PDA

View Full Version : So, what is the latest consensus on Century VZ58s?

lawdog
April 12, 2011, 15:18
Now that it appears a number of the Century VZ's have been sold, what is the word on how well they are performing and are there any reports of problems with the receivers?

I saw one and was pleasantly surprised it had come from Century and presumed that there had to be something hidden that would come back to bite me on the ass if I bought it. Something stupid, like receiver issues, poor accuracy, sub-par barrels, etc...

Has any of those Century type shenanigans been found or are these rifles turning out to be the sleeper deal of the year?

mrbig381
April 15, 2011, 05:24
Picked one up a few weeks ago and was surprised with the fit and finish of the rifle. Took it to the range and had no problems at all. Shooting it was also nice, one ragged hole a little high and right of point of aim. I took the goofy slant brake off and it shot closer to point of aim but a little to the right. I would buy another one if the price dosen't creep up.

saltshaker
April 15, 2011, 06:47
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/SA_58_FIELD_STRIPPED.jpg
I don't have an ak variant any more kinda miss em'......The vz would most definately be a contender as it is not an ak and not many were made...

harleyrider
April 15, 2011, 21:42
I bought a few of these during the sales that Century, J&G, AIM, & SOG had. So far no issues with any of them. The only adjustments that needed to be made were to VERY slightly file the tops of some of the surplus mags that I have accumulated to perfectly fit the magwell/mag release on the VZ's. I just love how nicely the mag release works on these compared to a standard AK release. Ergonomically superior IMHO. The BHO feature, milled receiver, light weight; small package; pretty decent accuracy -- to me they are a great gun for the money and I do hope that Century builds up some more rifles, because I would like to get a few more before they are completely gone for good.

HR