PDA

View Full Version : Pair of 52's &..

DYNOMIKE
March 28, 2011, 09:31
Looking for a few PICS of Mosins I'm gonna sell and I found this.. Posted it before I think but it was awhile ago before we had a CZ forum..

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/P7140157.jpg

dwarmbrodt
March 28, 2011, 09:41
Nice! What is the finish on the lower pistol?

Good beer choice BTW

TideWater 41009
March 28, 2011, 10:31
Originally posted by dwarmbrodt
Nice! What is the finish on the lower pistol?...

If original, the finish on the lower pistol is zinc phosphate.

The upper-right pistol was originally finished the same, and then when arsenal re-built, hot dip blue was applied over the original finish.

lonewolfmcquade
March 28, 2011, 23:27
NICE NICE NICE!!! I LOVE B&T AND CANNOT FIND IT DOWN HERE IN H-TOWN, TX. I JUST GOT MY FIRST 52 A FEW DAYS AGO AND AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT SHOOTING IT SOON. HAS ANY ONE HEARD OF http://www.harringtonproducts.com/? THEY SEEM TO HAVE A GOOD THING GOING BUT HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. THE FP, ROLLERS, AND EXTRACTOR SEEM TO BE GOOD UPGRADES. I PLAN ON GETTING THESE ITEMS OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS.

Varangian
March 29, 2011, 18:04
Originally posted by lonewolfmcquade
I PLAN ON GETTING THESE ITEMS OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS.

In the meantime, I suggest looking for the CAPS LOCK on your keyboard and turning it off.

DYNOMIKE
March 29, 2011, 19:34
Originally posted by Varangian

In the meantime, I suggest looking for the CAPS LOCK on your keyboard and turning it off.

I thought he was YELLIN at me.. :rofl:

Sall good Lonewolf, just funnin ya. I got scolded good righteous like the first few times I posted.. Then I kina figured it out...:p

Yea mang Black & Tans are good stuff, I partake regularly of the YUENGLING..
Gotta Bud that lives neer H-Town and he's always bustin onme to send him some.. :beer:

lonewolfmcquade
March 29, 2011, 22:43
Yeah, my wife tells me to stop yelling in the house all the time so I got to do it somewhere. Figured I might as well do it where folks are used to loud stuff like guns anyway.:rofl:

357ross
April 24, 2011, 13:48
Dynomike, is that vz58 built on an Ohio Rapid Fire reciever, and is so, have you had any problems with it? Thanks.

DYNOMIKE
April 24, 2011, 20:53
YES it is bult on an ORF receiver..
I did have some peening where the B/C impacts the receiver face but that seems to have stopped.. I checked it really closely after every range trip for awhile and made a mental note of what I found.. The last few trips there has been no more and after I cleaned the burr up with a file all is well..

The Gun is a kinda ammo sentative and the trigger pretty much sux but I plan on changing that out eventually..
Here is my Build thread on this rifle...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248845

357ross
April 25, 2011, 11:30
Thanks for the quick answer and the build link, Dynomike. I believe the feed issues are because of the way the feed ramp is machined flat, as opposed to the way the Czech ramps in a semi circle. I bought one of those ORF recievers at a local gun show, new in the box, for 80.00. I didn't know anything about ORF's reputation at the time. The seller simply told me he realized the build was way over his head, and he sold the kit, and had no use for the reciever. This was several years ago, and I haven't installed the barrel yet, although I did play with the fire control parts. I did notice the different feed ramp, I checked it with a caliper, and I think I will have some metal welded onto it, and file it to shape. I have wondered about the hardness of the metal, and wondered about having it re-heat treated. Everything seems good about this reciever, I don't want to junk it. What do you think?

DYNOMIKE
April 27, 2011, 23:58
I went into some pretty specific details on the feed issue and can't say I know 100% for sure what the prob actually is?
I can say that with ammo it likes it feeds and runs perfectly, with ammo it don't like it won't??

Working on the feed ramps may be the answer I just don't know... Far as the heat retreat I got no clue there either but I can say that mine seems to be fine so far.. Years down the road and thousands of rounds later I just can't say?

If I were you I'd do the build and use the receiver, got a Bud here on the FILES that did TWO builds on ORF Receivers and they have been fine, he also used a diff F/C/G and he says his trigger is pretty damn good..

Post back as you decide and how the build progresses..