULTRA

Why??

Wernt Dad Woo's imported before 1989??

I thought they were. Ive heard of them forever.

the dr-200 and dr-300 were imported with the thumbhole stock to meet the sporting firearms requirements.

s0b3
November 17, 2011, 13:14
What kind of barrel extension does a woo have??

If it don't have one you take off the list. That leaves 11 and you just need 6 parts.
Just sayin.

it does have a barrel extension, it's a proprietary one.

MK ULTRA
November 17, 2011, 22:40
So what is a muzzle extension??

A muzzle attachment is a muzzle brake or flash hider.

Usually barrels are one piece except for the brake.

Just wondered.

s0b3
November 18, 2011, 00:57
So what is a muzzle extension??

A muzzle attachment is a muzzle brake or flash hider.

Usually barrels are one piece except for the brake.

Just wondered.

where do you see muzzle extension?

you are correct, muzzle attachments would be brakes or flash hiders.

a barrel for ar15s and daewoos are threaded on the chamber end and a barrel extension has to be put on or else you can't put it on the upper.

this image hopefully explains this a little better

#7 is the barrel extension and is put on the barrel and headspaced.

http://www.parts4ar15.com/images/parts/Barrel-Replacement.jpg

here's another pic

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/barrel_extension_and_pin.jpg

Ellis
December 08, 2011, 21:04
I've continued looking into installing the new FCG, and I've seen plenty of them that say "small pin" or "large pin", with some dimensions I haven't bothered to copy yet. What are the pins they're referring to? Do these pin dimensions affect Daewoo owners or not?

s0b3
December 08, 2011, 22:09
I've continued looking into installing the new FCG, and I've seen plenty of them that say "small pin" or "large pin", with some dimensions I haven't bothered to copy yet. What are the pins they're referring to? Do these pin dimensions affect Daewoo owners or not?

so colt made some civilian AR15s w/ oversized fire control pins to keep us from turning them into machine guns. :rolleyes:

the daewoo will use the small pin, standard pin, or milspec pin. you will reuse your axis pins anyways since the receiver is wider than the ar15 one.