PDA

View Full Version : Stolen fal kits in fl

blazer001
May 31, 2011, 14:41
I had my house broken into and two kits stolen while i was gone for the weekend a stg kit 122816 and an argy kit 01361, if anyone happens to see these kits please let me know, I would like the kits back but more than anything I want the guy that did it.

rvans
May 31, 2011, 14:50
hope you can catch this scum.

gobbler
May 31, 2011, 14:57
Contact all your local gun & pawn shops.....that is where they'll be shortly. Hope you catch them.

gobbler

cbr954fz1
May 31, 2011, 15:05
also check for gun shows coming up, just in case they looking at a quick sale... :mad: :mad: cbr..holy smokes your close by...i'm in palm bay, you're beachside..make sure you call that sally's pawn shop..

warsteiner_1970
May 31, 2011, 15:07
Go to your local gun stores and take your serial numbers to show them , print them off a copy, and to your local gun show as well..Hope you catch em and cut their nuts off..:)..I will be looking for them online..Jim

olgier
May 31, 2011, 15:15
What else did they take?

Dirt1042
May 31, 2011, 15:17
That's a good question.... did they take everything or were your kits targeted?

goosebrown
May 31, 2011, 15:37
Gotta think that if the kits were targeted, one the pool of people will be small that wanted them and that it is likely someone you know.

def90
May 31, 2011, 15:42
Originally posted by goosebrown
Gotta think that if the kits were targeted, one the pool of people will be small that wanted them and that it is likely someone you know.

Thieves tend to be dumb.. They were probably sitting out in plain view and they looked like guns so why not.. I have a client that had his home broken into and they went through the trouble of removing audio video equipment from a commercial grade rack so they actually had to spend the time to unscrew shelves to get it out when the racks were in a closet next to a wine cellar full of $1000 bottles of wine.

IRONWORKER
May 31, 2011, 15:48
Hope you get em' back bro....... I know just how you feel, i had a like new (minus worn finish) STG58 stolen from me back in the 90s - I JUST got it back from being built by Big Dan Richardson when some SHITBAG stole it outta my work truck....... I still think about that rifle at least once a week :sad:

Cliff M
May 31, 2011, 15:54
Originally posted by cbr954fz1
also check for gun shows coming up, just in case they looking at a quick sale... :mad: :mad: cbr..holy smokes your close by...i'm in palm bay, you're beachside..make sure you call that sally's pawn shop..
A local gun show is where one of my stolen guns showed up. No help from the detective that was investigating the burglary. Good luck getting your property back.

cbr954fz1
May 31, 2011, 16:07
thats my greatest fear ..someone breaking in and stealing my stuff..:rolleyes: even w/a home alarm, i worry but i keep 4 dobermans as my backup plan:) i spend the$$ on dogfood and bullets:D ..cbr:fal:

4 brigada
May 31, 2011, 16:12
That sucks, but check craigslist and GB. If it was anything else check evilbay too

Mark IV
May 31, 2011, 16:42
Was that you?!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, even though I'm in Michigan, I'll keep my eyes peeled at the gun show. Check gunbroker and other auction websites, maybe they'll pop up.

blazer001
May 31, 2011, 16:45
They took every thing in the house worth more than a 100 bucks all my tools a computer I had most of my guns in a safe but they got 2 870's and a smith and wesson22 none of them have come up at the pawn shops yet

TMcG54
May 31, 2011, 18:18
Grrrrrrrrrr....... I hate thieves, hope you catch up with your stuff. I had a dirtbike stolen from me 6 years ago and it still bugs the bejesus outta me. I am always worried about gettin robbed.....scumbag mofos'
I'll keep my eyes peeled while surfing the net -

machanic
May 31, 2011, 18:27
Kind of closing the doors after the horses have run away, but consider a couple of Game Cameras at points of axcess, they are cheep, print date and time and take pictures covertly, good security!! Oh and they come in handy during hunting season:smile:

blazer001
May 31, 2011, 19:16
Good idea with the game camera, better than my idea of Bobbie trapping the house lol

harleyrider
May 31, 2011, 19:34
Damn bastards! Hope you get your stuff back!

Guess I need to put some of my stuff away. I have several kits sitting out in plain sight as I work a little on each one as parts become available.

HR

ETA, I hate getting my stuff stolen also. One of my Harleys got pinched a number of years ago. After some wrangling with my insurance company, I did receive fair compensation, but it took a long time to find an acceptable replacement & build it into shape to replace the stolen bike. I have no use for shithole scumbag thieves. Hope they catch the ones who robbed you & I hope they enjoy their time fending off the boyfriends in prison.

machanic
May 31, 2011, 19:34
Yeah the bobby trap will cost you time, better a carbon monoxide gen, fumigates the house, vents out clean and gets rid of all pest!!

jbgw
May 31, 2011, 19:48
Wow. I am right around the corner from you . Literally.
Ill send you some particulars so we can speak directly.
I already have met cbr and been shooting.

