PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody used a single point sling on there FAL ?

scamp62
May 24, 2011, 22:30
Has anybody used a single point sling on there FAL ? If so how did you attach it ?
P.S. picked up my first FAL today (been in 10 day jail . . . Im in the communist state of California) and dame if is not the sexiest rifle !!

308/223shooter
May 25, 2011, 00:13
I have a single point on my para, and it works well. I use a standard sling on my non-folder though.

RedRiverSix
May 25, 2011, 17:27
single point would probably be great on a short barrel or folder, I have a Turner extra-length NM on mine (full sized)

Ironhandjohn
May 26, 2011, 16:36
A single point on my Izzy wouldn't keep the muzzle off the ground. I'd bet it would be handy as hell on a folder, though.

IRONWORKER
May 26, 2011, 16:49
I tried out my friends once for a few minutes, real nut buster - IMHO a single pt sling is very poor design compared to a regular old 2pt

W.E.G.
May 26, 2011, 17:30
I recommend the one with the elastic (bungee cord?) feature.

That way when it whacks you in the nuts, and you instinctively jump away from it, your motion causes loading on the bungee cord.

This loading allows second and successive nut-slams to occur with added vigor.

You aint doin' it right until it whacks you in the nuts with the magazine, rear sight, cocking handle, and trigger guard all in one flinch.

Extra points if the "tooth" of the mag-release shows imbedded flesh.

scamp62
May 27, 2011, 11:30
O.K……So according to W.E.G. a single pint sling on a FAL is like sex with my crazy ex !
Anybody want her phone number ??? LOL

Nomad, 2nd
May 27, 2011, 11:31
GG&G "Sling Thingy"

No longer made, but there are others...

IRONWORKER
May 27, 2011, 12:17
Originally posted by scamp62
O.K……So according to W.E.G. a single pint sling on a FAL is like sex with my crazy ex !
Anybody want her phone number ??? LOL

If she is that rough on a mans nutz HELL NO!!! :rofl:

JKJ1911
May 27, 2011, 16:11
I have one on a 18" para, it's a Troy IIRC, and I like it ok, it's probably my favorite single point.

kotengu
May 28, 2011, 21:57
I've got the sling thingy and made a 2-point sling that can easily convert to a single point when I need it. It not that bad of a nut-buster once you get used to it - you just sweep the rifle to your weak side with your weak hand while drawing your pistol. Bungee cord slings are NOT the way to go.

WEG - my wife says you should man up and wear a cup! :biggrin: