PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my DR200

jarhead85
September 11, 2011, 12:58
Check out my WOO................. woohoo!!!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/lariatdrvr/dr2001.jpg

Love these guns. This is my 6th woo.
Had 2 of the para models K1, MAX1? Anyway the shorty versions, back in the late 80's. Like a dumb **s, I sold them to buy a car, that I no longer have.
But I still have the box for one though.
This one is still a work in progress. Want to find a better flash hider. The A1 is OK but want something abit more modern. And I have to refinish it.
Just waiting till I get all the stuff done to it before I get to that stage.

StormWerkz
September 12, 2011, 15:59
Nice !
pretty nice profile with those hand guards

Ellis
September 23, 2011, 21:20
Definitely. Are those original steel guards, or the black krinkle finish ones Federal and TAPCO were selling a few years back? I can't tell from the pic.

jarhead85
September 23, 2011, 21:27
They are black plastic. Don't remember where they came from but I had to do some work to them to get them to fit. Dremels come in handy...

Ellis
September 23, 2011, 21:30
I remember ordering them - I think it was TAPCO - and I was disappointed at the fit on my FAL. They didn't join up properly on the top seam. I ended up getting rid of them the same day. Now I wish I had kept them. I have a set of steels in my spare Imbel kit, but those things are as good as cash... not the kind of thing I want to carve up to use on the DR200.

Scott V2
September 24, 2011, 04:41
Originally posted by Ellis
I remember ordering them - I think it was TAPCO - and I was disappointed at the fit on my FAL. They didn't join up properly on the top seam. I ended up getting rid of them the same day. Now I wish I had kept them. I have a set of steels in my spare Imbel kit, but those things are as good as cash... not the kind of thing I want to carve up to use on the DR200.

I have a set of the plastic ones I will sell you for $23 shipped. They are identical to the ones in picture. PM me if interested.

Ellis
December 29, 2011, 16:59
Originally posted by jarhead85
They are black plastic. Don't remember where they came from but I had to do some work to them to get them to fit. Dremels come in handy...

I picked up a set of those Tapco guards, so could you describe where you ground off material, and what Dremel bit you used?

aardq
December 29, 2011, 19:32
Hey jarhead, +1 on what Ellis asked on the mods for the handguards.

Thanks,
Dan