PDA

View Full Version : Early Argentine kit on Gunbroker

blackmatt
April 15, 2011, 14:54
Argie experts, check this out:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224449715

Couple of questions I have--

Did "early" Argentine FALs have type III lowers ?

Is that particular vertical take down lever correct ? Looks SA....

FALonious
April 15, 2011, 14:56
Looks like one of the Sarco Argy kits with a wood stock and modified combo f/h added.
The Argy fsl f/h does not have the grenade ring cut.

blackmatt
April 15, 2011, 14:58
Kinda what I was thinking too.

FALonious
April 15, 2011, 15:00
The wood looks correct to be Argy though, I have one and thats a dead ringer for mine.

Aezcur, add #2217 lower and 01375 B/C to the list.

On the take down lever, I'll have to look at mine. 3 have vertical and 3 are horizontal.

nebula8080
April 15, 2011, 16:59
The kit is mine and it is NOT a sarco kit...I've had it for way before sarco started selling the kits they have now. Look where the serial number is on the lower....

That is also not a modified FH. I have several argentine FH's that have the grenade ring...here's another one. Dead on timing with my closed ear argy barrels.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5222/5623045696_6af9f82e17_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5061/5623045702_214025357f_z.jpg

gobbler
April 15, 2011, 17:49
wouldn't want to part with a FH would you?

gobbler

nebula8080
April 15, 2011, 18:13
Originally posted by gobbler
wouldn't want to part with a FH would you?

gobbler

I would if I could gobbler but these are in my irreplaceable stash...

Lee Carpentieri
April 15, 2011, 21:17
The vertical release lever is also very rare, They came on early G-Series Fals.

gobbler
April 15, 2011, 21:26
Originally posted by nebula8080

I would if I could gobbler but these are in my irreplaceable stash...

Just thought I would ask, I have one but need one more. They are like the old "Hen's Teeth"

gobbler

harleyrider
April 15, 2011, 22:25
So Neb, you live in Frederick? I used to live up in Braddock Heights for about 10-11 years in the 80's-90's. Man, I'm sure that that place is a lot different today than it was when I was there.

Two questions: Is James Gang Pizza still in business in Middletown, and is Trout Liquors still selling that fine Blue Ridge Porter (Frederick Brewing Company)? Good Stuff! Feel like I need to head out there for a few nights up at the Bentz Street Raw Bar.

HR

aezcur
April 15, 2011, 22:33
Originally posted by Lee Carpentieri
The vertical release lever is also very rare, They came on early G-Series Fals.

The FAL that I got issued during my Military Service was a lugged barrel, plastic buttstock and handguards and VERTICAL take down lever. 1973

jbrooks
April 15, 2011, 23:07
Very nice. :beer:

Observation... The lower has the cross-pin for semi use... yet has the S-R-A selector. I didn't know that such an early example had the cross pin.

So was this kit intended for import or was it an imported complete rifle...?

My understanding was that the cross-pin was explicitly for export from Argentina...

thanks,

JWB

aezcur
April 15, 2011, 23:26
Originally posted by jbrooks
Very nice. :beer:

Observation... The lower has the cross-pin for semi use... yet has the S-R-A selector. I didn't know that such an early example had the cross pin.

So was this kit intended for import or was it an imported complete rifle...?

My understanding was that the cross-pin was explicitly for export from Argentina...

thanks,

JWB

Hi jbrooks,

I believe that the ''A'' mark in the lower S-R-A is NOT original....the notch for the safety lever in Auto mode (A) is missing.

nebula8080
April 16, 2011, 06:26
Originally posted by aezcur

Hi jbrooks,

I believe that the ''A'' mark in the lower S-R-A is NOT original....the notch for the safety lever in Auto mode (A) is missing.

You are correct. The A on this lower appears to have been added later. The selector does not rotate all the way around....

nebula8080
April 16, 2011, 06:31
If anyone is wondering my reserve is $700. If any falfiles members win, I have some partial trade + cash ideas:

1.) NOS/mint israeli barrel (open ear preferred)
2.) excellent condition, original parked stripped Israeli lower

My post #18 in this thread =>

Link (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306390)

has a picture of the condition I'm looking for on the lower.

nebula8080
April 16, 2011, 08:23
Originally posted by harleyrider
So Neb, you live in Frederick? I used to live up in Braddock Heights for about 10-11 years in the 80's-90's. Man, I'm sure that that place is a lot different today than it was when I was there.

Two questions: Is James Gang Pizza still in business in Middletown, and is Trout Liquors still selling that fine Blue Ridge Porter (Frederick Brewing Company)? Good Stuff! Feel like I need to head out there for a few nights up at the Bentz Street Raw Bar.

HR

Yep its changed quite a bit...even in the 13 years that I've been here (originally from Indiana). The blue ridge porter is still around. They (frederick brewing company) also has a pretty good IPA.

blackmatt
April 16, 2011, 09:57
Aezcur,

Your FAL circa 1973- what type of receiver ? I, II, or III ?

aezcur
April 16, 2011, 11:09
Originally posted by blackmatt
Aezcur,

Your FAL circa 1973- what type of receiver ? I, II, or III ?

It was a Type I .....:love:

4 brigada
April 16, 2011, 14:39
Like to find out who added the letter "A" since I need that done. My military service issue was a para, and it was a type III. FH had the grenade launcher features, ring and serrations. BTW my Argie PARA lower is a type III, with the A, no crosspin and the selector goes to all positions. I picked that up here in the US, I didnt bring it back from Argentina.

jbrooks
April 16, 2011, 16:09
Originally posted by aezcur

Hi jbrooks,

Thanks, aezcur, I can see that now. Good eyes! :)

But waht about the cross-pin? Like 4 brigada, my Argy para has no cross pin, and it was received as an Argentine demilled import.

So I still don't understand the origin of the subject kit. The cross pin would tell me it came into the US as a complete semi rifle. The military rifles do not have the cross pin. So just curious... also, the hammer must be the so-called "semi" hammer, correct?

JWB

aezcur
April 16, 2011, 16:50
Originally posted by jbrooks

Thanks, aezcur, I can see that now. Good eyes! :)

But waht about the cross-pin? Like 4 brigada, my Argy para has no cross pin, and it was received as an Argentine demilled import.

So I still don't understand the origin of the subject kit. The cross pin would tell me it came into the US as a complete semi rifle. The military rifles do not have the cross pin. So just curious... also, the hammer must be the so-called "semi" hammer, correct?

JWB

I'm sure the hammer is the ''semi'' type .....otherwise IT WON"T work :tongue: