PDA

View Full Version : CZ or not cz

elbo
May 10, 2011, 19:41
I bought this ...........
cause I could.

elbo
May 10, 2011, 20:16
a little czmutz on it 'cause I just put 100 rounds through it.

bykerhd
May 10, 2011, 22:40
Nice looking phony CZ clone.
Got to be a phony !
They couldn't even spell Turkey right.:wink:

homelandprotector
May 10, 2011, 23:24
Sweet little pocket rocket. :cool:

Brian in MN
May 10, 2011, 23:29
WARNING, THIS IS A GUN! YOU COULD PUT YOUR EYE OUT!

dwarmbrodt
May 11, 2011, 08:31
Good looking clone. Interesting warning "Retract slide to see if loaded"

elbo
May 11, 2011, 10:51
It's such a close copy of a CZ that it's hard to believe that tanfoglio set those boys up. (they reverted to CZ's wire lifter spring and mag catch system)
Aluminum frame, hard chrome slide. In the picture I've changed the grips and it's wearing a '85 Combat trigger and a CZ 13# hammer spring. CZ-75B mags function but hang out.

dwarmbrodt
May 11, 2011, 17:43
I would guess that P-01 or PCR mags will fit flush then.

elbo
May 11, 2011, 18:55
odd, there are no proof marks.
The Turks do not have a proof house?

cz75fan
May 13, 2011, 21:58
Originally posted by dwarmbrodt
I would guess that P-01 or PCR mags will fit flush then.

Pretty good looking pistol, reminds me of the old FIE TZ75 Government models. I'm wondering what mags it would take. The grip looks a little shorter to me than the CZ compact models. . I know the Tanfoglio/TZ compact mags are a little too short to work in the CZ's

http://gastatic.com/UserImages/4187/996586395/pop_wm_939898.jpg

Topbanana
May 13, 2011, 22:15
My 2nd BB gun had similar warnings... Dude, be careful... I think that thing might be dangerous. :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Topbanana
May 13, 2011, 22:17
If I ever start a gun company, the only warning my rifles will bare will be this: WARNING: THIS IS A **GUN** DON'T BE A RETARD.

dwarmbrodt
May 14, 2011, 06:01
I would put "Warning, High speed projectile delivery system"

kar66
May 24, 2011, 06:27
If it shoots as good as it looks. It will be a tack driver. Bill:)

elbo
May 27, 2011, 10:58
Originally posted by kar66
If it shoots as good as it looks. It will be a tack driver. Bill:)
15yds, first mag

bykerhd
May 27, 2011, 11:26
Targets, schmargets !
How does it FEEL ?
Function, trigger, etc.
Does everything work as well as you would like, hope ?

Is it just a pretty face or is it going to be a workhorse ?

elbo
May 27, 2011, 14:46
Originally posted by bykerhd
Targets, schmargets !
How does it FEEL ?
Function, trigger, etc.
Does everything work as well as you would like, hope ?

Is it just a pretty face or is it going to be a workhorse ?

It feels like a CZ but lighter.
400 rounds, 100, 115, 125, FMJ, HP no failures.
Thr trigger is as light and smoothe but crisper than my '92 CZ-75 and the Canik is still wearing the firing pin block. I took it out of my CZ-75B.
The only functional difference is that the Canik safe will operate whatever the position fo the hammer, but the CZ only going on safe when it's cocked never bothered me.
There are only two places where the parts are different than in a CZ.
The safe detent ball is captured between the frame outside and under the lever.
The hammer pin locking pin is completely internal, it's a larger diameter and rides a groove in the hammer pin, no small verticle pin on the left side.
I would rate the Turk workmanship equal to the Czechs and a damn site better than the Italian.
I think Canik has done an excellent job.

Peconga
May 29, 2011, 22:46
Nice looking gun, especially with those grips. Were they standard, or are they aftermarket CZ or EAA Witness?

Seems like a smart move to offer a CZ75 compact with the light alloy frame and frame-mounted safety. CZ does not offer such a configuration in the U.S., since the CZ75 PCR/PO1 model with alloy frame has a decocker, and the standard CZ75B Compact only comes with a steel frame. Dan's Sporting Goods recently had a handful of surplus European police CZ75B Compacts with the alloy frame and frame-mounted safety, but sold out of them within a couple of days. The Canik alloy frame looks a little thinner than the CZ alloy frame, so the Canik should feel even better in the hand.

Anyway, back to your Turkish gun. I Googled around a bit and it looks like the Canik is getting rave reviews over on the www.czforumsite.info where they can be a bit partisan about CZ clones sometimes. I've owned a number of CZ75s and clones (Tanfoglio, Sphinx, Jericho) and think the Canik should be a strong seller in the USA, once they get established and better known. I know I'd like one; where did you find yours?

elbo
May 30, 2011, 12:23
Originally posted by Peconga
Nice looking gun, especially with those grips. Were they standard, or are they aftermarket CZ or EAA Witness?

The Canik alloy frame looks a little thinner than the CZ alloy frame, so the Canik should feel even better in the hand.

where did you find yours?

"CZ-75 based" turned it up in a search Gunbroker for a CZ75 Compact.

I have not held a CZ alloy compact, but random checking against a CZ-75 finds the alloy a consistent .004" thicker than the steel, One sample against one sample.:p So, same as steel?

I had a set of Witness compact grips that would not fit because the screw hole did not line up. Not having a set of CZ grips to check I made a set out of Madrone burl I had from a previous project. Had the plastic grips been as thin as those on my CZ-75 that's what it would still be wearing.