PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy surplus 7.62x25

lonewolfmcquade
June 29, 2011, 02:28
I am in desperate need of a hand full of rounds for my CZ-52. Any got a lead on some good surplus.

Thomas99
June 29, 2011, 09:16
It seems to have disappeared for some unknown reason. SOG had it listed in their recent catalog, but none actually available. Very puzzling.

BIG 54R
July 04, 2011, 10:49
It seems milsurp has dried up but wolf and s&b has commercial available and you can sometimes find winchester white box if you look hard enough.

Reloading may be an option but the brass is pricey.

Or you can wait till the vendor's find the ubiquitous "just found at back of storeroom mega pallet of 7.62x25!!!"

It's a popular round right know because of all the AR uppers and tt and cz pistols not to mention smg's so I suspect it's been pulled off the shelves to maybe drive prices up a little.

I think it'll make a come back at a higher price point in the very near future...
at least I hope like all HELL it does!!!:cry: :shades:

jerrymrc
July 04, 2011, 20:21
Knew this was coming.
Supplies
7.62x25
Yugo=1400
Romy=1000
Bulgy=4700
Privy= 4400
:beer:

homelandprotector
July 19, 2011, 02:04
Originally posted by jerrymrc
Knew this was coming.
Supplies
7.62x25
Yugo=1400
Romy=1000
Bulgy=4700
Privy= 4400
:beer:
If memory serves...you have a FAL that shoots that stuff, hot rod Fal carbine. :love:

jerrymrc
July 22, 2011, 20:12
Originally posted by homelandprotector

If memory serves...you have a FAL that shoots that stuff, hot rod Fal carbine. :love:

All 6lbs of it. :biggrin: It was about 5-1/2 but I added the scope mount and red dot. Now using the PPS41 mags it is reliable and fun to shoot but a pain to clean.

MetalMan52
July 23, 2011, 01:24
One thing folks forget, surplus ammo isn't an unlimmited supply. Once it's expended, it's gone. Purchase it when you can for a good price.
The question is, when is it gone or are importers sitting on wharehouses full waiting for a better price/profit?
I bought a lot when it was cheap and would buy more if the price was right, I love this round. I just won't pay the going price.
Pat

BIG 54R
August 03, 2011, 21:55
Originally posted by MetalMan52
[B].....I bought a lot when it was cheap.....

Hey MM since you bought so much and it's weighing you down I'll take a couple thousand or 3 off your hands...you know, just to lighten your load some!...:p :D

jerrymrc
August 11, 2011, 21:39
Originally posted by BIG 54R

Hey MM since you bought so much and it's weighing you down I'll take a couple thousand or 3 off your hands...you know, just to lighten your load some!...:p :D

I have to say that when I found my carbine shot the 1953 bulgy better than the Romy I bought. Split necks and all. Then the Privy was a little more but shot better and brass to match the Romy I bought. Should have bought more.

My list shows after shooting the privy for the last two years. I need to shoot the bulgy up first and for plinking and save the good stuff for later. The Privy is much cleaner in a blowback application than the rest.

I guess I do need to see what the 52 likes as well. :rolleyes: At 10 cents a round (or less) I should have bought more but when 7.62X54r was 7 cents a round I bought a little as well. :beer: