PDA

View Full Version : glock 21c opinions

September 09, 2011, 13:57
the 21c (compensated) is callin my name, anyone have actual experience with one? i am lookin for outdoor / self defense pistola with some target shootin on the side. thanks

gates
September 13, 2011, 01:36
No experience with that specific model but I had a 23c (already had a 23) - got rid of it - ruins your night vision if you touch one off after dark - in a SD situation it would be... less than optimal - that said, you could always buy a non ported bbl for it for CC.

whirlibird
September 13, 2011, 19:23
If you want it, get it.

If the porting becomes an issue, factory barrels are cheap as are aftermarket ones with conventional rifling.

Personally I've only been "blinded" by one gun over the years, and that was a .357 wheelgun with hunting loads.

Conventional defense ammo today is loaded with flash inhibitors that take much of the flash away. And considering you'll never be firing in complete darkness, flashlight, ambient light, headlights, etc.

Personally I like compensators, they make many of the hot loads quite manageable. I've owned a fair number of comped guns and would carry them into any situation, defensive, hunting or whatever. The additional control factor more than makes up for potential 'blindness'.

One thing to remember about compensators, the more pressure (gas) the better they work. Those 185gr +P loads that come close to 10mm statistics become quite manageable.

caLvinkyle
September 16, 2011, 00:11
Are they gonna manufacture new glocks? and make some changes?

:fal:

Deltaten
September 19, 2011, 15:10
A fella I usta shoot with had one that I ran for half a match. Longslide/ported; if that's the same deal?

Other than being a bit...really, only a bit.... front heavy and an inch or so longer; it was *almost* the same as the standard that he usually ran. With hot ot original loads, it would be more than satisfactory...for comp. Bear in mind. a comp works best with mo' gas, hotter loads and heavy springs. A lot to balance out; but once it's working...OMG! sweet! 9mm feels like a .22 and a 10 runs like a downloaded .38S on speed :D

As a CCW/ HD piece? I dunno; but it shore would stay on target doing triples! ;)

Maine1
November 15, 2011, 01:18
Long time 21 user. Ports are not really needed, bleed velocity, screw with night vision. The 21 is a damn fine weapon, you will love it.

ProtectYourself
February 23, 2012, 14:05
Long time 21 user. Ports are not really needed, bleed velocity, screw with night vision. The 21 is a damn fine weapon, you will love it.

Based on your experienced ownership I think I may test it out and see how it works... thanks for your post! :bow:

homelandprotector
February 23, 2012, 18:42
Don't mess around with the 45., Go for the cannon model >> http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325495

Kyrottimus
February 23, 2012, 22:48
Ported .45ACP? Really? If you're shooting super-hot loads through it I'd get a regular 21 and stick a +2# or +4# recoil spring in it.

It's not like it's in the power-range of a 10mm or anything. A regular .45ACP Ball round has the same Muzzle Energy as a 124gr 9mm Luger (124gr 9mm @ 1150fps ~365ft/lbs vs. 230gr .45ACP @ 845fps ~365ft/lbs). Not talking about any +P's here.

If anything, the 9mm reaches pressure-spike faster so the .45ACP will have a milder sights-on-target return than the 9mm shooting 124gr loads.

Timber Wolf
February 24, 2012, 08:05
As a CCW/ HD piece? I dunno; but it shore would stay on target doing triples! ;)

Triples? We don't need no stinkin' triples! We are talking big bore power here! You know, starts with a "4" and stuff. Shoot him in the pinkie and make him fall down and other myths of stopping power. I sold my old G21 but would like to fondle/shoot a new G21SF. I still have my old G20 and have recently geared up to reload so it may actually get shot. Doubles maybe, but no triples for the mighty 10!

spider991
February 24, 2012, 10:16
I got a21 sf I carry everyday,perfect handgun for what I need...screw the ported stuff, with. 45acp it does little for it. The Glock 21 doesn't kick much anyway,very controllable

VALMET
March 05, 2012, 10:13

Everything he said.