PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf G20-40 S&W barrel

Timber Wolf
May 25, 2011, 12:45
Just got my Lone Wolf G20 to .40 S&W conversion barrel last night. Looks like a nice piece of kit. It appears to be well made, is certainly more attractive than the black factory barrel, and dropped right in. I hope to get to shoot it this weekend and will post back with the results. I am excited about the prospect of inexpensively shooting the big G20 and getting some use out of it without worrying about loosing 10mm brass. I loaded up a few rounds of .40 in a mag and hand cycled them through without any drama. The .40 S&W rounds look right at home in a G20 mag until you hold a mag up next to it loaded with 10mm. The difference in length of the rounds and the excess room in the mag loaded with .40 really jumps out at you then.

Thunderin300
May 25, 2011, 15:27
I have a LW 17L threaed barrel for use with my Jager comp (nothin says cool like an extra long longslide hehe). It didnt wanna fully chamber reloads. A couple of hours slowly polishing the throat of the chamber and it was good to go. You may not have this issuse. That being said, comp or not that barrel is stupidly accurate.

Have fun and with you new barrel.

Mark

Timber Wolf
May 26, 2011, 11:45
I have only loaded .40 S&W on my single-stage press so far but plan on setting the Dillion 550 up for .40 shortly. I bought all the stuff, Dillion die set, plate, etc., last year when I had money and now that I am broke I'm glad I did! I have been taking some pistol classes and burning through my factory ammo stash so need to get some .40 loaded up.

D. Short
June 01, 2011, 21:05
T-Wolf:
Look forward to your range report. Earlier this year I purchased a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 22. Barrel dropped right in, but the accuracy was very disappointing with several different typers of ammo (?). At the same time I had purchased a Lone Wolf complete .45 upper to use on my G20. It, on the other hand, has been accurate and completely reliable! (my 1911's don't get out much anymore) Hope your barrel is a keeper!