PDA

View Full Version : SARCO KIT GROUP BUY UPDATE!

LaConservationist
April 21, 2011, 15:01
Hey guys I just wanted to let EVERYONE know that I was able to talk to the owner at SARCO. He was willing to do a Group buy discount HOWEVER, it was NOT enough to ensure I would not go into a hole after all said and done.
For the price he was wanting per unit I would have to sell each kit at about $525 shipped to cover the price of the kit, packaging, shipping, and insurance fees.

I did not feel this would be enough savings to peak buying interest to try and get together 30 buyers in less than 2 weeks.

Sorry but that is where it is.

LaC

IRONWORKER
April 21, 2011, 17:45
If you go foward I'm in for 1 kit LC - A penny saved is a penny earned :wink:

sasquatch440
April 21, 2011, 21:32
im still down for one kit.

4markk
April 21, 2011, 21:50
At this point, you may want to wait and see if SARCO has their regular 10% off for Memorial Day.

catmguy445
April 27, 2011, 17:35
Does Sarco normally give Files members any discount on kits?

Slo cat
April 28, 2011, 22:20
About a year ago, didn't Sarco offer Argy kits for 10% off? At about $500 plus shipping? If they could do this once, why not do it again with a group buy?

Well, LC, if you talked to them and they couldn't get us a similar deal, then it is not in the cards.

Maybe if we found out when the end of their fiscal year is, we could time the group buy to puff up the income statement for the year.

Best Regards,
Slo cat

FALonious
April 28, 2011, 23:25
Originally posted by Slo cat
About a year ago, didn't Sarco offer Argy kits for 10% off? At about $500 plus shipping? If they could do this once, why not do it again with a group buy?

Yes, and if you bought 3 you got another discount and there was free shipping iirc.....I can look at my records when I get home on Sat. At the time I bought 3 more because it was such a good amount off.

Turns out it was right around the time of the first group buy Chris did. I posted my 3 #,s on August 30.

LaConservationist
May 07, 2011, 07:32
Originally posted by 4markk
At this point, you may want to wait and see if SARCO has their regular 10% off for Memorial Day.

4Markk, the only thing LIZ would tell me about ANY future discounts is "KEEP AN EYE ON OUR WEBSITE" so I am not saying there won't be a discount for Memorial Day but I can't say there will be either.

Maybe we will wait and see if there is a Memorial Day discount, after that maybe we could gauge interest at that time and reevaluate the desire for a possible GB at that time. To be honest we could all save $$$ by purchasing separately at that time.

OR if someone else wishes to try their hand with heading up a group buy, all it takes is a phone call to SARCO to get the ball rolling.
When I spoke to them, I also spoke directly with SPENCER (He does the sorting and packaging) He did tell me that he did have all parts on hand to put together a 30 kit GB.

Below is the break down of the kit cost of the last Group buy I completed in August. As you can see the kit cost of $510 you paid did NOT leave very much profit margin. ;)

Kit $470 This is the cost/kit when buying 30 kits.

Shipping/kit ~$10
This is broken down pretty close to what the last GB cost, I am pretty sure it was right at $250 shipping cost from Sarco to me.(And NO they will NOT do free shipping on a GB) This was a 20 kit GB. Last August so I am sure the price may be just a bit more so I figured $10. It may be just a little bit more than $10/kit.

Packaging/kit ~ $8 This would include purchasing all packaging material. Box, fill material, pastic bags for parts and packaging tape.

Shipping to buyer $~$30 This is the cost/kit on an average with delivery confirmation and $525 insurance. AGAIN this is an AVERAGE!

Total cost ~$518

Again, these prices are on an average, the prices may vary slightly but this will give you a general idea on what the fees would be.

LaC