PDA

View Full Version : Blast

V guy
July 16, 2011, 12:00
I have shot my buddies Barretts as much as I want to.
His M2 semi is much more pleasant.

I have to admit that the Barrett muzzle blast hits me in the nose, like I got punched. After 5 rounds I have had enough. Believe me, I have been punched in the nose plenty. Maybe that is my trouble--still broke and sensitive.

I watched the Barrett show on History last night and it appears that everybody gets socked in the face by the rear directed muzzle blast.
Any suggestions? Face mask?

L Haney
July 16, 2011, 12:37
Four foot, 25 pound barrel. Not much comes back from those. Will lay down the grass in front for 30 feet though. Heh.

rotty
July 16, 2011, 18:52
I don't feel that with mine, now if you're off to the side or to my 7 or 5 o'clock or general areas you WILL feel it.

Blaster
July 16, 2011, 19:29
Don't recall the exact brand of .50BMG rifle or which muzzle brake it was but I recall seeing a spectator stand just a few feet behind and either slightly left or right of the shooter and the spectator's cap got knocked of his head by the blast. He moved quickly after that shot.:uhoh:

When I am shooting my AMAC .50 down at Whittington, Raton, I always alert my fellow shooters on the adjoining benches that I am ready to touch off a .50BMG round so protect your ears and so many of those shooters seem to give me a look - "so what", but they will quickly grab for their hearing protectors for successive shots.:eek:

EBRfan
July 16, 2011, 22:19
Originally posted by V guy
I have to admit that the Barrett muzzle blast hits me in the nose, like I got punched.

:biggrin: The first time I shot mine I reached up to my forehead expecting blood. I took off my glasses and looked at them, as I was sure the scope must have hit them. Nope. Just back blast.

Fun, isn't it! :devil:

gates
July 17, 2011, 23:31
Depends on which B you are shooting - the 82 does not do that IMO.