PDA

View Full Version : complete lower

2DARK2C
April 15, 2011, 17:03
a rainy day put to good use !

i'm feeling pretty good about this project. i now have an intimant understanding of the mysteries of the fal lower. many thanks to all members who provided parts and knowledge to get me this far.

gathering all the parts, on a budget and trading/selling a few things took a bit of time. i have $256 +- in this set up.

rebluing the internals and controls was a excellent idea, and it took very little time.

i used the fn guide supplied with my stg58 from dsa, and it went smooth.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/carinker/DSC03806.jpg

again thanks to all

:bow:

2DARK2C
April 15, 2011, 18:26
i just put this lower on my rifle, boy is it ugly :biggrin:

i also put on a set of dsa composite hg's, that are heavier than the metal, which surprised me.

the x series stock seems to be heavier than the original steyr as well. so if it paired with the para sight don't work miracles for my shooting off they come!

i plan to test fire it tomarrow. are there any safety checks for fit or function that i should do, or just load up a mag and fire.

i can't get my bipod screws loose with a screwdriver. looks like i'll need the castle nut scocket.

i am most glad that i headed the advice of the forum and didn't sell or trade off stg parts to customise my rifle.

2DARK2C
April 16, 2011, 12:27
specs:

dsa aluminum lower
recoil tube/plunger/springs
x series stock/hardware

century p-grip
dsa para sight

g1 parts:
takedown assembly
selector assembly
H/T/S
sear plunger/spring
trigger plunger/spring
locking plate
hammerspring-
housing/rod/spring

?:
trigger gaurd
axis pins

putting this plus the dsa hg's on my stock stg58 has actually made it heavier. not sure , but ithink i'll be putting it all back to stock.

any thoughts :fal:

blackrussian
April 16, 2011, 13:15
The x stock is solid. The stg58 stock is hollow. I'm not a big fan of the x stock.

cbr954fz1
April 16, 2011, 15:19
looks good. i gots 2 of them in od green and blue...i like the x-stock :biggrin: ..cbr

2DARK2C
April 16, 2011, 15:46
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/carinker/DSC03827.jpg

shots fired!

i still got 10 fingers too :rofl:

it is absolutely amazing to me, that parts from so many places fit and function correctly. no wonder you guys who build complete rifles love them so much.

i'm probably going to change the x stock, but i like the para sight.

thanks for the replies!

how did you get a ble x series stock? krylon? it's not UN-blue is it?

cbr954fz1
April 16, 2011, 15:53
sorry not blue but gray..my bad...let me know what you want for it? if your not gonna use it..getting ready to build a para, stg/g1 and 3rd?(not sure yet) myself...cbr:fal: :cry:
but i like yours...