PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Feeding problems

fjnida
July 31, 2011, 21:24
I have a Glock 21 that I picked up as a police trade in. The gun is in pretty nice shape with only very minor holster wear. I field striped it and gave it a good over all cleaning. I paid $290 for it , and thought it would be a great fun as a shooter in 45 acp. I took it to the range and to my surprise after the first shot is fired the slide remains back in the locked position just like it would if it were empty after the last shot. A buddy of my was with me and he had purchased one of these guns also and his fires flawlessly. I thought maybe a mag problem but does this with my spare mag as well as my buddy's 2 mags as well. So has any of you Glock guys ever seen this and what might the problem be? I would appreciate and help you could give me.
Thanks Fred.

kychas
August 01, 2011, 21:30
remove the slide lock lever http://glockstore.com/images/magick_cache/category_361_image_120x120_.jpg and see if still happens.
if there is something wrong with it, with it removed it will prove if it was the problem or not.
the other thing to try is to remove the main spring and barrel and put the slide back on and slide it back and forth, if there is something dragging it will show up, then put the barrel back in and try to move it and see if it drags again, then put the spring back in and try it again.
there is only so many things that can hold the slide back.

kotengu
August 01, 2011, 22:15
Where in earth did you find a G21 for $290?!? I want one...

big dee
August 01, 2011, 22:46
I'm thinking maybe the slide lock lever is not properly installed and has no tension. Check if it feels like there's no spring tension on it.

tothemax
August 02, 2011, 19:32
Originally posted by big dee
I'm thinking maybe the slide lock lever is not properly installed and has no tension. Check if it feels like there's no spring tension on it.

This. I installed one the wrong way on a g19 and it did the same thing.

fjnida
August 02, 2011, 21:03
Thanks Guys for the info. I think it is the slide stop. The is no tension on it. My neighbor is a firefighter at a local city.The police dept is purchased new Sigs, so they sold them internally within the city departments. He ask me if I wnted one for $290.00. Funny thing is that this gun on the outside looks to be in about 85-90% of the original finish. My neighbor brought it over to the house and we took it right away to the back to shoot it where I have a backstop set up for shooting , and thats when the problem was detected. I field striped and was shocked to see how filthy this weapon was. I don't this gun was ever cleaned since the day it as new. Strange that this person would treet a weapon that may save is life with such disreguard. Thanks everyone for your help. Good people on the files. Thks Again .
Fred

Timber Wolf
August 03, 2011, 09:45
Originally posted by fjnida
My neighbor is a firefighter at a local city.The police dept purchased new Sigs, so they sold them internally within the city departments. He asked me if I wanted one for $290.00.

Gives you some idea of what they were offered as far as trade-in value doesn't it? I work for a local City Government and I can tell you with certainty that I will NEVER see any kind of offer like this!:( :( :(

sf46
August 08, 2011, 23:15
Originally posted by kotengu
Where in earth did you find a G21 for $290?!? I want one...

No lie, I'd buy one for that price.

fjnida
August 10, 2011, 20:25
Replaced the slide lock lever( just got the part yesterday) and took it out back to my range. She funtioned beautifully. I loaded up some lead 200 grain wad cutters, Hollow points, and FMJ and she worked flawlessly. Thank you guys for your help. I do appreciate the guys on this site. I have always got great advice when I built my first Fal as a newbe. Always got good and honest advice from very knowageable gun guys.I just have to get used to the grip angle on this Glock as I am used to shooting my Colt 1911's.
Again Thanks Guys

STGThndr
August 20, 2011, 01:42
fjnida sez:
I just have to get used to the grip angle on this Glock as I am used to shooting my Colt 1911's.
I sez: There ya go... another one bites the dust!

Ive fired a number of old, beaten, built and rebuilt 1911s, some not so great.. but still functioning. I wonder how many Glocks will be functioning after similar circumstances in 100 years? I dunno, just sayin.

mdlmkr 7.62
August 23, 2011, 20:49
Originally posted by fjnida
Replaced the slide lock lever( just got the part yesterday) and took it out back to my range. She funtioned beautifully. I loaded up some lead 200 grain wad cutters, Hollow points, and FMJ and she worked flawlessly. Thank you guys for your help. I do appreciate the guys on this site. I have always got great advice when I built my first Fal as a newbe. Always got good and honest advice from very knowageable gun guys.I just have to get used to the grip angle on this Glock as I am used to shooting my Colt 1911's.
Again Thanks Guys

200 gr wadcutters? As in lead wadcutters? AFAIK shooting lead non jacketed bullets in a Glock with a polygonal rifled barrel is a no no.

Anyone else heard of this?

buddiiee
September 09, 2011, 01:46
No.