PDA

View Full Version : MSAR STG5564 What do you think

PASHOOTER
July 29, 2011, 04:29
I am concidering buying one. What is the quality like and what should I look for when buying one.

lawdog
July 29, 2011, 12:40
Man, there is so much buzz on the internet about MSAR's imminent departure from the rifle market that it's hard to sort the bullshit.

There are many reported instances of MSAR's customer service having dropped off to non-existent. There are also reports of the rifles being in short supply due to MSAR no longer producing the rifles and having had their leased CNC machines repossessed or just not renewed.

It is enough to give one the heebie jeebies about buying a rifle that potentially won't be supported with parts or service.

I would urge caution and alot of homework before you buy the rifle.

I own an STG556. Had I known 2 years ago what I know now, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

According to the fools on Arfcom, MSAR filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on July 13.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/347906_MSAR_Filed_Capter_11_July_13__2011.html

PASHOOTER
July 29, 2011, 13:54
Thanks, that takes care if that. Another US company mismanaged.

Squint
July 29, 2011, 19:05
I just got my STG556 back from UPS tonight. Had a return authorization that was two months old before I could manage to ship the rifle to MSAR. UPS said that Microtech was no longer at the location I shipped to (the supposedly new place in NC.)

olgier
July 29, 2011, 19:11
great. I sent them my extractor a few weeks ago, and they have not returned my email asking if they have recieved it yet.