PDA

View Full Version : 50 shooters get in here!

rotty
July 13, 2011, 22:57
Just wanted to try to get some discussion and pics going, I have an ALS .50 (updated bolt) love it! I will post pics from home later, I reload for mine as well, anything I can do to help 50 shooters out I can, I was also a member of the fcsa for several years.
So let's hear about those 50's and see them too!

Mint
July 15, 2011, 16:20
Just to try to keep things rolling, I figure I'll share my .50 reloading experiences. I bought the Lee Classic Cast press and the Lee die set for use in my State Arms gun. I primed on the press, and I had very good luck with WC 872 surplus 20 mm cannon powder. I used FMJ surplus projectiles, and as long as I sorted them by weight I had no problem keeping them within MOA out to 200, which is as far as I can really shoot here on Long Island. I did buy a box of the 750 grain Hornady Amax bullets, but I was happy with the surplus, so I never bothered with them.
I also bought the RCBS electronic powder measure and scale combo for dispensing the charges, since it was only a little more money than a dedicated .50 powder dumper, and I could and still do use it for other calibers.

jaykden
July 15, 2011, 16:31
i'll post photos of my Anzio later on...

rotty
July 15, 2011, 16:50
I use the lee set up as well with the rcbs combo, works great! I have about 200pcs of each ap and api to load up, right now I am using 5010 powder for my plinking loads, for my match loads I use the amax and h50bmg, with my match loads I am at about 1/2 moa at 200yds right now : )

Correlia
July 15, 2011, 17:31
What cost per round do you think you are at by reloading?

rotty
July 15, 2011, 17:41
About $1.70 for plinking ammo, about $2.60 for my match loads

K. Funk
July 15, 2011, 20:23
Over time, I have accumulated the Hornady press, the Forster trimmer, CH4D dies and de-burr tool, CH4D primer pocket swager and the Lee re-size die. I have quite a collection of spotter tracer, tracer, AP, API APIT, incendiary and ball projectiles. I have plenty of powder, primers and brass. Now I just have to get set up and loading. I need to get some data on the actual bullet weights by type and then load data by type. I'll get there.

krf

rotty
July 16, 2011, 18:49
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/krotty/50fal.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/krotty/50fal2.jpg

MY ALS with my 18" FAL carbine for size comparison.