PDA

View Full Version : Correct Bayonet for the BGS kits

Rudigar
June 05, 2011, 15:17
Could someone post a pic or Link of the correct Bayonet used for the BGS Rifles.

I'd like to make sure I'm looking for the right one.

Thanks,
Rudigar

L/FN
June 05, 2011, 18:58
The long Belgian f-hider uses a Type B bayonet as shown in the pic on Post #16 on this thread:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=78800

They run around $ 500.00 or so.
Good luck.

Larry

Rudigar
June 05, 2011, 19:10
Thanks......

Rats!...........................

def90
June 14, 2011, 18:09
The bayonet above would be correct for the flash hider and the lug but the Germans never issued a bayonet with their early BGS models or the later G1 model. So technically no bayonet is correct.. :D

Brian in MN
June 14, 2011, 22:01
Originally posted by def90
The bayonet above would be correct for the flash hider and the lug but the Germans never issued a bayonet with their early BGS models or the later G1 model. So technically no bayonet is correct.. :D

Technically, you don't know what you are talking about. Larry is correct.

def90
June 14, 2011, 22:17
I would love to see a BGS or a G1 bayonet other than the Turkish creations.. The Stevens book even states that the Germans intended no bayonets were to be used in the Bundeswehr.

goosebrown
June 14, 2011, 22:53
I think Def90 is correct. I have never seen a BGS bayonet or seen one in any of the many training films. I have never seen a BGS marked bayonet or even a BW bayonet for the G1. With 100,000 rifles there should have been even a few bayonets showing in the pics or in some store somewhere.

I have also seen many references to the Germans specifically NOT issuing a bayonet for their FNs.

All the original photos from their training materials also don't have bayonets mentioned or shown. Of course if they were issued they would be as L/FN said the early Belgian models.

denny
June 15, 2011, 00:03
I believe Larrys value is a bit low - Last one I saw go - a couple years ago went for about $650.00 or a bit more.
A South African police is more in the $400.00 to $500.00 range.
Denny