olgier
May 31, 2011, 20:38
If they saw your safe, they might be back. I hate thieves!
Hope you get everything back and the @#%$@%%'s go to jail.

aezcur
May 31, 2011, 21:54
Sorry for the bad news Blazer001, I hope you are going to get your stuff back!...I'll update the chart on the Argy thread with your name in RED and the word STOLEN....

blazer001
June 01, 2011, 00:35
Thanks aezcur I am not holding my breath but you never know

shootingmonkey
June 01, 2011, 00:51
Originally posted by def90

Thieves tend to be dumb.. They were probably sitting out in plain view and they looked like guns so why not.. I have a client that had his home broken into and they went through the trouble of removing audio video equipment from a commercial grade rack so they actually had to spend the time to unscrew shelves to get it out when the racks were in a closet next to a wine cellar full of $1000 bottles of wine.

This is what I'm thinking. They probably thought they were just disassembled guns. Most thieves are just opportunistic.

I had part of an AK kit stolen from me a while back. It was a Yugo M64 underfolder front section. That barrel will not go to another AK variant, it threads into a milled receiver.

Anyway enough about me, sounds like your troubles are worse than mine. Make sure your safe is bolted down. Good luck on getting your stuff back and keep us posted.

CTW
June 01, 2011, 07:05
Hell your only two counties away from me. Ill keep my eyes open at local gun shops and shows. Hope you catch them.:mad:

ac7120
June 01, 2011, 13:01
I'm going to the Tampa gun show this weekend, and I will keep an eye open for your kits. It's a pretty big show, so who knows, we might get lucky.

blazer001
June 01, 2011, 20:37
Thanks so none of the guns have showed up yet but the police do have them listed as stolen so maybe they will show up someday

cbr954fz1
June 02, 2011, 22:47
i think there is a small gun show in indian river county on the 11th..if i go i'll ck there also...cbr:fal:

Buddymack
June 03, 2011, 23:55
Man I am sorry to hear about that fellow FALer, I will keep this in mind as I shop also..
I had a bit of problem with crime like this myself when I lived in Florida too seems you have some folks there are no worth the skin God gave em.
I hope you find it, and I hope you find out how you were compromised.

ac7120
June 04, 2011, 13:58
I just got back from the Tampa show. There were no FAL kits anywhere, but there were a few (4) CAI, and (2) DSA complete rifles for sale. No FAL parts either except for magazines which ranged from $15.00 to $27.00, but that's it. Sorry.

nawck
June 04, 2011, 18:39
After you catch em, when you snipp off their POTUS, be sure to video it and put it up on youtube!

:beer:

V guy
June 04, 2011, 19:24
Kits are not guns, per the BATFE, and the perp cannot be charged with stealing guns. No guns were stolen, just stuff, so the cops are safe not looking for the non guns.

So, no one is looking, but guys here.

Possession of guns later on with even all of those numbers would be hard to prosecute, since they would not ID the gun at all.

Marked gun parts is all they are.

I damn well don't know my kit numbers or care.

The kits will likley be sold to some local gun guy they know for $50, who will sit on em for a while, until he figures out what they are, and peddle them later on.

Checking GB for STG kit numbers for two years sounds like a bad idea.

I sympathize as I have been burglarized more than once by these types.
Once they stole a coffee can full of Jacobs drill-chuck keys. Idiots!! It is the shiny stuff that gets their attention, and should be wired with 220v.

blazer001
June 04, 2011, 22:42
Nothing yet but the hunt is still on! Thanks to everyone that has helped, I did not realize so many members were this close, I am listing the serial numbers of the other guns in case u see anything.
Smith and wesson 15-22 with grip pod sn:dtu545
870 express magnum 12gauge thumbholen stock rifled barrel sn:b789346m
870 tactical 12 gauge with Knox ar type stock sn:ab838431m

FUUN063
June 05, 2011, 08:59
Well, I am thinking of you in this time. I hate it when someone's home gets violated and it seems that this is becoing the new trend as times get tougher. It also seems that there were 3 guns stolen, so most here, along with Police, will do what they can if located. I know I look for them every time I am in a house. And, not just guns. Other SERIALED items were stolen, that that helps, too. At least here, anyway. This IS a way to track them and it is still a felony. This is burglary not robbery, and is still a serious home invasion crime. My best of luck and wishes to you getting your stuff back.

ps-I had a handgun stolen years ago. I listed it on stolen gun sites, local PD with report, gunshows, gunshops, word of mouth, everywhere. 13 months later, a guy from another county calls the Sheriff's Department with my still loaded S&W and where he got it! A happy day. Keep the faith.

ETA: It may also helpful to keep a copy of the original Officer's report in your car or with you when you go to gunshows or gunshops in the area. Then, if you do happen to located a kit of yours, this will help speed up the process of getting it back when you call the Police at that specific time. Most gunshop owners will gladly cooperate with you and the authorities in apprehending the suspect. Also, if guys could keep a simple written number in their wallet of the serial numbers of the kits, too.

Leland:beer: